The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2015, 07:14 PM
Majesty

Ha, well. Not that unrealistic.

Another thing I thought of was for the actors, script writers, whatever to mingle with the crowd at an actual event involving Mary in particular. To get a feel of the atmosphere and to study the real thing in action.
A competent (in the European definition of competent i.e. very skilled indeed) actor will find that very useful.
But as shooting seems to be done, that can't be it.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
You know what I'd like Muhler - the cast shooting in the area frequented by the Royals - and then the real Royals jog past.

Have your cameras ready - don't see it but miss getting the photo.
Something similar did happen a year or so ago.
A journalist was recording something and Frederik and Mary walked on by

Old 08-24-2015, 08:52 PM
Courtier

Yes RoyaltyPortuguese - it was announced - officially, but I can't remember where I saw it - that the production would be moving on from Sydney, for location shooting in Denmark, at the end of August.

And yes polyesco - I remember that now.

Can you imagine if it happened with this filming. That photo would be on the front page of the newspapers here.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaltyPortuguese View Post
Another photo of the film
https://instagram.com/p/6Y6673NbxL/
Excellent choice for the role of Mary as this particular actor. In appearance at least is perfect.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Courtier

Now I'm expecting some nice aerial shots of Copenhagen.

Look out for drones in the sky Muhler - the "Mary: The Making of a Princess" instagram account has just posted a photo of the delivery of a drone to the location shooting in Denmark.

And of course, it arrived by bicycle.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Correction - looks like lovely Angela Punch-McGregor will be portraying Queen Margrethe.

Superb actress who once played Anthony Hopkin's wife - if you've not heard of her.

Check out an old Australian film, "We of the Never, Never" - a true story and the most evocative movie music I've heard.

And well-respected Scottish-born Oz actor Colin Friels is also in the cast - I'm guessing he will be playing CP Mary's father John Donaldson.

Actor and author Shane Briant, who is playing Prince Henrik, has a blog if you want to follow any posts he makes about the production.

(And I think he's got a hard role - Shane is English, lives in Oz, and is playing a Frenchman who has lived in Denmark most of his life - how do you approach that accent.)

English born, Norwegian-speaking actor/author/director Nicholas Hope is playing the role of Per Thornitt of the Danish Royal Court.

And another correction - Colin Friels is not portraying CP Mary's father John Donaldson as I speculated above.

If you saw the wedding scene photo, that is actor James Lugton - who decades ago was in a well remembered, in Oz, early Nicole Kidman movie, "BMX Bandits".
Old 08-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Now I'm expecting some nice aerial shots of Copenhagen.

Look out for drones in the sky Muhler - the "Mary: The Making of a Princess" instagram account has just posted a photo of the delivery of a drone to the location shooting in Denmark.

And of course, it arrived by bicycle.
So they have obtained permission for flying over Copenhagen then.
That is otherwise a no-go, especially if it's also above military installations and royal residencies.

It's going to be a popular pastime shooting the things down over the next couple of years.
I'll tell Mrs. Muhler to have her bow and arrows ready.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:23 AM
Courtier

Another photo has been posted to the "Mary: The Making of a Princess" instagram account - looking across the canal to Amalienborg from the Opera House.

Looks like there are some renovations going on, with all the tarpaulins on the buildings.

(Being posted by the film's cinematographer Damian Wyvill - same photos on his twitter account.)

I bet they're having fun.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Goodbye Denmark - lovely CP Mary actress Emma Hamilton has tweeted that filming there is now all done.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Majesty

That wasn't much filming. So I guess it was just some background shoots?
Old 08-27-2015, 06:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
That wasn't much filming. So I guess it was just some background shoots?

I guess they didn't need to do any interior filming in Denmark Muhler.

Sydney's Government House stood in for the engagement interview re-creation - I think, it was certainly filmed here in Oz.

The Langham Hotel in the Rocks area of Sydney stood in for the wedding scenes.

The red dress/ruby tiara theatre occasion of the celebration week was also re-created, and filmed at Government House.

I'm glad the budget allowed for some filming to be done in Denmark - hope they got some good shots of Copenhagen.

I wonder if they filmed around CP Mary's old apartment building in Langelinie.

