"Majestät!" (2006) - ZDF Documentary on Royal Families

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biathlon22

Aristocracy
Country
Germany
www.zdf.de

German TV channel ZDF will show a documentary of Royal Familys!

Already always the life and dying of the large monarchies moved the persons. Most kings yet ruler were at the beginning of the 20th century over its countries, only 27 regents have worldwide the turning point to the year 2000 in office and would be experienced. In the mean time the last monarchs of the earth are restricted almost all on representative functions. Nevertheless they are for its peoples yet always symbols of national unit and identity.
The five hurried row "majesty!" goes this phenomenon on the reason. How is the self understanding of these kings? How do they use the traditions, the story of its dynasty to the security of the monarchy? How do they see its "subjects"? And how do its subjects see it? Stand the monarchs of this earth rescue can also for a tradition, the values of the story for the future? The row "majesty!" portrays five of these last monarchies: The emperor house of Japan and the king houses of Spain, Great Britain, the Netherlands and - in the first sequence - Sweden.
Know learned Silvia itself and Carl Gustaf of Sweden during the Olympic summer games in Munich 1972. it was host meal, it yet crown prince. "It has click made", described Carl Gustaf later the moment, in which it learned know Silvia. Four years later were married it. With Silvias entrance in that stockholm lock the sympathy values of the king family shot into formerly unequaled heights. The ruler couple of Sweden always heavily made it critics and mockeries to find a reason for the flaw. Is other European monarchies in which separations and side leaps stand on the order of the day, for in contrast to unite the vest the king family Bernadotte almost white. Queen Silvia, king Carl XVI. Gustaf and its children Kronprinzessin Victoria, prince Carl-Philip and princess maggot line are something akin to the "Persil-variant" of monarchy: Attractively, sympathetic and above all scandal free.
The documentation shows the story of the king couple Silvia and Carl Gustaf of Sweden between politics and private: The start as a newspapers abundance romance, that upswing, that the Swedish monarchy took through the middle class import out of Germany, and the present of the king house between the approval in the people and the rejection through the politics.
In the interview of external itself prominent subjects as well as the former tennis-star Stefan Edberg, Joachim Fuchsberger, that was with Silvia in the Olympia-team, the brother-in-law of the king, prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern, and the former ABBA-singer Annifrid Lyngstad. But also inveterate monarchy opponents out of the Swedish parliament come to word and place clearly why they demand the abolition of the monarchy. Queen Silvia itself explained herself to an exclusive interview ready and reports of its entirely personal memories of its wedding and its years as a young queen.

Envoy appointment and -title:

Tuesday, 22 August 2006, 20.15 "The German girl and the king - Silvia and Carl Gustaf of Sweden" by Friederike Dreykluft and Julia Melchior

Tuesday, 29 August 2006, 20.15 "Beatrix and the sad prince - the Dutch royal house" by Ingo Helm and Annette von der Heyde

Tuesday, 5 September 2006, 20.15 "The tears of a princess - Masako of Japan" by Gert Anhalt and Annette Tewes

Tuesday, 12 September 2006, 20.15 "The unequal couple - Elizabeth and Philip" by Ralf Piechowiak and Seona Robertson

Tuesday, 19 September 2006, 20.15 "The made king - Juan Carlos of Spain" of Annette Baumeister and Florian Hartung

Length: 45 min

Administration: Friederike Dreykluft and Julia Melchior

www.zdf.de
Heres the script for the second show:

It was the first dear marriage in the story of the house Oranien-Nassau. Yet the wedding of the crown princess Beatrix with the German diplomat Claus of Amsberg in the year 1966 bumped in the country into embittered resistance. Thousands of rioting dutch disturbed the ceremonies in Amsterdam. Calculated a "Mof", an "evil German" had itself the Dutch princess choosen as her husband. Over 60,000 dutch gave its signature - against the Liaison. The wounds that the second world war had torn were yet too fresh. As a child, Beatrix spent the years of the German garrison in the Canadian exile while father prince Bernhard with queen Wilhelmina of London organized out of the resistance against the NS-regime.
First 1945, at the age of seven years, turned the Kronprinzessin with its family into the homeland back. Beatrix of its mother Juliana received 1980 crown. As a diplomierte lawyer, she had been prepared thoroughly for its office. Since then it sets its entire ambition on that to become the inherited office just. As a queen, she exercises that its rights of accruing qua states up to the boundaries of the possible and sets at the same time going out own accents over its representative roll. 2005, in the year of the silver government anniversary, were Beatrix' sympathy value in the population unambiguous. The queen sovereign overcame the families scandals of the last years. For its compatriots, it remains the "boss", the arbeitswütige manager of a modern palace business. Very openly it speaks over the Schattenseiten of its office: Let it be "entirely impossible" to remain at the same time an entirely normal person: "Such a small red lamp that signals me always burns in my rear head: May you so say that, you may do that, are this or to answer for that? As a queen, one must be always on the hat." Your deceased prince husband complained once publicly: "Our life plays to be itself from between duty and 24 hours actually in the service. We sit in a glass house." Prince Claus got depression, had grown its manifold tasks no longer. Yet the balances of queen Beatrix' government time is notable. The few opponents of the king house stand on lost post. The monarchy after Dutch pattern functions. The documentation shows sent directed has the portrait of a strong woman, that over a quarter century the house Oranien-Nassau over all turbulences away. For the first time, a TV team in the "cabinet of the queen" was allowed to turn, in the center of the Dutch monarchy. Queen Beatrix itself gives insights into the life behind the facade of brightness and Gloria. Friends and trusted of the family, like Avi Primor and the minister Carel ter linden trees, historian and politician as well as Richard of Weizsäcker draw a sensitive picture of the Dutch monarch.

Thank you for sharing! I can watch the ZDF over here, so I definitely are going to watch some of the broadcasts! :flowers:

I heard Princess Anni-Frid Lyngstad-Reuss gave an exclusive interview, especially for this TV show (the episode about Silvia and CG). :flowers:
I hope it's true!

Did anyone see the first episode today, dealing with the Lovestory of Carl ustav and Slivia?
It was really lovely done. :wub: It was nice to see all the old tapes and pictures of young Silvia and CG.
As I hoped, Princess Anni-Frid gave a short interview. :flowers:

biathlon22 said:
www.zdf.de

Envoy appointment and -title:

Tuesday, 22 August 2006, 20.15 "The German girl and the king - Silvia and Carl Gustaf of Sweden" by Friederike Dreykluft and Julia Melchior

Tuesday, 29 August 2006, 20.15 "Beatrix and the sad prince - the Dutch royal house" by Ingo Helm and Annette von der Heyde

Tuesday, 5 September 2006, 20.15 "The tears of a princess - Masako of Japan" by Gert Anhalt and Annette Tewes

Tuesday, 12 September 2006, 20.15 "The unequal couple - Elizabeth and Philip" by Ralf Piechowiak and Seona Robertson

Tuesday, 19 September 2006, 20.15 "The made king - Juan Carlos of Spain" of Annette Baumeister and Florian Hartung

Length: 45 min

Administration: Friederike Dreykluft and Julia Melchior

Hi!
Does anyone know if these shows will be available in the US? Or in Mexico? I'd love to see them!!

Her_Majesty said:
Did anyone see the first episode today, dealing with the Lovestory of Carl ustav and Slivia?
It was really lovely done. :wub: It was nice to see all the old tapes and pictures of young Silvia and CG.
As I hoped, Princess Anni-Frid gave a short interview. :flowers:

Of course I watched it! Youre totally right. It was wonderful. Especially all the interviews with Silvia, Johann Georg of Hohenzollern, Anni Frid.......! They showed the whole family from a private site. Good job!

RachelD said:
Hi!
Does anyone know if these shows will be available in the US? Or in Mexico? I'd love to see them!!

I've been searching for anything that slightly resembles the show with no success. Sorry, I would love to see these shows myself.:sad:

Yesterday the third episode was shown: Beatrix and the sad prince.
It was really nice to see!
Beatrix as a young princess and in love with Claus von Amsberg! :flowers:
The best episode so far! ;)

WOW!!! The episode of yesterday was fantastic! I loved to see those old videos. There were some i have never seen before. The ones of Queen Sofia and the kids were great! I also liked to hear sofia speaking german, nearly perfect. The show also told a lot of information about the kings live and childhood. The interviews with juan carlos and konstanin of greece were great! All in all i would say this was the best episode of the whole show!

I have always wanted to hear Sofía speak German, does anybody know if there is a link to watch the show on the net? Thanks also for giving the info about the show, I wish I could watch it!:bang: :flowers:

...sOfIa.... said:
I have always wanted to hear Sofía speak German, does anybody know if there is a link to watch the show on the net? Thanks also for giving the info about the show, I wish I could watch it!:bang: :flowers:

I tried to find any link but i have no sucess! Sorry! I know that you can buy a book about the show but its written in german!

Majestät - Series on ZDF

The German broadcasting station ZDF is broadcasting the second part of it's series "Majestät", beginning on July, 1st.

The broadcasting parts are:
July 1st: Denmark - The fairytale Queen and her Prince of Denmark
July 8th: Thailand - The godlike couple: Bhumibol and Sirikit of Thailand
July 15th: Norway - The heritage of the Vikings - Harald and Sonja of Norway
July 22th: Jordan - Love between fronts - Abdullah and Rania of Jordan
July 29th: Belgium - Three marriages and one funeral - Albert and Paola of Belgium
August 6th: Morocco - Freedom for women - Muhammad and Salma of Morocco

ZDF.de - ZDFsendung

The first part was very interesting, and so I will watch the second part.

The first part was devided into:
Spain: The maden king - Juan Carlos of Spain
United Kingdom: The unequal couple: Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh
Sweden: The German and the king - Carl XVI Gustav and Silvia of Sweden
The Netherlands: Beatrix and the sad prince - Beatrix of The Netherlands
Japan: The tears of a princess - Masako of Japan

Dear Principessa, dear everybody,

Thanks for the information on the new ZDF-series. I also watched the first part and found it very interesting and well done. I am happy they continue.

It's my first post in the Royal Forums today, although I am following the threads for a couple of years already. So, it's time to say hello and take part actively in the discussions.

It's my first post in the Royal Forums today, although I am following the threads for a couple of years already. So, it's time to say hello and take part actively in the discussions.
hello jennifer.hart welcome in royal forum hope you will continue posting:flowers::flowers:

Thanks, Mademoiselle Lilo! I will continue and I will definetely watch the series and inform those who have not on how it was and what is new.

I think ZDF became pretty good in the last years with their royal portraits. I loved last year's series "Die Königskinder" on the heirs to the throne, particularly the one on CP Victoria of Sweden. She's so cool! Let's see how the following films will be. But finally they also include the Royal Houses of Jordan, Morocco and Thailand.

sur i will watch the series but i'll depand on you jennifer.hart to translate:lol:
i think it's good idea and more good with series about morocan royal familly and the jordanian,a quit intersting familly with the presence of Lalla Salma and QRania:)

ZDF Series

Dear principessa,

I´m already waiting for the new parts of the ZDF-Series too. Last year I liked most the one about Victoria of Sweden. Hopefully we´ll see lot´s of portraits of her, when she´s going to marry. But when??? Nobody knows.

For this time I´m looking forward to the film about Jordan. I think queen Rania really is the most stylish of the queens worldwide.

Your´s diamanttiara

Thanks, Mademoiselle Lilo! I will continue and I will definetely watch the series and inform those who have not on how it was and what is new.

I think ZDF became pretty good in the last years with their royal portraits. I loved last year's series "Die Königskinder" on the heirs to the throne, particularly the one on CP Victoria of Sweden. She's so cool! Let's see how the following films will be. But finally they also include the Royal Houses of Jordan, Morocco and Thailand.

ZDF has not only created the serie "Majestät" (majesty) and "Königskinder" (kingschildren), it has also created the serie "Paläste der Macht" (Palaces of Power), where three parts told us about the life of the Thai royal house, the sultan house of Brunei, the Jordan royal house, the Aga Khan, the Saudi-Arabian royal house and the royal house of Kuwait.

I hope that the ZDF will keep on creating royal tv-series, f. e. the second part of "Königskinder" with Mathilde and Filip of Belgium, Guillaume of Luxemburg, Alois and Sophie of Liechtenstein, ..., or a tv-serie of former monarchies, with f. e. Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Italy, Portugal, Serbia, Montenegro, Germany, Albania.....

I did not know about "Palaces of Power". How was it like? I hope they are available in the internet. I love the loads of historical footage the series "Majesty" and "Kingschildren" show of the Royal Families and the kids. Were the "Palaces of Power" made in the same way?

Yesterday I saw the fourth part about Harald and Sonja of Norway. I found it very good and interesting.

You can see the video via internet. Here is the link:

ZDF.de - Majestät!

Back
Top Bottom