"Königskinder" (2007-2009) - ZDF Documentaries on Europe's Heirs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can anyone tell me what she is saying about her father at the press conference that make them all laugh??

The press conference after the announcement of the betrothal? They were asked why the hell did the prince got himself in murky waters on saying that his future father-in-law had been cleared of charges in connection with his serving the Junta, when the one who "cleared" Mr. Zorregieta was the leader of the Junta himself. And Maxima said that Willem-Alexander had said that "because he was a tad bit stupid..." Which obviously appealed to the media.

The press conference after the announcement of the betrothal? They were asked why the hell did the prince got himself in murky waters on saying that his future father-in-law had been cleared of charges in connection with his serving the Junta, when the one who "cleared" Mr. Zorregieta was the leader of the Junta himself. And Maxima said that Willem-Alexander had said that "because he was a tad bit stupid..." Which obviously appealed to the media.

Maxima has the great ability to win or capture people by her personality and just being open. I am repeating myself, she is the perfect consort / future Queen and such an asset for the Dutch. It's an amazing resemblance to what her father in law, the late Prince Claus, went through. Offended at the beginning, he started to win people the same way, by his personality and showing what he was capable of doing workwise. What a good role model for Maxima. It's such a shame that Claus had to leave this world so early. It makes me sad when I think of what he has already missed by now and what he could have witnessed, Maxima becoming such an asset to the monarchy and giving birth to three adorable graddaughters.

Königskinder

Maxima has the great ability to win or capture people by her personality and just being open. I am repeating myself, she is the perfect consort / future Queen and such an asset for the Dutch. It's an amazing resemblance to what her father in law, the late Prince Claus, went through. Offended at the beginning, he started to win people the same way, by his personality and showing what he was capable of doing workwise. What a good role model for Maxima. It's such a shame that Claus had to leave this world so early. It makes me sad when I think of what he has already missed by now and what he could have witnessed, Maxima becoming such an asset to the monarchy and giving birth to three adorable graddaughters.

I might be the only one but I´m a bit disappointed by the show; there is nothing really new or unknown in it. It´s always the same pattern: How the Royals met for the first time, how they fought for their love, the wedding, the babies....:bang:
I´d be personnally much more interested to see and hear about the Royal´s daily work, engagements and family live from today´s point of view.
I am really sick with this wedding footage stuff. It´s being repeated on german television over and over again, and on top of that, they always show the same scenes.... (and I can watch it anytime I want as I recorded the live coverages on video).
Anyway, of course I will watch tomorrow´s show about my favourite Royal House, the norwegian one, even if I exactly know what will come..........

Thank you for the answers :)
About not seeing anything new, I have newer seen the photoshoot where Queen Beatrix boys are playing football where Constantin shoot the ball right at the photographers. That scene made me laugh quite high

Would someone kindly say what time exactly this show broadcasts?(german time please) and is it the same for other shows or their time is different?thanks

German time: 20.15 and as far as I can see it is the same with the other episodes. However you can always check back on their webside ZDF.de - Startseite and look for the TV schedule...

I also think that there was hardly anything new, and nothing whatsoever controversial.
It's the same old story of "problem occurs, is blown up by the media, and beautifully overcome by the beautiful heros..."
I would have prefered a day-to-day documantary about what they are doing now as opposed to the old pix of the wedding and engagement.
But I presume, those documentaries draw a certain faithful audience and are very easy and inexpensive to produce, after all the footage just has to be cut newly (or not even that) and a voice over has to be recorded.

I disagree.
This is a docu about the younger royals, it's not meant to be controversial or reveal new details.
It is meant to inform watchers who - unlike people on this board - don't know that much about the younger royals about the curriculum vitae of the cps and where they are standing now.
And I think in WA&Maxima's case they managed it without getting too sugary, like in Victoria's case.

As wartenberg says, Predicatble, esp using Wenche Myhre (a singer) and Jostein Gaarder (author of Sophies World) as "royal Experts" Caugh Caugh:cool:. Oh well credit for not using the so overused former bishop of Oslo Gunnar Stålsett this time

Is that the same Norwegian singer Wenche Myhre who had the hit 'Er Steht im Tor' in Germany in the 60s? At least she can speak German! Its one of the favorite songs on my iPod!

