"Victoria" (2016-Present) - ITV Drama Series on Queen Victoria

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m always wondering why the episodes always taking place at Buckingham Palace? Very little at Windsor or Osborne.

Anyone know where I can watch the episodes from the US at all? I've had a snoot around and can't find anything.

Anyone know where I can watch the episodes from the US at all? I've had a snoot around and can't find anything.

If you have Amazon Prime it looks as though it's either available or will be available there. You have to buy episodes from iTunes and Google Play. That's all I'm seeing so far.

I’m always wondering why the episodes always taking place at Buckingham Palace? Very little at Windsor or Osborne.

The last episode I saw took place at Osborne.

(Lord Palmerston's opinion made me laugh!) ;)

We might get to view on ITV before Easter,the US is half way through Season 3.

Amazon Prime is the only place I’ve been able to find it. I believe it’s still available for purchase if you don’t have Prime.

Half way through Season 3 and there are several characters missing most notably Victoria's mother who has so far not been mentioned as to here whereabouts.

:previous: I was thinking the same thing. Victoria's mother was prominent in the earlier series though in this series we are yet to see her portrayal. We're meant to be in the early 1850s now so Victoria's mother would still be alive, as she died in 1861.

So far the season the following main characters have no been mention nor made a screen appearance.

The Dowager Duchess of Kent
The Duchess of Sutherland (who was the queens Mistress of the Robes since her accession)
Prince Ernest of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
the Duchess of Buccleuch

I still find it interesting that ITV chose to turn Princess Feodora's character around completely as we know that she and Queen Victoria were actually very close in real life and Princess Louise even had Feodore as one of her middle names after her aunt. I guess they needed to add more spice for viewers, though!

Yes that was puzzling along with the totally fictional Duke and Duchess of Monmouth and absence of the principal characters of Victoria's mother,Alberts brother and the duchess of Buccleuch from series 3 and no mention of them either.

Yes that was puzzling along with the totally fictional Duke and Duchess of Monmouth and absence of the principal characters of Victoria's mother,Alberts brother and the duchess of Buccleuch from series 3 and no mention of them either.

Indeed - I guess this period wasn't interesting enough for ITV hence the inclusion of the fictional Duchess of Monmouth and her husband. I was reading an article which stated that the Duchess's character is loosely based on that of Caroline Norton, who campaigned to introduce the first child custody and female property acts in the early Victorian period (she was rumoured to have had an affair with Lord Melbourne and Caroline's then former husband took Melbourne to court).

Yes the infamous Melbourne scandal it was also omitted from this series!

We've just had the Great Exhibition, so it's 1851. It's very weird how they've completely missed out Victoria's mother, especially as they've made up this story about Feodora turning up in London. The portrayal of the Chartists was inaccurate as well, and Lord Palmerston's years younger than he actually was!

Back
Top Bottom