"Harry & Meghan: The Royal Love Story" ('18) / "Becoming Royal" ('19)- Lifetime Movie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those pics look great! And yes, I am thinking Pippa's wedding reception.

Hey...if you can watch the Fred and Mary movie (with the blandness Fred possible) anything is possible. And I thought the William and Kate movie (weren't there two?) was just awful. It was the one with Jean Smart as Camilla. I remember thinking Jean...you won an Emmy...why are you in this movie?!?!?

Those pictures posted show me one thing and that is that the people they cast as William and Kate and Harry and Meghan actually look like the real thing.

I am definitely going to watch the movie all the way through with cheese and wine (no whining) when it comes out. I love the ability to be able to log into the Lifetime channel and stream. I am posting the link for anyone else interested in streaming the movie. The catch is that you have to be able to sign onto the website and indicate which provider you get Lifetime from. For me, its my satellite provider and I use that account to log in.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/harry-and-meghan-a-royal-romance

I was so confused by these pics but Pippa's reception makes sense. The speculation was that Meghan wore a maroon dress though we never saw it. This still doesn't explain why Meghan is sitting in Harry's lap at the dinner table but I've learned not to ask too many questions when watching these Lifetime flicks.

Looking forward to cheese in gluttonous quantities.

The actors already kicking off a press tour.

The air date is May 13th. The cast list according to IBMD is: Harry (young and old), Meghan, Will, Kate, Diana, Charles, Camilla and the Queen. For Meghan's family is Tom Sr. I am disappointed that Doria was not cast; she is an important part of Meghan's life. Glad to see Samantha and Tom Jr. not cast. Sam will take this as a slight, that she is not important enough to rate a mention. Cue the Twitter outrage and a new run to the tabloids crying the movie does not accurately portray the Markles. If fact Meghan's childhood is not going to be featured; her pre-Harry life starts with being a divorced actress. Doria may not care, but family members seeking to cash in are going to be miffed because it announces what they have said about Meghan is being dismissed as lies.

It seems like Lifetime is trying to stick to what really matters and leaving all the tabloid frenzy and family bickering out of it. That's a wise move. They're focusing on what the real story is and not over dramatizing things to make the movie more sensationalistic and I like that.

The feuding half siblings didn't rate a mention and that's how it should be. They're not even bit players in Harry and Meghan's story when we really think about it. :D

This is going to be brutal but most Lifetime movies are. Diana makes an ‘appearance’ of course.

The air date is May 13th. The cast list according to IBMD is: Harry (young and old), Meghan, Will, Kate, Diana, Charles, Camilla and the Queen. For Meghan's family is Tom Sr. I am disappointed that Doria was not cast; she is an important part of Meghan's life. Glad to see Samantha and Tom Jr. not cast. Sam will take this as a slight, that she is not important enough to rate a mention. Cue the Twitter outrage and a new run to the tabloids crying the movie does not accurately portray the Markles. If fact Meghan's childhood is not going to be featured; her pre-Harry life starts with being a divorced actress. Doria may not care, but family members seeking to cash in are going to be miffed because it announces what they have said about Meghan is being dismissed as lies.

I think Doria is in the movie because the little girl who plays "Young Iris" on The Flash is playing young Meghan and she is not listed. I just don't think we have the full cast and most the cast revealed came from the actors themselves.

Promo teaser. OMG. I can't wait. Haha.

Just when you thought Will & Kate couldn't be more bad and cheesy, here comes this one.. I'm dead. ? ? ?

I liked both movies about WnK and I love the movie about Charles and Camilla. The cheesiest one was for Charles and Diana but it was made in like 1981 so I gave it a pass. I didn't like Frederik and Mary's because the male actor was so unattractive.

Whoa that Harry actor actually sounds like him.

I'd forgotten about the Frederik and Mary one, which was pretty awful. I did quite enjoy 'Whatever Love Means' but usually stay clear of these sort of chick flicks. I'm in two minds as to whether I'll watch it but probably will, on an evening when girlfriends come round. A pizza, a bottle of wine...

They had a nice budget. Really went all out it seems.

Just when you thought Will & Kate couldn't be more bad and cheesy, here comes this one.. I'm dead. ? ? ?

It's impressive though how they found an actor who had something like Harry's voice. Not saying it's exact, but it's pretty close! I mean, Harry's voice is hard to copy, so just that is pretty impressive, imo.

Even more impressive since I believe the actor is Scottish.

I found two pictures from it. I assume this is Pippa's wedding reception?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYHhm8bU0AABB4c.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYHdpv0W0AAY3WK.jpg:large

The actors look nice together. I will give them that. Ready for the cheese.

Well, Parisa's hair certainly looks better. Maybe she ended up getting her own hair straight-permed with added extensions for extra length if need be. It definitely looks more natural with a visible side part.

I'd forgotten about the Frederik and Mary one, which was pretty awful. I did quite enjoy 'Whatever Love Means' but usually stay clear of these sort of chick flicks. I'm in two minds as to whether I'll watch it but probably will, on an evening when girlfriends come round. A pizza, a bottle of wine...

I thought 'Whatever Love Means' was quite good actually, but "Will and Kate" or "Fred and Mary" were an embarrassment.
As for this one, well ...

I thought 'Whatever Love Means' was quite good actually, but "Will and Kate" or "Fred and Mary" were an embarrassment.
As for this one, well ...

"Whatever love means" was astonishingly good. Astonishing because I did not expect it to be good. ?

Parisa looks and sounds like Meghan. It was nice to see her with her poofy hair.

It's impressive though how they found an actor who had something like Harry's voice. Not saying it's exact, but it's pretty close! I mean, Harry's voice is hard to copy, so just that is pretty impressive, imo.
The casting did Harry a solid to be honest. They casted someone very handsome. The Harry in the Will & Kate movie was something else alright.

That shot of the two actors dancing close is ooozing heat.

I cannot wait for this movie. I'm gonna have to literally DVR this thing.

They couldn't have cast a better actress to play Meghan and the actor playing Harry is a thirstbucket - wow he's handsome. He smolders even better than Harry, lol!

I'm going to love this move. LOVE it.

I hope it's available on iTunes afterwards. Have a feeling I will watch it a lot.

My sister asked me last night...WHAT?! They are doing a movie about Harry and Meghan?!

She does not follow royalty AT ALL and was watching one of those Little Woman shows (I know I know) and saw the commercial. I was like YUP! I can't wait. She was totally forgotten that they movies were made for Charles/Diana, Charles/Camilla and William/Katherine.

And yes, I agree they did a respectable job with casting. Unlike the guy that played Fred in the Fred/Mary movie.

A new :30 trailer. Honestly I liked the shorter teaser better. Less cringeworthy dialogue. Hope it's not like the movies that show all the good scenes in the trailer and the actual movie is meh. Scroll to end of article for the video.

https://www.glamour.com/story/meghan-markle-prince-harry-lifetime-movie-first-trailer

Edit: I did enjoy the accuracy of the blue beanie. ? Probably my fave part. There are actually 2 trailers. One from her perspective and one from his. This link has both back to back.
https://etcanada.com/video/1203594819926/harry-meghan-a-royal-romance/

Last edited:
:previous: I love the actress' natural hair. :flowers: Would be lovely if one day Meghan goes back to her naturally curly hair (which she may do when she gets pregnant, just a hunch).

Back
Top Bottom