"Harry & Meghan: The Royal Love Story" ('18) / "Becoming Royal" ('19)- Lifetime Movie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ACO

Heir Apparent
City
New York
Country
United States
"Harry & Meghan: The Royal Love Story" ('18) / "Becoming Royal" ('19)- Lifetime Movie

They have started casting for "When Harry met Meghan"

I assume it is a Lifetime Movie Original similar to the one that aired before William and Kate's wedding.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdyTlyXnSt-/

Yeah...I am not going to lie.....I'll probably watch it.

I think I have seen all the royal romance movies with the exception of the Charles and Camilla one...which I taped to watch at a later date and never got around to. I have seen the Mary and Frederick one as well. Would have loved to seen one about Wilhem Alexander and Maxima!

They are terribly cheesy, the acting is so so (you might see one real name and you are like...Jean Smart...why are you in this move playing Camilla???? ) and they are losey goosey with the facts but I love them!

I assume it is a Lifetime Movie Original similar to the one that aired before William and Kate's wedding.

It's a little odd that they didn't make an actual announcement about the movie or maybe I missed it? Anyway, I will definitely be watching. No shame from me. ?

It's a little odd that they didn't make an actual announcement about the movie or maybe I missed it? Anyway, I will definitely be watching. No shame from me. ?

I'm sure they will announce it officially once it's cast and in production. They just in the initial casting stages now.

I'm going to watch it too. I love these cheesy bio picks. It's always a fun live tweet event. I can already imagine the epically cheesy spins in their first date, Botswana camping, suits set, the statement, meeting the Queen, the proposal. Glorious. Haha.

I love these movies. Also, I'm curious to see the movie about Harry and Meghan.

Frederik and Mary's movie was hard for me, the guy who they cast as Frederik was so physically unappealing that I couldn't get passed it.

I'm sure they will announce it officially once it's cast and in production. They just in the initial casting stages now.

I'm going to watch it too. I love these cheesy bio picks. It's always a fun live tweet event. I can already imagine the epically cheesy spins in their first date, Botswana camping, suits set, the statement, meeting the Queen, the proposal. Glorious. Haha.

Oh, I understand. I just thought Lifetime movies were like most other movies where they announce the plans for the movie and then later, the casting. But apparently not.

Their take on the Botswana camping trip should be especially interesting. :lol:

I have been WAITING for this!!! YES!!

I will pitch a fit though if they don't cast correctly.

Oh its going to be awful and I can't wait!! They have the stuck up villain - Princess Michael, plenty of snooty british tabloid headlines.....it will be perfect!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh its going to be awful and I can't wait!! They have the stuck up villain - Princess Michael, plenty of snooty british tabloid headlines.....it will be perfect!!

Even before that - they've got so much stuff from when they were dating and the paparazzi stalked her and apparently unlawfully entered her garage/home - which is apparently what led Harry to make the statement and give her protection too.

Not to romanticize something so awful but I kinda can't wait for the dramatization of all of this.

I wonder what angle they are going to pursue? Will they start at her childhood? His?

This could actually be more than just a fluffy romantic tale - some good writers could do something really interesting with their love story.

I still hope Hollywood proper puts something together - a story based on them but not about them... kinda like how The Prince and Me was inspired by Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson but clearly dramatized into something completely different.

I'd love to see that too.

Confirmed.

Here is the casting notice. It is a Lifetime Movie. I bet Hallmark also does one.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/c20fb8cafb9d84261fa287ee989effed/tumblr_p2fs14J0lI1v1vgxzo1_1280.png

I am glad they want to hire a biracial woman and not a white woman with a tan, ya know. It is important.

The late Donna Summer has two daughters who are the right age and ethnicity to play MM. The one on the left even has Meghan's nose.

The reason why the movies can be bad; they are made too fast. There’s not enough footage and time of Harry and Meghan on the world stage for a movie to be made. Their relationship was largely conducted in private, so the movie will be largely based on made up scenes.

I wish Lifetime and Hallmark and other networks would wait a few years before making a movie on Harry and Meghan. Allow time to give them more material to work with.

Lifetime movies aren’t the same as it was back in the day. A lot of the movies are now made very fast and pretty much surrounds the same theme over and over again.

A shame a certain c-list actress who looks like Meghan will be busy planning a wedding :shifty:

Gonna watch the sh.t out of it. The Kate/Will movie was so horribly bad it instantely became amazing

They are awesomely bad. There is just so much I look forward to laughing about.

The blind first date
Their secret 3rd date to Bostwana
All the months in between and their take on it
Who they cast as her Suits cast mates and her besties
Will there be fake celeb cameos?
Meeting the royals
The infamous statement and the days leading up to it
Proposal
SAMANTHA

They have so much to play with. :lol::lol:

The reason why the movies can be bad; they are made too fast. There’s not enough footage and time of Harry and Meghan on the world stage for a movie to be made. Their relationship was largely conducted in private, so the movie will be largely based on made up scenes.

I wish Lifetime and Hallmark and other networks would wait a few years before making a movie on Harry and Meghan. Allow time to give them more material to work with.

Lifetime movies aren’t the same as it was back in the day. A lot of the movies are now made very fast and pretty much surrounds the same theme over and over again.

Yeah but this is the "hot time" for the movie. Dont need to spend a lot on advertising as journalists are willing to write about anything in the lead up to the wedding. Plus this is the time when most people are interested in the couple, so larger audience than normal.