I am looking forward to see the Spanish part today on TV. I hope they will show new pictures of Leonor and Sofia!

Today I had written an e-mail to ZDF why they don't show a part of the Belgium Königskinder. Now I have got the answer: In another royal TV serie the Belgium monarchy will be part of.

I didn't see the spanish one. Can someone pass me a link ?

Thank you Paty :)

So, tomorrow is the Mary/Frederik one. Exciting. :flowers:

I´m exciting too for see the docu about the Danish copule:rolleyes:, but it´s a pity..I don´t understand a word!:bang:

Principessa explained why there won't be:

Today I had written an e-mail to ZDF why they don't show a part of the Belgium Königskinder. Now I have got the answer: In another royal TV serie the Belgium monarchy will be part of.

ZDF Docu - "Die Königskinder" Part 5...

I was excessively disappointed over the report over Crownprince Frederik and Crownprincess Mary. The other reports were so critical and objective, but this report was just: sweet and like a fairytale. No critically notes, no opponent of the monarchy took place in the report (like in the other reports over Mette-Marit, Letizia or Maxima...).

Right!

I was excessively disappointed over the report over Crownprince Frederik and Crownprincess Mary. The other reports were so critical and objective, but this report was just: sweet and like a fairytale. No critically notes, no opponent of the monarchy took place in the report (like in the other reports over Mette-Marit, Letizia or Maxima...).

I've watched also the Docu about Mary and Fred! It was with a lot of false informations, for example how they met, about her work before her marriage. If the editors have visited this site, or the inofficial Site of Crownprincess Mary, they would have made a better report about them.

And you are absolutely right Royal Darkness:): there was no critics about the monarchy!

Regards,
Princess of Oz

I

I haven't watched the programme - but Mary's entrance into the DRF was a lot less controversial (except for certain royalty boards, of course,) than Maxima's into the Dutch (her father), Mette-Marit's into the Norwegian (unwed mother with some doubtful friends) and Letizia's into the Spanish (divorced). Maybe that's why the lack of opponents?

I have seen te documentary as well. All angels and fairies and violins and sunshine and lalalala.

My tooth did hurt because of the thick layer of sugarcake fondant which was put over the Danish Crown Princely couple. Even the most ardent royalty lovers would have need their patience to see through the tralala of Frederik & Mary walking hand in hand alongside the beach. And oh, how regal and gentle Mary acted when her hat was blown off her head by the wind. And ooooh isn't he sweeeeeeeet? That little Prince. Yes, Danmark is facing a bright future with this couple which loves each other so dearly. And oh, what a great father Crown Prince Frederik is.... oh, how good he handles his adorable children....

(Larded with background Music For Millions....)

:notworthy: to ZDF for making the new Sissi

I thought you like to swoon over royal babies and sugary royal tales Henri - or is that only when one particular royal house is involved? :rolleyes: :lol:

Can someone please summarize all the videos in english. thank you

In the report about Maxima and Willem-Alexander an opponent of the monarchy said, that not Maxima and Willem-Alexander are social. They are social because a team of PR-persons decided that they must be social. I think it was good, that also opponents came to word. That they also show the controversy which exists in the Netherlands (the controversy between opponents and royalists).

In the report about Frederik and Mary they pointed out, that SHE self decided to be "social" and that SHE do so much for the integration of foreigners, and so on...

Shall I believe something like that. I don't think so.
I mean, I agree: SHE decided to be a patron of an organisation, but I think that also Maxima did this. There are no differences between them.

And as I already said: the rest of the report was only sugar, sweet and cotton candy.

I haven't watched the programme - but Mary's entrance into the DRF was a lot less controversial (except for certain royalty boards, of course,) than Maxima's into the Dutch (her father), Mette-Marit's into the Norwegian (unwed mother with some doubtful friends) and Letizia's into the Spanish (divorced). Maybe that's why the lack of opponents?

Maybe... But in the German newspapers you read only (okay, nearly only) about Crownprincess Mary's expenditures for fashion and about Crownprince Frederik's passion for sailing. The German newspapers quote in this case mostly Danish newspapers (often Ekstra Bladet). So - I think - there are opponents of the monarchy and of Frederik and Mary even in Danmark.

Hi, Royal Darkness can you give us a summerize of Felipe and Letizia Docu?

