The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Majesty

The news about the movie has finally reached the Danish press and now we get a few details about what it will focus on: Ekstra Bladet - Film på vej om Marys nedtonede fortid

Mary's youth before meeting Frederik. And that includes Mary seven year relationship with Brent Annels. And also her relationship with Amber Petty.
The court has no comment on the movie as they simply don't know about it.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I am enjoying the Danish citizens viewpoints and am glad for you. Fred love her, she love him, children happy....what life is all about.
Agree! I am also enjoying the views of Danish citizens...some of them on this message board have actually met CP Mary! And the fact that CP Mary is popular and respected by the Danish people...is really all that counts!
She is truly enjoying her best life!

Old 11-30-2014, 05:13 PM
Courtier

In the cut-throat world of Australian magazines there are few no-go areas.

CP Mary's former boy-friend Brett Annells probably didn't expect to see his face on this week's "Woman's Day" cover - along side Mary - after all these years.

(Or did he - teaser reads "I was Princess Mary's first love".)

It's an old photo, so I think it's old quotes etc., from the wedding days - so may well be a suprise for him.

I have to go to the supermarket this morning, so I'll see what it says.

And it looks like the upcoming mini-series story will run and run.

Channel 10 isn't affiliated with the mags like the other channels, so can't put this down to cross-promotion.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:20 AM
Majesty

Thanks, Sun Lion.

Daily Mail has more: Princess Mary's relationship with first love Brent Annells believed to be big part of upcoming telemovie | Daily Mail Online

Apparantly Mary's ex can't be accused of being open mouthed, there are no recent quotes from him.
And then there are some suggestions on as to what actress might play Mary.
I wonder if our Australian friends have an idea about who it would likely be, or who it should preferably be - and who it shouldn't be...
Old 01-30-2015, 08:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks, Sun Lion.

Daily Mail has more: Princess Mary's relationship with first love Brent Annells believed to be big part of upcoming telemovie | Daily Mail Online

Apparantly Mary's ex can't be accused of being open mouthed, there are no recent quotes from him.
And then there are some suggestions on as to what actress might play Mary.
I wonder if our Australian friends have an idea about who it would likely be, or who it should preferably be - and who it shouldn't be...

Rose Byrne's name has been bandied about from the beginning - and she is actually a brunette.

Today's newspaper's celebrity goss and gloss pages has a large photo of Rose - papped yesterday after a pub lunch - and notes she has been in Sydney for several months.

Asked by the reporter when she was due to return to her Hollywood US career, Rose said she didn't know.

"I'm not sure, we are not sure yet, we are seeing how things are panning out", she is quoted as saying.

Perhaps the role of Mary Donaldson/CP Mary is what she and her reps are waiting to see re "panning out".

Also scoring a photo was lunch-mate and fellow actress Krew Boylan. Perhaps Ms Boylan is in the running for the role of Amber Petty?

(She's blonde - though the real Amber is currently brunette herself, in recent Instagram photos.)

Good Luck girls!
Old 01-31-2015, 04:44 AM
Majesty

Would you consider them good choices for the roles?
Old 02-01-2015, 12:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Would you consider them good choices for the roles?

I think Rose Byrne could do a good job in the role.

I enjoyed her in Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antionette", and she had a good break early on with Brad Pitt in "Troy".

I've never heard of Krew Boylon - so wonder why she had a pap photo published by the newspaper. (Is a PR placed publicity campaign starting to stir here in Oz?)

Krew has voiced one of the characters in "Dirtgirl". Have you seen this in Denmark? - for children, animated. I came across it channel-surfing one day. I loved it.

My comments above are just my speculation, so who knows at this stage who will be in the various roles, Frederik included.

Filming was also announced to be done in Copenhagen - so good size budget for the production.

The big thing for the success or otherwise of this, like all other movies and TV series though, will be in the writing.

Get the script right, and all else will fall into place.

And P.S. Muhler - as Oz now gets so many Danish TV shows thanks to our SBS TV channel, are many Australian shows being broadcast in Denmark?

I know a lot of our successes make it to Germany and other countries. Do you get any of them there?

If you don't, I wonder if this production will open the door.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
I think Rose Byrne could do a good job in the role.

I enjoyed her in Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antionette", and she had a good break early on with Brad Pitt in "Troy".

I've never heard of Krew Boylon - so wonder why she had a pap photo published by the newspaper. (Is a PR placed publicity campaign starting to stir here in Oz?)

Krew has voiced one of the characters in "Dirtgirl". Have you seen this in Denmark? - for children, animated. I came across it channel-surfing one day. I loved it.