Such a "small" thing as fact has nothing againt money unfortunately. So the movie will ne made in time for the wedding ??
I expect that Samantha will be a major role in the movie ????

They are awesomely bad. There is just so much I look forward to laughing about.

The blind first date
Their secret 3rd date to Bostwana
All the months in between and their take on it
Who they cast as her Suits cast mates and her besties
Will there be fake celeb cameos?
Meeting the royals
The infamous statement and the days leading up to it
Proposal
SAMANTHA

They have so much to play with. :lol::lol:

The Skyping couple
Scenes of Meghan and mother doing yoga
The infamous brooch incident
Meghan as a young girl, making her own box on the school forms
Harry being told he needs to settle down
Harry lecturing Meghan on what royal life will be like
And so on

No movie about Harry and Meghan is going to be complete without including Bogart and Guy in it. They leave out the dogs and I'm going to start an email writing campaign. :D

The Skyping couple
Scenes of Meghan and mother doing yoga
The infamous brooch incident
Meghan as a young girl, making her own box on the school forms
Harry being told he needs to settle down
Harry lecturing Meghan on what royal life will be like
And so on

Texts/calls of Harry trying to convince Meghan to go to Botswana
2016 Halloween party in Toronto w/ Eugenie
Christmas tree shopping in London
1st meeting with William & Kate at Kensington
Harry frantically calling PR to get the kissing pics from Jamaica killed
Deciding whether to go to Pippa's wedding

Just a few of the scenes I'm waiting for. :lol:

Texts/calls of Harry trying to convince Meghan to go to Botswana
2016 Halloween party in Toronto w/ Eugenie
Christmas tree shopping in London
1st meeting with William & Kate at Kensington
Harry frantically calling PR to get the kissing pics from Jamaica killed
Deciding whether to go to Pippa's wedding

Just a few of the scenes I'm waiting for. :lol:

Still kinda mad at him about that. :lol: I understood why, but I'm selfish. :lol:

Yeah I am mad about the steamy pics from Jamaica lol!

The TV movie was expected and I look forward to the ridiculousness.

Events that should be in the movie:
* London dates at Soho House.
* First Botswana trip
*Meghan meeting Charles in Scotland for Harry's birthday.
* Halloween party with Eug and Jack.
* Press intrusion.
* November Statement.
* Sad Samantha
* Detour to Toronto.
* Trip to Norway.
* Suits producers saying they will write her out.
* Meeting the Cambridges.
* Skippy's wedding in Jamaica.
* Shutting The Tig
*Pippa's wedding
* Harry going to Botswana to source the big diamond.
* The interview with the VF.
* The 3 week safari in Botswana and Zambia.
* Meeting the Queen at Balmoral.
* VF cover story.
* Invictus Games
* Meeting the Queen at BP again.
* The romantic proposal.

Of course lots of Skyping and FaceTime. I also expect it to be a bit more sexy because reasons.

You can't forget the Corgis!
Also introducing Harry to Doria.
Piers Morgan's pub date might featured since it was right before.
And tennis! Serena!
Instagram teases. Bracelets!

Just so much! I can't wait!

Meghan going on auditions, looking sad when being asked to lie about age/race.
Harry meeting Meghan for the first time, dumbstruck by her exotic beauty and large doe eyes.
Meghan meeting Harry for the first time, looking giddy whilst telling herself she'd never pictured herself with a ginger.
Going to the theater in London, being accosted by the press.
Harry phoning parents in turn, bumbling as he asks for her hand in marriage.
The break in at MM Toronto home, Harry being mad about it.
Harry visiting Meghan on the set of Suits; cast members star struck.

With all these scenes, nothing short of a miniseries event will do!

Ahhh so much to unpack and put in this is a total feature length film. I think Netflix should do a film as a one. The Crown will take an age and Harry and Meghan won't be the focus.

Will and Kate had two movies so I'm going to 2nd your sexy Netflix version. I'd like that version to take a nice long look at how that 1st Botswana trip went down. Meghan was blushing during that part of the interview. More scenes...

Friend convincing them both to go on the blind date
Cozy Netflix and chill date night in
Harry binge-watching Suits (and Meghan telling him to close his eyes during the kissing scenes)
Meghan convincing Suits bosses to tone down love scenes post-relationship discovery
Meghan and Harry playing with George & Charlotte

More actual/suggestive sexy times on Netflix, that's for sure. And maybe some swearing as well.

Meghan's Toronto neighbors doing double-takes upon seeing the famous redhead showing up at her girl pad at odd times.
Dramatic re-enactment of suck face session in Jamaica.

I think Harry and Meghan will also get two movies. Lifetime and Hallmark for sure. The director of this is involved with the "The Royals" tv show which is very naughty in its own right so I do expect a little more sexiness to the show. They just also have more to play with in that regard as well.

I'll wait for the real fun when they hit the The Crown in Season 5.

Wait until that Lifetime movie about Harry and Meghan's romance and see how Sam and the Markles deal with any portrayal of them. Sam will definitely will come out swinging claiming it's not true (if shoe in a bad light). But just like a book or article, she would have to prove in court what was shown in the movie is false and it defamed her. If you don't sue, then presume it's true. And she can get a lawyer for free in the US system.

:previous:
I'd be willing to bet only her mother will get much screentime.
The siblings will be mentioned in passing, if at all.

Back
Top Bottom