The ZDF is a public service German television channel and is an independent non-profit broadcaster. ZDF is funded through a television licence and advertising and is broadcast throughout Germany. It's still considered quality television in Germany.

Prof. Dr. Guido Knopp (responsible for the Programm) is the leader of the ZDF part contemporary history and events of the day. He was the editor of the FAZ and head of the oversea part of the Welt am Sonntag (two of the three most prestigious newspapers in Germany). For the ZDF he is responsible for some docus about the NAZI-time. Königskinder was just something to recover and to have a bit fun with.

Obviously he and his team are of the opinion CP Frederik is a very lucky man that he was able to find such a classy lady from down under. I doubt that he and his team think that she is perfect though obviously they thought it's useless to repeat the most silly accusations published in some danish tabloids and repeated by the even more ridiculous and untrustworthy german tabloids (as a German myself I should know about what I'm blabbing). I don't want to say anything about some message boards. Time will tell if Mary is just a short time royal star or if she is something of real substance. Obviously the responsible people for the Königskinder docu aren't the only one to rate Mary quite high. There is a book from a swedish writer with the title "Profession Princess" (more or less) in swedish. She wrote about 14 european princesses, guess who is on top of her list.

If you feel the urgent need to listen to something not so flattering about the danish CP couple, there are also some little interviews at the ZDF website. Among of the interview partner for the danish part is Henrik Overtrup. He is the editor of S&H. This is the tabloid with the most negative articles about the CP couple. Usual when Ekstrabladet (a republican tabloid) writes something negative S&H tries to top it some time later.

ZDF.de - Die Königskinder

choose at the right site
Mediathek Die besten Interviews zu den Königshäusern
then Interviews zu Frederik und Mary
the ckick an start (the little white arrow in the yellow field)
You have to cklick on every question after a short time a little video will start.

Don't be disappointed! Quite at the end when they ask Overtrup if Mary is a luck for the DRF, he said he thinks that CP Mary is one of the very big successes of the DRF. A bit later he also admits they couldn't find something really bad in Marys past and that's a good thing, Mary so he said is in many ways a good choice. And don't listen to Mimi Jakobsen (who thinks that one day Frederik will make a fantastic king) and Malene Birger.

Like it or not it's your problem not Marys or Frederiks.

Despite the commentars laundry list of credentials the program itself was terrible. I was highly disappointed. Sloppy research and writing is putting it mildly. I would have liked to have learned something new, interesting, etc about the couple. Sadly, I didn't.Unfortunately, the program felt more like an informercial rather then an slightly objective and honest documentary about the Danish Crown Prince couple.

I thought you like to swoon over royal babies and sugary royal tales Henri - or is that only when one particular royal house is involved? :rolleyes: :lol:

Oh God no, please keep babies far away from me.... those little monsters!
:eek: ;)

I'm a royalist indeed, but I'm standing with both feet on the ground. Where ZDF walked the middle lane in the cases of Willem-Alexander & Máxima and of Haakon & Mette-Marit, they left all objectivity at home in the case of Frederik & Mary.

But this will most likely have a reason: in the case of Máxima a lot of attention was given to the heathened period before the marriage (Zorreguieta & his period during the Junta) and to the special place the Netherlands monarchy has in politics, government and administration and how difficult -but well prepared- it will be for the Prince of Orange to follow in the footsteps of his perfectionistic and demanding mother. This strong influence also was reason to give a voice to the republicans (which is not the same as anti-Orangists by the way) to be critical on this constellation in the Netherlands. This was the leitmotiv of the documentary, titled Tulips and Tango.

The Norwegian situation was also more than enough to fill a documentary. The unseen fact that an unwed mother could marry the future King was like a Cinderella in real. It was beyond belief but is now reality. Also in the Norwagian case it was too much the Cinderella tralala, by the way. But it did not use so much sugarcake fondant. The tone remained neutral.

In the Danish situation ZDF had not so much to tell except irrelevancies. The Queen is effectively almost totally a-political and there is not much to tell about the Crown Prince. Just something about his love for sports and the rest became more or less a sort of love story because there was not so much more than the two walking, the two on their wedding day, the two after the birth of the children. The lightness of their existence was almost unbearable (larded with Music for Millions).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom