"Victoria" (2016-Present) - ITV Drama Series on Queen Victoria

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
who will play Queen Victoria?

I watched The Young Victoria starring Emily Blunt, she was amazing in that movie. really look forward for the drama

My favorite, so far, was Victoria & Albert with Victoria Hamilton, Jonathan Firth, David Suchet and Diana Rigg. I will really look forward to this version.

who will play Queen Victoria?

I watched The Young Victoria starring Emily Blunt, she was amazing in that movie. really look forward for the drama

No details yet but I'm sure we'll know soon with production due to start in the autumn.

Replacing DA won't be easy. Who can compete with 'Aunt Violet'? So I hope that they will succeed and give the new show an interesting new angle. I'm quite looking forward to it.

My favorite, so far, was Victoria & Albert with Victoria Hamilton, Jonathan Firth, David Suchet and Diana Rigg. I will really look forward to this version.

The Young Victoria, Mrs. Brown and Victoria & Albert were my favorites. Victoria Hamilton did an amazing job as Victoria in Victoria & Albert. I'm surprised it's hard to find on YouTube.

Emily Blunt has always been my favourite Victoria. She perfectly captured my idea of her. I would absolutely love if she returned for this series but I'm sure she's too big of a star for that now.

But yes, it's going to be very difficult for it to succeed Downton Abbey.

I absolutely love royal drams but I guess I will be expecting too much from a series regarding the great queen Victoria... it is inevitable!

Replacing DA won't be easy. Who can compete with 'Aunt Violet'? So I hope that they will succeed and give the new show an interesting new angle. I'm quite looking forward to it.

I'm really looking forward to this new drama and I'm glad they have announced it now so that we have something to look forward to after Downton!

I think the key thing will be have a good mix of newish actors and some really well known ones, household names - surely there must be a place for Dame Maggie Smith!

This sound really, really good.

Victorian Age is actually one of my favourite History parts, so I sure will be looking foward to it.

Emily Blunt did a great Victoria (she was also quite perfect physically). Very intrigued to see who they cast now...

If only they could find the perfect actress who stands 4'11" tall... Her small size made many people underestimate her early in her reign - to their chagrin. :D

Last edited:
How boring. Jenna is not suited to the role IMO. ITV going for popularity over substance.

Oh dear... let hire Cressida or Chelsy for the role ass well then! LOL

I was surprised at the choice of Jenna Coleman,I think she used to be in the English rural soap Emmerdale many years ago.

I have no idea who she is but seeing the appearance at least I find it good enough for the role. Why you consider she is not suited to the role?

I couldn't imagine Colin Firth playing George VI either, until I saw "The King's Speech.":flowers:

Bring in some new talent for the drama!

I just wish they could find an actress who 1) can do the part justice and 2) is only 4'11" tall. I think a lot of QV's personality may have been shaped by her diminutive stature!

I just wish they could find an actress who 1) can do the part justice and 2) is only 4'11" tall. I think a lot of QV's personality may have been shaped by her diminutive stature!

Yeah, I think they can find a unknown actress to fit the role of Queen Victoria.

I don't understand the hate for Jenna Coleman. She is on Dr Who so she has name recognition. She 5'2" so it not like she is 6'.

What TV network would spend millions on a TV show and cast a complete unknown as its lead? Here in the U.S., when they put unknown kids in roles in family shows and adults are known actors.

The people producing it are the same people that did Poldark. I liked Poldark very much. Maybe PBS will pick up the Victoria series for airing in the States.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I absolutely love royal drams but I guess I will be expecting too much from a series regarding the great queen Victoria... it is inevitable!
Well, that was rude. She was an actor (with the co-lead role in Doctor Who!) way before she was photographed ONE TIME with Harry! It could hardly be seen as riding his coattails!

Hm, I will sound like a party pooper now, but another portrayal of Victoria? Queen Mary Teck and her family would be interesting for example.

Well, that was rude. She was an actor (with the co-lead role in Doctor Who!) way before she was photographed ONE TIME with Harry! It could hardly be seen as riding his coattails!

Sorry! I meant that it is a strange coincidence that a supposed "date" or anyway, a female acquaintance of Prince Harry is going to play the role of a royal, so connected to Harry! It's funny:lol: That's all...

Queen Mary had such an interesting life. I would love a biopic about her. I'm reading her mother's memoirs now.

Queen Mary had such an interesting life. I would love a biopic about her. I'm reading her mother's memoirs now.

Yup, you could have as first episode her family being disgraced by debts, as second episode Florence, then her engagement to AV + his death, then George + wedding/family, becoming Queen and the last one about Edward VIII. Her life has everything for a good series. Hello Mr Fellowes, if you read this, consider it ;)

As to Coleman, I don't see why she shouldn't be suited in this role? Maybe we will be surprised in a pleasant way :)

Coleman probably would be great for the role.

I just happen to think there are fresh new talent out there that would love the opportunity to debut in this new drama about Queen Victoria. It's easy to just cast a great deal of well known and well established actors for projects like this.

I wonder when production will start on this series?

Starts filming in Oct. They can cast unknown people in the smaller supporting roles but more established people in the bigger roles. If it was a total unknown, you would get just the hard core Royal buff with Coleman you might get a the person who knows her from Dr Who to tune it. Plus there is selling the show overseas.

Most actors start in small roles and get some notice for a supporting role which can lead to a bigger role in a future film. Emily Blunt got noticed in The Devils Wears Prada and then followed it up with Young Victoria and other lead roles.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I haven't seen Jenna in" Dr. Who" as I'm probably one of a rare breed who doesn't watch "Dr. Who". :D

However, I remember her well from "Emmerdale" . She was very good and garnered a number of acting award nominations for that early role.

I loved her in the wonderful mini-series "Dancing on the Edge".

She also made, for me, a totally beguiling Lydia Wickham in "Death Comes to Pemberley".

I love the idea of her playing the young Victoria. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom