The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Still no news of it airing on Sky :(
I need a fix for the cold winter evenings ahead.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Still no news of it airing on Sky :(
I need a fix for the cold winter evenings ahead.
Yes I have been checking on a weekly basis to see if Sky Arts have any news on series 2 but sadly nothing. Ah well may get the dvd box set for Christmas viewing!

Old 12-01-2014, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Tonight TVE is releasing the final episode. I have already watched it: last wednesday the producers organized a premiere for fans at a cinema in Madrid, coinciding with the 510 anniversary of Queen Isabel's death. It was great as always and I even could talk to some of the cast members that I especially liked in the series such as the actors that play Kings Charles VIII and Louis XII of France, Anne of Brittany, Princess Isabel or Catherine of Aragon

Michelle Jenner de Dolores Promesas para el preestreno del último capítulo de Isabel | Galería de fotos | Mujerhoy.com

Anyway I will watch it again, together with the special they're going to air afterwards with the making of and interviews to the director, writers and cast.

And there is confirmed already a spin-off series for TVE by the same producers that will start its shooting on February. The new series will be telling the life of Emperor/King Charles V, Isabella's grandson, and they're planning to do three seasons as well. Little more is known, not even about the cast, although it is romoured (and someone quite close to the producers team told me is almost sure) that Charles will be played by the young actor Alvaro Cervantes who, following Isabel's path, looks nothing like the real model

http://laguiatv.abc.es/Media/201409/...o--644x362.jpg
http://coleccionbbva.com/media/image..._ancho/461.jpg

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 12-01-2014, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

If the spin off is half as good as Isabel then TVE could be onto a winner as Charles V life and reign is one of my favourite historical era's!
Old 01-03-2015, 10:56 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
I've been watching this show from time to time on July, and am really impatient to get series 3!

It's been really interesting to see the different visions for Spain's future being played out. It seems that Carrillo and Paccheco wanted to use Enrique, Isabel and Fernando as puppets while they pulled the strings behind the scenes. I really don't know who I despise more between those two.
Genealogist: shrinking the world one person at a time.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

TVE prepares the movie "La Corona partida" (The divided Crown) that will continue "Isabel", starring Irene Escolar and Rodolfo Sancho who will repeat their roles as Juana of Castile and Ferdinand of Aragon, respectively.

The cast features some other actors from Isabel as Raul Mérida as Philippe the Handsome and Eusebio Poncela as Cardinal Cisneros.

The movie starts on DEcember 26, 1504 with Juana's proclamation as Queen of Castile after her mother's, Queen Isabel's death.
Quote:
The story starts on December 26, 1504. After Isabella died, his daughter Juana is proclaimed Queen of Castile, but his father Fernando continued to serve the Government of the Kingdom. The film, which will focus particularly on the relationship between Fernando and Juana, also have the intrigues of Philip the Fair to seize power, which resulted in the signing, first, of Concord of Salamanca, where the government was established sharing Felipe, Juana and Fernando; and then in the Treaty of Villafáfila, by which Philip was proclaimed King of Castile and Ferdinand retired to Aragon. The strange death of legendary Felipe, coupled with the growing madness of Juana, take Fernando to shut his daughter and occupy the regency until his death in 1516 will be reflected in the film.
TVE prepara la pel?cula ?La corona partida?, que contin?a la historia de ?Isabel? - ABC.es
https://translate.google.es/translat...-text=&act=url

Old 04-16-2015, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Exciting news Annie,any idea when shooting begins?
Old 04-17-2015, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Exciting news Annie,any idea when shooting begins?
Seems like next month.
And it looks like it will be a real cinema movie, not a TV movie.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

First promo pics from the movie "La Corona Partida":
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...72552545_o.jpg

Emperor Maximilian: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...37792653_o.jpg

Ferdinand of Aragon with his second wife, Germaine of Foix: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...86974027_o.jpg

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...96498177_o.jpg
http://36.media.tumblr.com/ec17a01d6...t7go1_1280.jpg

Old 09-06-2015, 01:05 AM
Nobility

Season 3 is finally available with English subtitles on Dramafever. I've been slowly watching the final season over the past 3 weekends and it's just as good as the first two seasons.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:10 AM
Gentry

I've been watching it too. Loving it so far but those are ads are driving me crazy!
Old 09-06-2015, 11:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wonder if they will show all the mistresses and affairs that Fernanado II had? I descend from Fernanado II and one of his mistress, they had a daughter!
It would be interested to see that! And all his illegitimate kids had a noble title!
Old 09-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Wonder if they will show all the mistresses and affairs that Fernanado II had? I descend from Fernanado II and one of his mistress, they had a daughter!
It would be interested to see that! And all his illegitimate kids had a noble title!
I believe so far we've only seen one mistress from before his marriage.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londena View Post
I believe so far we've only seen one mistress from before his marriage.
He had I believe 5 illegitemed kids! with different mistresses
Old 01-15-2016, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

"La Corona partida", the movie about Queen Joanna I that follows "Isabel" will be released in Spain on February 19th.

The official poster: http://img.rtve.es/imagenes/cartel-c...2858062199.jpg

El cartel de cine de 'La Corona Partida': la película de Juana 'La Loca' - RTVE.es

Old 02-21-2016, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm half way through Series 2 of Isabel and Infanta Beatrice, Duchess of Viseu has arrived.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Royal Highness

La Corona Partida
La corona partida - Clip exclusivo, La corona partida - RTVE.es A la Carta