The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

One thing that annoys me from "Isabel" (and I don´t want to make a "spoiler" here) is the way Juan II is despicted, as a kind old man, when we know he was a true villain.

Thankfully, they are changing that image in the second part, because it was

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 10-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
One thing that annoys me from "Isabel" (and I don´t want to make a "spoiler" here) is the way Juan II is despicted, as a kind old man, when we know he was a true villain.

Thankfully, they are changing that image in the second part, because it was
I've yet to see him but I'll let you know my thoughts on him

Old 10-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

So we got to meet Alfonso V of Portugal,still not liking the character of his sister,Queen Joan.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked her since the first chapter I always like mean girls
And ended loving her character. I think the actress who plays Joan (Bárbara Lennie) is absolutely fantastic, and she´s gorgeous as well
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-49xWR0M58j...na+de+Avis.jpg

I saw this same dress live yesterday in Madrid: http://teleprograma.fotogramas.es/va...riaRetrato.jpg

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Juan Pacheco, Marquis of Villena and his scheming brothers are the real villians,Joan of Portugal is snow white compare to those guys!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:51 AM
Royal Highness

Three episodes into the series and I am really enjoying it. I can't verify how accurately events and characters are portrayed, but others have posted to suggest it does pretty well. There are some very good actors and high production values ( wonderful costumes). I have always wanted to find out more about Isabel, and this is a perfect introduction.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'd agree Elly C,the sets and costumes are really fantastic as is the acting,very impressed so far.The only annoying part is at the end where they show you a clip of the next episode while the theme music and credits are still playing.

Pedro Giron,lord of Belmonte is a totally despicable character .
Old 10-14-2013, 03:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I'd agree Elly C,the sets and costumes are really fantastic as is the acting,very impressed so far.The only annoying part is at the end where they show you a clip of the next episode while the theme music and credits are still playing. Pedro Giron,lord of Belmonte is a totally despicable character .
Yes, his demise was good to see - this is an example of where I would like to know if this is the generally accepted version of events. His brother, Juan Pacheco, is an intriguing character too.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Juan is almost machiavellian in his political dealings,his uncle the Archbishop seems to be the 'nicest' of the unholy trio
Old 10-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder if Enrique IV was as stubborn and indecisive in reality as he's portrayed in the series.He is lucky to have such loyal nobles as Beltrán de la Cueva and Diego de Mendoza,such a pity he never listens to their sound advice.

Poor Queen Joan having to fight off that creepy Bishop!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Royal Highness

I don't quite understand the nature of Isabel 's mother's illness - she appeared to be alert and resonding to her children in this latest episode - is it a mental or physical condition?
Queen Joan seems to have had a largely unhappy and frustrating life.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

About Isabella of Portugal, it seems her illness was mental, and her mental issues were inherited by her granddaughter Joanna.

On Wikipedia there is info about her last years and some interesting facts about the Alvaro de Luna issue, which is mentioned in the series.

Another interesting fact is that she was three years younger than her stepson, King Enrique IV.
Isabella of Portugal, Queen of Castile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-24-2013, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Another 'King's Favourite',I bet there were many that hoped Beltrán de la Cueva would end up with a similar downfall!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Bit of a slower episode last night following the death of Infante Alfonso.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

As a curiosity, Victor Elias, who plays infante Alfonso on the series (short timing character, poor him ), is related to Princess Letizia. His mother, who is also actress, is a second cousin of the Princess, I think.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
As a curiosity, Victor Elias, who plays infante Alfonso on the series (short timing character, poor him ), is related to Princess Letizia. His mother, who is also actress, is a second cousin of the Princess, I think.
Here's his wiki page (Spanish)

Víctor Elías - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

Series 1 has 13 episodes which should take me right up to Christmas!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

More awards for "Isabel": Michelle Jenner has won this year´s Best TV actress Ondas Award, for her portrayal of Queen Isabella.

Radio Galicia, Julia Otero, 'MasterChef' y Michelle Jenner, ganadores de los Ondas

The Ondas awards are the oldest and one of the most prestigious TV and radio awards in Spain, and the show received the award to the Best National TV series last year

And, as they´re filming already Season 3 (), today was confirmed the actress that will play Princess Joanna: Irene Escolar

http://24.media.tumblr.com/3adb8dac5...t7go1_1280.jpg

And there are roumours that, if the ratings of series 2 and 3 are good enough, they might make a spin-off series about Joanna´s life after her mother´s death (series 3 will end with Isabella´s death).

Old 10-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

That's really good news AnnieS,the spin off series sounds rather interesting!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Isabel of Portugal is in disgrace,Enrique IV is becoming more and more a most unlikable figure.The sooner the despicable Marquis of Villena falls from grace the better ,however his uncle Alfonso Carrillo,Archbishop of Toledo has redeemed himself!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Royal Highness

It's such an enjoyable series. The characters are interesting because they are portrayed (rightly) as quite complex individuals which means you can't categorise them as totally good/bad. I hope the second series will be shown on SKY too.