The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-02-2013, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

We must be near the end of series 1 now on Sky Arts,the more this series goes on the least sympathy I have for Enrique IV .My opinions on his queen,Joan of Portugal have now changed,I feel very sorry for her situation!

Old 12-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Royal Highness

I will so miss this series when it ends - which must be about Christmas time. I think we may have to wait quite a while for the second season - that's if Sky Arts decide to go with it. I thought the last episode was quite moving and agree that Enrique appears to be showing a much more vindictive side to his character and more "hands on " with defending his throne and lineage - a very dangerous maverick. I thought the tender episodes between Isabel and Ferdinand were done well without becoming too sentimental. Again the series makes me want to read wider and find out how genuine is the emotion which the two shared or was it just political expediency to make the marriage work.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Enrique IV is full on machiavellian of late,his intrigues would make Catherine de Médicis quiver!!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hola : Success at the end of the second season of 'Isabel'

Éxito en el final*de la segunda*temporada de 'Isabel' | Noticias hola.com
Old 12-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
From Hola : Success at the end of the second season of 'Isabel'

Éxito en el final*de la segunda*temporada de 'Isabel' | Noticias hola.com
Well, I was there, and it was great
We could greet and photograph the actors and actresses, who were very nice with us. Then the director greeted us and presented the season finale.

It was amazing to see the episode at the cinema for once, though I found a little bit annoying the constant applause from the public during the most memorable scenes because sometimes I missed part of the text...but since I can watch it again on the website, it isn´t a big deal.

The episode was excellent, one of the best from both seasons, IMO (no spoilers, don´t worry), and at the end, we could watch a trailer from the third (and last) season, which is currently being filmed. And here I´ll only tell that the show becomes more "international" than ever, with Columbus´arrival to the New World, the marriages of Isabella´s children, and the Naples´wars (Charles VIII of France and Anne of Bretagne, the Habsbourg, the Tudors with Catherine´s marriage and, yes, also the Borgias, both Alexander VI and Cesare, made an appearance on the trailer).

And after all that the director, the screenwriter and some of the cast members came to the stage to talk about the season and answer questions from the public. They were Michelle Jenner (Isabel), Rodolfo Sancho (Ferdinand), Jordi Diaz (Andrés Cabrera) and members from season 2 cast: Alicia Borrachero, Alex Martinez and Roberto Enriquez.

All in all, I had a great time and enjoyed the details about the series we could learn. It was a beautiful experiece

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 12-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for this - it sounds a wonderful occasion. The information about a third season was really interesting and pleasing to hear about the wide scope of events it will cover. Also good to hear that many of the major actors are staying for another series. I'm keeping everything crossed for a chance to see it all sometime in the future. (I wonder if there were representatives from Sky Arts at the event?!)
Old 12-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
We could greet and photograph the actors and actresses, who were very nice with us. Then the director greeted us and presented the season finale.

It was amazing to see the episode at the cinema for once, though I found a little bit annoying the constant applause from the public during the most memorable scenes because sometimes I missed part of the text...but since I can watch it again on the website, it isn´t a big deal.

The episode was excellent, one of the best from both seasons, IMO (no spoilers, don´t worry), and at the end, we could watch a trailer from the third (and last) season, which is currently being filmed. And here I´ll only tell that the show becomes more "international" than ever, with Columbus´arrival to the New World, the marriages of Isabella´s children, and the Naples´wars (Charles VIII of France and Anne of Bretagne, the Habsbourg, the Tudors with Catherine´s marriage and, yes, also the Borgias, both Alexander VI and Cesare, made an appearance on the trailer).

And after all that the director, the screenwriter and some of the cast members came to the stage to talk about the season and answer questions from the public. They were Michelle Jenner (Isabel), Rodolfo Sancho (Ferdinand), Jordi Diaz (Andrés Cabrera) and members from season 2 cast: Alicia Borrachero, Alex Martinez and Roberto Enriquez.

All in all, I had a great time and enjoyed the details about the series we could learn. It was a beautiful experiece
Glad you enjoyed it Annie and I bet your looking forward to series 3
Old 12-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:

I'm really delighted that you had a great time. How wonderful to be able to meet and greet so many of the cast.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed it Annie and I bet your looking forward to series 3
Sure I am, but I´m afraid we won´t see it until next September

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 12-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Andrés Cabrera & his wife Beatriz are fast becoming two of my favourite characters in this series.

Only 2 episodes left now!!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

In series 3 we´ll see at last a blonde young Katherine of Aragon

Natalia Rodriguez
http://teleprograma.fotogramas.es/va...ampliacion.jpg

Old 12-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
In series 3 we´ll see at last a blonde young Katherine of Aragon

Natalia Rodriguez
http://teleprograma.fotogramas.es/va...ampliacion.jpg
The Irish Maria Doyle Kennedy last portrayed Katherine in the Tudors ,looking forward to seeing her being played by a Spanish actress this time round!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Irish Maria Doyle Kennedy last portrayed Katherine in the Tudors ,looking forward to seeing her being played by a Spanish actress this time round!
She did an amazing portrayal, one of the best on The Tudors, IMO.

She looked nothing like the real Katherine, though...

Old 12-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
She did an amazing portrayal, one of the best on The Tudors, IMO.

She looked nothing like the real Katherine, though...
MKD was possibly the only good thing about that series,but I agree she looked nothing like Katherine of Aragon

The big screen seems to favour Katherine with dark hair!!
Old 12-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Last episode of Series 1 airs here this Friday night,looking forward to seeing the Marquis of Villena getting his comeuppances!!
Old 12-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Royal Highness

I really enjoyed the final episode - and again it leaves me wanting to know more. How close were the deaths of Enrique and Pacheco, was there suspicious circumstances surrounding either of their deaths? This is just what historical dramas should do - make you want to find out more for yourself. I shall certainly be looking out for some biographies and historical fiction concerning some of these characters. I am going to miss this series.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Marquis de Villena died on October 1st, 1474 and Enrique on the 11th of December 1474.

Pacheco's son,Don Diego is one to watch out for I think
Old 12-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the information - their deaths were close then and fittingly so given their childhood friendship and years of "ducking and diving " together. I agree about the son.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm looking forward to viewing Series 2 already,Sky Arts made no mention of its return but I'm hopeful!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:50 PM

Wanted to say thank you to posting about this show. I've caught up on Season 1 and I'm now on episode 3 of Season 2. I did find the series online :)