The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-30-2009, 02:00 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Do those German TVs have better things to do than making series on the royals each year ? If they are so interested at royalty, why don't they restore the monarchy themselves instead of gossiping about the others ?
Good question Well, I don't know, but to me it always seemed, that those series are a kind of entertainment for mostly an older generation of people here. Maybe we are so interested in other monarchies BECAUSE we have no monarchy anymore. But mainly: those series are sometimes nice to watch but IMO they are absolutely no serious journalism. Especially ZDF is very cursorily most of the time. Most of the time I know more than the so called experts in this documentaries... Except Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert, he's a devoted expert

Old 07-30-2009, 04:49 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

First, J. Penafiel was labelled a "royal expert", not a biographer. Second, this programme had nothing to do with bashing or distributing rumours and lies. As I said before, the whole feature was very balanced, and so were Penafiel's statements. His quotes included the well known "worse than Eva Sannum" and "granddaughter of a taxi driver" but he also said that Letizia was doing a good job and that he thought that Felipe became a much more likable person because of her.

The bottom line was that Letizia had to change her personality in order to fit into her role or what Zarzuela defined as her role (title "the tamed princess"), from an outspoken and gutsy woman with lots of nervous energy and great gestures to what we see today, Felipe's shadow - a well documented change in appearance that can hardly be disputed. Unlike Queen Sofia, who was born and raised to be a consort, Letizia had to force herself to adapt since the expected features didn't come naturally or didn't suit her personality. Penafiel did say that Sofia is the perfect Queen but also that - in contrast to the love marriage of her son - her marriage may have been a success for the institution, but not at a personal level; the fact that the marriage of the Kings is kind of an arrangement for the greater good has been well known in public long before Penafiel came up with the topic.

I doubt though that Felipe would have given up the throne for Letizia as stated in the programme, he was raised and groomed to be a King and such a decision would have broken Sofia's heart - Felipe has always been and still is a mama's boy and he would never have done that to her. And what would have been the alternative anyway, become another Duke of Windsor? It's rather plausible that after the Eva Sannum desaster the Kings didn't have any ammunition left, finally agreed to confirm the relationship and got on with the situation.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Good question Well, I don't know, but to me it always seemed, that those series are a kind of entertainment for mostly an older generation of people here. Maybe we are so interested in other monarchies BECAUSE we have no monarchy anymore. But mainly: those series are sometimes nice to watch but IMO they are absolutely no serious journalism. Especially ZDF is very cursorily most of the time. Most of the time I know more than the so called experts in this documentaries... Except Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert, he's a devoted expert

In today's world there are NO big difference between celebrity lifestyle and royal lifestyle. The world changed and the borders became indistinct. No wonder the most royal news show in celebrity TV shows.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree. Its just entertainment today.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Well... of course it's entertainment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
If they are so interested at royalty, why don't they restore the monarchy themselves instead of gossiping about the others?
I don't see your problem.
.... "gossping"...
I don't know.. there wasn't much gossip in that reportage. 60% was about the history of teh Spanish Royal Family. The rest was about Letizia's career and her status as a CP.
Sorry, but I don't find gossip in that reportage.
However... Germans are interested in Royalty-watching. That's why they do this reports.
Well, I won't complain about it.
I like watching these programs and all the live-broadcasts.
... and I hope the comment about restoring the monarchy wasn't meant seriously.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
If they are so interested at royalty, why don't they restore the monarchy themselves instead of gossiping about the others ?
Dear donnaK,

in Germany it is not allowed in Germany to restore the monarchy, because the constitution does not allow that and it is impossible to abolish our constitution to create a new one.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Frankly, the series was a waste of time to watch, imo. Sloppy "journalism" is way too polite of me to say. Overall, I was completely bored and I felt like I was watching a German version of Access Hollywood minus Billy Bush.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
... and I hope the comment about restoring the monarchy wasn't meant seriously.
I was joking, I know Germay will never go down that path. I just found it so bizarre that the German press had so much coverage on royalty including those dramas in the tabloid magazines.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I just found it so bizarre that the German press had so much coverage on royalty including those dramas in the tabloid magazines.
... the 2563 different gossip magazines are really a phenomenon I'll never get... 99,99% of the stuff they write is the result of a writer's wanton imagination.

Well, back to topic:
About whom will the next reportage be?

Old 07-31-2009, 06:18 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
... the 2563 different gossip magazines are really a phenomenon I'll never get... 99,99% of the stuff they write is the result of a writer's wanton imagination.

Well, back to topic:
About whom will the next reportage be?
Wills'n'Kate. Doesn't make any sense but here we go. She's not even a fiancee. Last in series.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Tomorrow the last part will be broadcasted.

Die Königskinder - ZDF.de
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

The video is available:

Die Königskinder: William und Kate
Old 08-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Does anyone know if the video of King of Morroco and Lalla Salma is avaiable?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Does anyone know if the video of King of Morroco and Lalla Salma is avaiable?
Unfortunately it's not there Paty, Morroco was postponed and then shown much later and disconnected from the rest of the series one day in the middle of the night. Seems they forgot to put it into the mediathek, too bad, I didn't manage to watch it.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

it's shame they forgot to put the link,i would loved to see the morocco part.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

The part of Morocco was not a part of Königskinder, it was a part of Majestät!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
The part of Morocco was not a part of Königskinder, it was a part of Majestät!
yes but still, it's the only part that's missing on video
Old 08-27-2009, 04:25 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Königskinder and Majestät aren't the same show?

Old 08-27-2009, 05:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Königskinder and Majestät aren't the same show?
No, they are different. Majestaet focusses on the monarchs, Koenigskinder on the CPs. In total there were four series, two focussing on each topic:
-Majestaet (2006) with features on reigning monarch couples of Spain, Britain, Sweden, Japan and the Dutch.
-Koenigskinder (2007) with features on heirs to the throne featuring CP couples of Spain, Britain, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and the Dutch.
-Update Majestaet (2008) with features on reigning monarch couples of Thailand, Denmark, Belgium, Jordan, Morocco and Norway.
-Update Koenigskinder (2009) with updated features on heirs to the throne featuring CP couples of Spain, Britain, Denmark and Sweden.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Duke. Now I understand why I didn't found the Morrocan video on Koenigskinder. But for what your said I wont found on Majestaet as well. I hope they will update this part soon.

Thanks for the help.