The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The part on Victoria and Daniel is online
Die Königskinder - Victoria und Daniel

Old 06-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I watched the first part of the new "Königskinder" episodes and I quite liked it.
I liked how Victoria's and Daniel's lifes were summed up .
(and I loved the elks "Daniel" and "Victoria" , that was hilarious)
I also liked that the old love stories of the family were mentioned (I absolutely love Bertil's and Lillian's love story).
Brigitta's face looked rather scary to me.
All in all it was a nice docu in a classical ZDF Royal style.

Next week they'll show the story of William and Kate.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:50 AM
Heir Apparent

The "making-of"s of the first and the second part.

First part:
Victoria und Daniel - Das Making-of

Second part:
William und Kate - Das Making-of
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Part 2 (the part of William and Kate) was postponed to 2009-08-25.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are the videos about the parts of the first serie:

Part Victoria and Daniel: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/conte...6?inPopup=true
Part Willem-Alexander and Maxima: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/conte...0?inPopup=true
Part Felipe and Letizia: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/conte...6?inPopup=true
Part Haakon and Mette-Marit: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhal...7981-5,00.html
Part Frederik and Mary: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhal...wm_dsl,00.html
Part William: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhal...8142-5,00.html
Old 07-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Here are the videos about the parts of the first serie:

Part Victoria and Daniel: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/conte...6?inPopup=true
Part Willem-Alexander and Maxima: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/conte...0?inPopup=true
Part Felipe and Letizia: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/conte...6?inPopup=true
Part Haakon and Mette-Marit: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhal...7981-5,00.html
Part Frederik and Mary: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhal...wm_dsl,00.html
Part William: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhal...8142-5,00.html
The links don't work
Old 07-21-2009, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

The interviews about the part of Mary and Frederik.

Die Königskinder - Frederik und Mary
Old 07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

The video of part 02 is online:

Die Königskinder - Frederik und Mary
Old 07-26-2009, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

The part of Victoria and Daniel, which was broadcasted in 2007, will be broadcasted again at 28-07-2009, 03:15 at Phoenix.

PHOENIX - Die Königskinder (1/6)
Old 07-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

The interviews about Letizia and Felipe are online.

Interviews zu Felipe und Letizia
Old 07-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I've seen both parts, Victoria and Mary, so far and I am pleased that it's less sugary than the first time around. Even critical topics, like Daniel's future as consort (what will be his "job" / impact of his illness) or Mary's soft spot for luxury lifestyle or attention were mentioned. Much better than last time when everything was so perfect with a happy ending. Whether there will be a happy ending we'll only see in a few decades.

Today is Letizia's turn, in the german media she has been presented for years as the CP who was shut down by the system (the title of today's feature is "the tamed princess") what left her sad / depressed, thin and struggling with the SRF and personal blows like the suicide of her sister Erika (this image fills the pages of the yellow press, week in week out).

Too bad there won't be features on MM & Haakon or WA & Maxi. Why on earth they chose William and Kate, who are not even a confirmed couple, remains a mystery. The only plausible reason is that german people love Diana and as a consequence they love Diana's son. Anyway, the feature has been postponed, maybe there was fear WillsnKate could have broken up in the meantime.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke of Marmalade, I know another couples who are also matching to the "Königskinder":

Mathilde and Phillippe of Belgium, but the Belgian Royal Family is not so known in Germany like the other main persons of part 01-04.

Sophie and Alois of Liechtenstein, same reasons like the Belgians.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Duke of Marmalade, I know another couples who are also matching to the "Königskinder":

Mathilde and Phillippe of Belgium, but the Belgian Royal Family is not so known in Germany like the other main persons of part 01-04.

Sophie and Alois of Liechtenstein, same reasons like the Belgians.
I agree principessa, the Belgian CP couple is rarely in the media, too "boring" due to the lack of scandals.

There was a feature on the older generation of the BRF because especially Queen Paola and Queen Fabiola are relatively popular or well known in Germany, again for media reasons, Paola has had her share of scandals, rocky marriage and Fabiola is a tragic Saint, married her husband for love but couldn't have children of her own.

I liked the Koenigshaeuser features a lot since not only the Belgians were covered but also Morocco & Jordan what doesn't happen too often.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Letizia

Well, I just saw the Letizia&Felipe reportage.

It was pretty interesting as they also showed lots of historical facts (pretty different to the two previous reportages).

Who was that Spanish writer? That "Juan Carlos biographer"...
Wow... it seems like this man truely hates Letizia.
It was harsh when he called her "the worst possible choice Felipe could make".

All in all it was well done. It showed different facets of Letizia... and, thank God, they didn't mention any "weight problems" once.

Compared to the other reportages this one was graver, anyway.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

The part of Felipe and Letizia as video:

Die Königskinder - Felipe und Letizia
Old 07-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
All in all it was well done.
I agree, I think it was fair, like the other two series before. Not getting lost in clichees but showing the pros and conts. The "sad" image the german press usually supports is as wrong as the "perfect" image other parts of the media are promoting. The truth is probably inbetween and the docu was well balanced. Seems that they learned something after the first series "Königskinder" that was partly pure sugar as if the viewer was completely stupid.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post

José Apezarena says he did not find Letizia the right choice for Queen of Spain

- I would have not chosen Letizia. She really did not have the right qualifications. Her job, her family, her lack of political education.
-No, I would have not chosen her, I wanted someone like Sofia. But it was the Prince who chose her.”

Felipe had decide to marry him, when the King and queen thought of a profile for a daughter in law, than Im sure they did not think of someone like Letizia
-He insisted on marrying Letizia.
-He just introduced her to his parents. The King took the news well, Queen Sofia needed a more time.
This surprised me. I thought the Queen was the one who took the news fine but that the King was the one who had problems with Felipe's choice.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Who was that Spanish writer? That "Juan Carlos biographer"...
Wow... it seems like this man truely hates Letizia.
It was harsh when he called her "the worst possible choice Felipe could make".
He is Jaime Penafiel, what a surprise . He is a yellow press writer, never a biographer of Juan Carlos or Sofia. This German program doesn't even manage to get the very basics right.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
He is Jaime Penafiel, what a surprise . He is a yellow press writer, never a biographer of Juan Carlos or Sofia. This German program doesn't even manage to get the very basics right.
my mistake. I was mixing two people up. In the reportage it says "Royalty Expert".
Sorry.
Already wondered why they would make such a mistake... as it was a serious program.

Btw, it seems like Queen Sofia is a Saint for him. He was praising her to the skies.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
my mistake. I was mixing two people up. In the reportage it says "Royalty Expert".
Sorry.
Already wondered why they would make such a mistake... as it was a serious program.
my mistake. I was mixing two people up. In Btw, it seems like Queen Sofia is a Saint for him. He was praising her to the skies.
He has lost his royal connection long time ago (long before Letizia appeared), more a 'royalty gossiper' than a 'royalty expert'.
He really hates Sofia because of his daughter who had drug problems and died of AIDs. He published a book on the marriage of JC and Sofia and JC's infidelity to 'celebrate' his 70th birthday last year. But since he wanted to criticize Letizia, he would praise Sofia to the sky, that's just his style, going extreme. The old man is like a laughing stock in Spain, no longer gets much publicity since the TV show with him got canned due to the lowest rating. If the German TV wanted pros and cons, they should have interviewed Paloma B, who at least talked better than this old man.
Do those German TVs have better things to do than making series on the royals each year ? If they are so interested at royalty, why don't they restore the monarchy themselves instead of gossiping about the others ?