"Grace of Monaco" (Cannes May 2014, US release uncertain)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would be more interested in a film/documentary about Grace husstling to become a famous actress, tbh

Nicole Kidman is a beautiful woman and a talented actress but I think she is miscast in this role for a lot of reasons. For the record, I thought TV actress Cheryl Ladd was also an absurd choice when she played Grace in a movie made only a year or so after the princess's death.

Thirty odd years after a famous person dies might be too soon try and make a major motion film about their life, imo.:sad:

PBS did Grace's story in Extraordinary Women.

Casting someone who doesn't look like Grace was their first mistake. The film is on indefinite hold in the U.S.

Last edited:
Nicole Kidman is a beautiful woman and a talented actress but I think she is miscast in this role for a lot of reasons. For the record, I thought TV actress Cheryl Ladd was also an absurd choice when she played Grace in a movie made only a year or so after the princess's death.

Thirty odd years after a famous person dies might be too soon try and make a major motion film about their life, imo.:sad:

I would prefer Gwyneth Paltrow for Grace.
And I am not sure that Tim Roth is the the perfect choice for Rainier.

Princess Charlene reminds me of "Grace of Monaco" very much.:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
The trailer wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm still not sure if I'll go and see it or not. My cousin also has an interest in royals, so this is something that she might want to see (she wanted to see Diana, but didn't get the chance to). I would go and see it with her then, to see what its like. Or wait until its released on DVD/shown on TV.

Our French members might be interested in this.
On France 5, there will be a documentary about Grace entitled "Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco", which talks about what really happened during the events that are showcased in the film:

Documentaire «*Grace Kelly, princesse de Monaco*» | Noblesse & Royautés

I think Frederic Mitterand is a close friend of Monaco's pricely family. He also "made" the exposition for Grace Kelly in Monaco, in 2007. How could we see this documentaire?

I would prefer Gwyneth Paltrow for Grace.
And I am not sure that Tim Roth is the the perfect choice for Rainier.

Grace Kelly was a flawless beauty. Gwyneth Paltrow would, imo, be an even worse choice to portray Princess Grace than Nicole Kidman. I totally agree with Queen Camilla that casting someone who at least resembles the late princess is the essential first step..and that disqualifies Gwyneth P.

I am sorry to offend Paltrow fans.:ermm:

Not sure at all who could be cast for Rainier.

Last edited:
You're completely right Moonmaiden. Gwyneth doesn't have the classical beauty Grace had. They look zero alike.

Grace was an absolute beauty but in the meantime she had a charming warm smile. Nicole Kidman is a frozen wax doll, destroyed by useless face surgeries. I reall disagree with this choice.

(...) coming movie about Princess Grace life as princess, staring Nicole Kidman. She looks A LOT like her. It's amazing, I cried while watching the trailer.

(...)

I always thought Cheryl Ladd had a similar look to P. Grace.

It was announce earlier this year that the movie would open the 2014 Cannes Film Festival.Since then there's been very little news and no publicity about this ill fated project.

That's a very interesting comment,Beberoyal about Cheryl Ladd. I think it was a year after Princess Grace died, Cheryl Ladd did indeed play Grace Kelly/ Princess Grace in an ABC made for TV movie. I don't remember the tile of the movie, but in the ending credits, it said: 'HSH, Princess Grace of Monaco helped in the pre-production of this movie'.

I feel it was a bad idea to begin with. The clip I saw was simply embarrassing. I am very surprised that Harvey Weinstein is behind this film.

What a terrible movie from seeing one minute of the trailer, no wonder even the morons of the movie industry shelved it. Nicole Kidman is beautiful but cannot act, nor even shelve her oz accent, what a mistake and waste of good money;

Ok, so the botox is killing Nicole's face but I will still go and see this movie. Loved Grace!

:previous: What is that saying? ANY publicity is good publicity right?;)

If they see the public is engaged they will salvage it for the $$$ potential at least.

If you love Grace, probably the best is to boycot the movie...

:whistling:

Ah, but would Grace want me to boycott the movie? Her family is boycotting it because they didn't get to preview it and have their amendments included. This does not mean the content is not worth seeing or untrue...or true.

Yep, I'd see it.:)

:previous: What is that saying? ANY publicity is good publicity right?;)

If they see the public is engaged they will salvage it for the $$$ potential at least.

Who knows,I have a feeling it maybe just straight to dvd for this one.

:previous: I guess I would still see it. I have a large 3D screen TV with surround sound but it still isn't the same as seeing it on the BIG screen.:sad:

Back
Top Bottom