My comments above are just my speculation, so who knows at this stage who will be in the various roles, Frederik included.

Filming was also announced to be done in Copenhagen - so good size budget for the production.

The big thing for the success or otherwise of this, like all other movies and TV series though, will be in the writing.

Get the script right, and all else will fall into place.

And P.S. Muhler - as Oz now gets so many Danish TV shows thanks to our SBS TV channel, are many Australian shows being broadcast in Denmark?

I know a lot of our successes make it to Germany and other countries. Do you get any of them there?

If you don't, I wonder if this production will open the door.
Thanks, Sun Lion. We'll see how it will turn out.

Oh, yes. Australian series are regularly shown on the commercial channels and Australian children's dramas are common and have been so for years. There is one about Anzac nurses on one of the public service channels being shown these weeks.
Shows and films are few and far between though.

But those of us who see Discovery are of course familiar with Les Hiddins and Steve Irwin.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Royal Highness

There is news about this movie?
Old 03-18-2015, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

Will Network Ten show 'sex scenes' in Mary: The Making Of A Princess? | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Majesty

Ugh. That would be in very poor taste. Private things should remain private.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why is the DM using the word "monarch" in the title? Frederik is not the king yet.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

The same reason that they call them 'Prince and Princess' – they're not exactly notorious for their reliability or attention for detail over at Daily Mail

This sounds like such a B movie – just like that film they're trying to make here in Denmark about Frederik

Old 07-03-2015, 12:42 AM
Courtier

"Mary: The Making of a Princess" is still going ahead - in case you thought it had died a quiet death.

A ninety minute TV drama, still in pre-production, but with the writer, director, producers and executive producers all named - and one of twelve cinema and TV productions detailed in a recent press-release from "Screen Australia".
Old 07-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Courtier

Today's Sydney newspaper, "The Telegraph", has a large photo of the two young leads who will portray Mary and Frederik - and an interview from them on how they are preparing for their roles.

P.S. There seems to be very active PR promoting this production - reports about this young acting couple are now appearing in "The Sydney Morning Herald", "Sky News" and "Daily Mail/Mail Online" - and probably more to follow.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:35 PM

Well I can tell you you are wrong about Mary those ladies in waiting are her privet friends. they do not work whith her anymore one is working in the Mary fond full time and one have been asked to work for Maersk. but they see eachother privet .
They are not suposed to be seen have you not ntised there are alwaye one whith all the royals and you do notse them smile aljo I have seen Marys lady in waiting laugh out loud when she was on duty .
Old 07-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Thanks, Sun Lion. We'll see how it will turn out.

Oh, yes. Australian series are regularly shown on the commercial channels and Australian children's dramas are common and have been so for years. There is one about Anzac nurses on one of the public service channels being shown these weeks.
Shows and films are few and far between though.

But those of us who see Discovery are of course familiar with Les Hiddins and Steve Irwin.

Australian children/teen series are pretty good. I remember watching Blue Water High, Dance Academy, and Conspiracy 365 (the latter more of a miniseries actually). I didn't like H20: Just Add Water though, even though some of its former "stars" are now big on American TV in shows like The Vampire Diaries/ The Originals and, more recently, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I am enjoying the Danish citizens viewpoints and am glad for you. Fred love her, she love him, children happy....what life is all about.
Exactly, she is everything they expect of their Crown Princess.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
"Mary: The Making of a Princess" is still going ahead - in case you thought it had died a quiet death.

A ninety minute TV drama, still in pre-production, but with the writer, director, producers and executive producers all named - and one of twelve cinema and TV productions detailed in a recent press-release from "Screen Australia".
No chance of it expiring quietly. The Daily Mail has decided to AGAIN show the Australian news clip showing the CPs at the Australian War Memorial and then it moves on the Starmakers segment. I expect it to be featured AGAIN in the near future courtesy of the DM.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:14 AM
Courtier

Still in the pre-production stage, but with a release date of December this year - at least here in Oz.

I think they will try to broadcast it before the schools break-up for the summer holidays about the third week of December, and the ratings season is over.

I get the impression that Christmas viewing is a big deal in the Northern Hemisphere with special episodes for beloved programs.

Here in the Southern Hemisphere no-one is indoors to watch any telly, even on Christmas Day, so every channel is pretty dire until February when school goes back and everyone is home from holidays.

A Channel Ten report just said this, "Mary: The Making of a Princess" and another biopic, about an Australian racing-driver, are it's only two dramas for the rest of this year, so I'm guessing it will be shown before the big break, barring any setbacks.

(I'm wondering if they'll do any location shooting at the actual "Slip Inn".)

Tags
australia, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, denmark, movie, television programme