(And still no leaks about who is playing Amber Petty - I'm assuming her character will be in it, as Brett Annells is covered.)
Old 08-27-2015, 08:32 PM
Gentry

When the trailer for this TV movie will be released? It will be an interesting movie to best realize the story of Frederik and Mary.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
When the trailer for this TV movie will be released? It will be an interesting movie to best realize the story of Frederik and Mary.

I don't think it will be heavily promoted until late November RoyaltyPortuguese - if they stick to the original December broadcast timing.

Any if anyone is thinking that CP Mary is being singled out for TV movie treatment - not really.

In September all of Australia will have the chance to tune in and see our local actresses portraying Carole Bayer Sager, Olivia Newton-John, Liza Minnelli and Judy Garland. (In a biopic about Peter Allen.)

Also, I can see it being screened in New Zealand, Germany, a lot of European countries, (Oz seems to sell a lot of it's productions to all sorts of European nations) - but I wonder if there will be a "gentleman's agreement" between the Danish TV stations and the Royal Court, and it will end up never being broadcast in Denmark.

(Though CP Mary's sisters could always record it and post it over.)
Old 08-28-2015, 04:46 AM
Courtier

So a stunt performer is now in the cast list for "Mary: The Making of a Princess".

Michael Mathews, who has performed stunts in "Mad Max", "Pirates of the Carribean" and many other productions.

Are we going to see "CP Frederik" in his action-man youth days - or did F and M have more trouble evading the journalists of the Danish women's magazines, in their courting days, than we know about.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:37 AM
Majesty

Thanks for keeping is updated, Sun Lion.

I'm pretty sure the move or series, whatever will be bought by one of the Danish networks. How people will receive it is another matter though!

Personally I find the idea of televising the love story of couple, royal or not, who have only been married for eleven years a bit odd.
I might see it if there is nothing better to do, like combing the lawn...

But if I learn it's involuntarily funny, then I'll watch it.

A stuntman? Perhaps they'll do a Pingo?
I'd like it if they show the stuntman descending to the bottom of a pool, sit there for a couple of minutes holding his breath and then swim under water to the other end of the pool - real time. Frederik did that on the news.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Courtier

CP Frederik actor Ryan O'Kane is pictured in today's newspaper, talking about taking part in a 42 kilometres marathon that is coming up later this month in Sydney.

Ryan is quoted as saying CP Frederik is the first and only royal to have run marathons.

The article is also calling "Mary: The Making of a Princess" "hotly anticipated".

Well, it is by me.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:

RoyaltyPortuguese I came across a couple of internet sites with, they said, both the preview and the full movie of "Mary: The Making of a Princess".

They've been cancelled, but it looks like this will be on the internet at some stage.

(Hopefully legally.)
Old 09-10-2015, 05:05 AM
Courtier

Some students were able to visit the filming of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" and have a very informative blog - with photos - of their experience up on the internet.

According to this report the TV movie will air across two nights here in Australia, starting on November 5th.

"Queen Margrethe's" Royal Wedding attire was hand-painted, as no fabric matching the real-life garment could be found.

And the gardens of a mansion here in Sydney were covered in fake snow on the trees and ground, as the scene being filmed was set in Denmark.

The make-up artist for this production is an Emmy winner for her previous work, and actress Emma Hamilton had to wear contact lenses to change her natural eye colour to CP Mary's brown.

I can't link from my tablet, but if you'd like to see the photos - including a new one of Emma as Mary - and read the other details, try "Bus Stop Films Alexandria NSW Non-Profit Organization Visiting the set of Mary: The Making of a Princess!"
Old 09-10-2015, 05:55 AM
Courtier

"Swifts" - the mansion mentioned above where the snow special effects where sprayed about - is actually standing in for Amalienborg Palace, according to it's wiki page.

(We'll have to hear from the Danish posters how well that went when they get a chance to see.)
Old 09-10-2015, 07:44 AM
Majesty

Weeeell, if you have never seen Amalienborg before in your life, the illusion might work.
Did a quick google and here are two pics of Swifts Mansion:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-S...600/swifts.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...8b43e90338.jpg

This movie may turn out to be most entertaining and with a bit of luck even becoming cult.
I saw an American movie made back in the 50's about the first sex change operation that took place here in DK. That included typical American mailboxes that hardly exists here and certainly not back then and scenic Norwegian fjords, complete with towering mountains.
If this movie turns out to be anything like The Prince and Me, I shall certainly see it.

Tags
australia, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, denmark, movie, television programme