"Isabel" (2012) - Spanish TV series about Isabella of Castile

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ANNIE_S

Heir Apparent
City
-
Country
Spain
I must say I hadn´t very high expectatives about this series when TVE first started to announce it, but it has surprised me a lot. (Thank goodness, Spanish TV is able to product some decent fictions).

It´s amazingly accurate from a historical point of view, with some licenses, of course, and very handsome actors who don´t look like the real characters at all (not neccesary, plus we can enjoy more while watching it :D). It just shows that reality is sometimes more incredible than fiction.
It had been called the Spanish version of "The Tudors", but I think is much more reliable historically speaking. I just wish that the sceneary wouldn´t be so obviously fake (what a shame, with all the amazing castles we have :sad:)

The series are being a big success in Spain, we have seen eight episodes by now, and the wedding of Isabel and Fernando is very much expected (next Monday).

The series tell the story of Isabel, princess of Castile and future Queen, from her childhood to her coronation after her half-brother death. (For more information about the queen, see the always useful Wikipedia ;): Isabella I of Castile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trailer (in English):
Isabel (2012) TV serie English trailer - YouTube

And the eight chapters and many others videos and promos on TVE website (sadly, everything is in Spanish):
Isabel online - RTVE.es A la Carta

Last edited:
Thanks for posting,Isabella is one of my favourite historical royals!

Isabella is probably one of the most important Spanish historical royals. :)

Does anyone know if this will ever air in the UK?

Last edited:
Isabella is probably one of the most important Spanish historical royals. :)

Does anyone know if this will ever air in the UK?

Not sure if it will but I'm hoping there will be a dvd release!

I recently finished reading the history of her life. No doubt from my Avatar one can see how prejudiced I am in her favor. She was such an incredible woman, dedicated Catholic and wife and one of the greatest queens of Europe who ever lived! I certainly want to buy the DVD as soon as it comes out.

A bit off topic, I´ve found the soundtrack and it has made my day :ROFLMAO: I love it, it´s so evocative :rolleyes:
I would be so very grateful if you could tell me how I might order the sound track in the U.S. I'm going to check Amazon too but whatever you may know, please share. Thank you!
[O, (and, please forgive me, this is more off track) did you notice the ad for "Liz & Dick". I was stunned to see that Lindsay Lohan was playing the lead role, though I must say with the make up and such she at least looks tolerable in it.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a search on Amazon UK but sadly found nothing as of yet,perhaps it will be released in new year!

Well, bad news and good news about "Isabel".
Bad news, cause the first season is finishing next Monday (big Ohhhh), with Isabel´s coronation.
Good news is that it seems that we´ll finally have a second season (big Yayyy!! here :D). There were some problems due to TVE economical cuts, but its success has been so great that they have sign an agreement with the productors for a second part.
Second part will tell the war between Isabel and her niece Juana for Castile´s throne, the conquest of the Islamic Kingdom of Granada, and the first steps of Cristopher Columbus´trip. Sadly, we´ll have to wait about a year to see it, since they´ll start the recording on January.

Anyway, this is the promo of the Coronation´s chapter for next Monday, good-bye to Isabel for now!
Isabel , Capítulo 13, Isabel - Cortinilla de la Coronación #IsabelReina - RTVE.es A la Carta

Last edited:
Well, bad news and good news about "Isabel".
Bad news, cause the first season is finishing next Monday (big Ohhhh), with Isabel´s coronation.
Good news is that it seems that we´ll finally have a second season (big Yayyy!! here :D). There were some problems due to TVE economical cuts, but its success has been so great that they have sign an agreement with the productors for a second part.
Second part will tell the war between Isabel and her niece Juana for Castile´s throne, the conquest of the Islamic Kingdom of Granada, and the first steps of Cristopher Columbus´trip. Sadly, we´ll have to wait about a year to see it, since they´ll start the recording on January.

Anyway, this is the promo of the Coronation´s chapter for next Monday, good-bye to Isabel for now!
Isabel , Capítulo 13, Isabel - Cortinilla de la Coronación #IsabelReina - RTVE.es A la Carta

We might get to see it up here by 2020 then :D

I have good news for you all.
Today, after the final chapter, it had been an advertisement about the DVD of the first season. As I thought, they have waited until the end of the season to release it. I haven´t search it yet, but I´m sure it will be avaiable at El Corte Ingles web (among others);)
Not very sure if it will have English subtitles´option, though.

PD: The last chapter has been just awesome, those screenwriters deserve an Emmy...I´m so angry that they aren´t going to work in the next season! :cry::cry::angry::bang:

I have good news for you all.
Today, after the final chapter, it had been an advertisement about the DVD of the first season. As I thought, they have waited until the end of the season to release it. I haven´t search it yet, but I´m sure it will be avaiable at El Corte Ingles web (among others);)
Not very sure if it will have English subtitles´option, though.

PD: The last chapter has been just awesome, those screenwriters deserve an Emmy...I´m so angry that they aren´t going to work in the next season! :cry::cry::angry::bang:

Nothing on Amazon yet, but maybe over the next few weeks!

Thanks ANNIE_S,love the new avatar!

Wow that was quick,I'm sure it will be available on Amazon UK shortly with English subtitles.

Lucky you,thanks for sharing your photo's,still waiting for its release up here :D

Last edited by a moderator:
ISABEL is finalist to the New York Festival Awards, category DRAMA (see SPAIN below)
New York Festivals Awards - International TV Programs and Films

And the series´ soundtrack have been included in the Top 10 Scores of 2012 by Cinematic Sound Radio (in 9th position):
THE BEST SCORES OF 2012 | Cinematic Sound Radio | The Home For Film, TV and Video Game Music Radio Since 1996

This last link is great because it contains the full soundtrack, which is nice since it doesn´t seem to be an album release avaiable yet ;)

Last edited:
For all those who asked me about where the show could be found with English subtitles, I´ve found this American web which seems to have the whole first season with subtitles. Sadly, it seems it can´t be seen outside the States :sad:, so I can´t see it.

But maybe Rachel Marie can:
Isabel - Watch Full Episodes Free on DramaFever

Still no sign of it being released on amazon,I just did another check.

Back
Top Bottom