The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardinha View Post
It was funny when they showed Maxima chatting with some older people (it was in 2006 in New Zealand, if I remember correctly) and introducing herself as "de vrouw van de kroonprins" ("the crown prince's wife") and joking about her pregnancy ("Ik ben een beetje zwanger" - "I'm a bit pregnant"). She's cool!
Yes, that was funny. I'm now a big fan of Maxima . She is very natural and has a beautiful and warm smile.

Here is the video:

ZDFmediathek - Willem-Alexander und Máxima von Holland

Old 07-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

It's great to have the possibility to watch the videos in the Mediathek, because I missed the first one! Thank you, ZDF!

Old 07-25-2007, 01:27 AM
Commoner

At about 30:00 minutes there is the part with the: "Ik ben een beetje zwanger". It's cute, very naturall.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Maxima is just WOW! For me the best possible role model of a modern consort. And I still get goose bumps when I see the part of their wedding when the tango music sets in ... so much emotion. I am sure they will have a very successful future as King & Queen of the Netherlands (or whatever Maxima's title will be )!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Maxima is just WOW! For me the best
possible role model of a modern consort. And I still get goose bumps when I see the part of their wedding when the tango music sets in ... so much emotion. I am sure they will have a very successful future as King & Queen of the Netherlands (or whatever Maxima's title will be )!!!
I have to agree, she really is great. I think photos does not do her justice, they tend to maker her look a bit looney or crazy with some of her poses and gestures and hair all over the place, but when you see her moving and interacting and how everyone around her just responds to her with smile and laughter it is really something else. And of course the Tango is just fantastic and so emoitional when you see them just after at the funeral of Prince Claus. And I also very much like her confidence, all the way from the start at the engagement, and her quick answers.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:36 PM

Thank you so much for this link, I loved watching the video on Maxima. Does anyone no how I can go about purchasing this series as it is not a very good picture on the internet and I can't read German on the website? Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks Nicole
Old 07-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Thanks so much for the link. I've seen the tango portion of the wedding before and like that time I had to get a tissue because I got teary.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am looking forwart to Tuesday and the part about the Norwegian Königskinder.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolef31 View Post
Thank you so much for this link, I loved watching the video on Maxima. Does anyone no how I can go about purchasing this series as it is not a very good picture on the internet and I can't read German on the website? Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks Nicole
You can't purchase, unfortunately, there is a book though, but only in German. It's the same procedure as with "Majestät", the docu about the parent generation.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Courtier

Can anyone tell me what she is saying about her father at the press conference that make them all laugh??
Old 07-30-2007, 02:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina View Post
Can anyone tell me what she is saying about her father at the press conference that make them all laugh??
The press conference after the announcement of the betrothal? They were asked why the hell did the prince got himself in murky waters on saying that his future father-in-law had been cleared of charges in connection with his serving the Junta, when the one who "cleared" Mr. Zorregieta was the leader of the Junta himself. And Maxima said that Willem-Alexander had said that "because he was a tad bit stupid..." Which obviously appealed to the media.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:02 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
The press conference after the announcement of the betrothal? They were asked why the hell did the prince got himself in murky waters on saying that his future father-in-law had been cleared of charges in connection with his serving the Junta, when the one who "cleared" Mr. Zorregieta was the leader of the Junta himself. And Maxima said that Willem-Alexander had said that "because he was a tad bit stupid..." Which obviously appealed to the media.
Maxima has the great ability to win or capture people by her personality and just being open. I am repeating myself, she is the perfect consort / future Queen and such an asset for the Dutch. It's an amazing resemblance to what her father in law, the late Prince Claus, went through. Offended at the beginning, he started to win people the same way, by his personality and showing what he was capable of doing workwise. What a good role model for Maxima. It's such a shame that Claus had to leave this world so early. It makes me sad when I think of what he has already missed by now and what he could have witnessed, Maxima becoming such an asset to the monarchy and giving birth to three adorable graddaughters.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:23 AM
Courtier

Königskinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Maxima has the great ability to win or capture people by her personality and just being open. I am repeating myself, she is the perfect consort / future Queen and such an asset for the Dutch. It's an amazing resemblance to what her father in law, the late Prince Claus, went through. Offended at the beginning, he started to win people the same way, by his personality and showing what he was capable of doing workwise. What a good role model for Maxima. It's such a shame that Claus had to leave this world so early. It makes me sad when I think of what he has already missed by now and what he could have witnessed, Maxima becoming such an asset to the monarchy and giving birth to three adorable graddaughters.

I might be the only one but I´m a bit disappointed by the show; there is nothing really new or unknown in it. It´s always the same pattern: How the Royals met for the first time, how they fought for their love, the wedding, the babies....
I´d be personnally much more interested to see and hear about the Royal´s daily work, engagements and family live from today´s point of view.
I am really sick with this wedding footage stuff. It´s being repeated on german television over and over again, and on top of that, they always show the same scenes.... (and I can watch it anytime I want as I recorded the live coverages on video).
Anyway, of course I will watch tomorrow´s show about my favourite Royal House, the norwegian one, even if I exactly know what will come..........
Old 07-30-2007, 04:57 AM
Courtier

Thank you for the answers :-)
About not seeing anything new, I have newer seen the photoshoot where Queen Beatrix boys are playing football where Constantin shoot the ball right at the photographers. That scene made me laugh quite high
Old 07-30-2007, 05:30 AM
Aristocracy

Would someone kindly say what time exactly this show broadcasts?(german time please) and is it the same for other shows or their time is different?thanks
Old 07-30-2007, 07:00 AM
Aristocracy

German time: 20.15 and as far as I can see it is the same with the other episodes. However you can always check back on their webside ZDF.de - Startseite and look for the TV schedule...

I also think that there was hardly anything new, and nothing whatsoever controversial.
It's the same old story of "problem occurs, is blown up by the media, and beautifully overcome by the beautiful heros..."
I would have prefered a day-to-day documantary about what they are doing now as opposed to the old pix of the wedding and engagement.
But I presume, those documentaries draw a certain faithful audience and are very easy and inexpensive to produce, after all the footage just has to be cut newly (or not even that) and a voice over has to be recorded.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Courtier

I disagree.
This is a docu about the younger royals, it's not meant to be controversial or reveal new details.
It is meant to inform watchers who - unlike people on this board - don't know that much about the younger royals about the curriculum vitae of the cps and where they are standing now.
And I think in WA&Maxima's case they managed it without getting too sugary, like in Victoria's case.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

The part about Haakon and Mette-Marit
http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhal...wm_dsl,00.html
As wartenberg says, Predicatble, esp using Wenche Myhre (a singer) and Jostein Gaarder (author of Sophies World) as "royal Experts" Caugh Caugh. Oh well credit for not using the so overused former bishop of Oslo Gunnar Stålsett this time
Old 08-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post
As wartenberg says, Predicatble, esp using Wenche Myhre (a singer) and Jostein Gaarder (author of Sophies World) as "royal Experts" Caugh Caugh. Oh well credit for not using the so overused former bishop of Oslo Gunnar Stålsett this time
Is that the same Norwegian singer Wenche Myhre who had the hit 'Er Steht im Tor' in Germany in the 60s? At least she can speak German! Its one of the favorite songs on my iPod!
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am looking forward to see the Spanish part today on TV. I hope they will show new pictures of Leonor and Sofia!