Germanic Houses, Austria & Russia: films, DVDs, documentaries

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie

Gentry
City
in NRW
Country
Germany
There will be a new film about Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria, who killed himself in 1889 with his mistress Marie Vetsera.
Max von Thun (who is in fact Maximilian Graf von Thun und Hohenstein, son of actor Friedrich von Thun) plays Rudolf.
Here is a link to the imdb-entry:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0484210/

And here is a photo of Max von Thun, Alexandra Vandernoot (who plays Marie´s mother Helene, left) and Vittoria Puccini, who plays Empress Elisabeth:
">

Last edited by a moderator:
GREAT idea! Hope it will be available in the US. It's been a while since a Rudolf/Mayerling movie was made, and hopefully this will be a good movie with a godo script and acting.:)

Interesting cast: a movie about royalty played by royalty!
Would love to see the movie, it's such a gripping story. Hopefully it'll be in the German language, which is what the characters spoke irl, right (or was French still 'de rigeur' at courts back in the day?)

The film has atrocious reviews, despite the interesting cast (they've got famous actors as well as people from formerly aristocratic families in the film) and the fact that they tried for historical accuracy. Francesca Habsburg plays the Belgian queen indeed. I remember that she said in an interview she wanted to have a racier role but wasn't given any. I tried to find this interview but couldn't - sorry. I'll keep looking for it.

To Princess Olga: They spoke German (Austrian style) at the court of Kaiser Franz Joseph.

i saw the movie. brigitte hamann, the biographer was consultant at this movie. max von thun is hot. really hot. the movie was also quiet good:)

Paläste der Macht Part 2 / Palaces of Power Part 2

Hi, I am searching for someone who had recorded the second part of the German ZDF serie "Paläste der Macht" of Gero von Boehm. Has anyone recorded it?

Die Habsburger, 05 July 2008, 14:30, 3sat

The broadcasting station 3 sat broadcast a 12 part serie about the Habsburg history.
It begins at 14:30 and end at 15:20.

The parts are divided into:
Part one: Die Gunst des Augenblicks - Ein Graf nutzt seine Chance (The favor of the moment - A count uses his chance)
Part two: Der Traum vom Weltreich (The dream of the Impire)
Part three: Kreuz gegen Halbmond (Cross against halfmoon)
Part four: Zwischen Escorial und Hradschin - Das geteilte Erbe (Between Escorial and Hradschin - The divided heritage)
Part five: Der große Krieg - Die Zeit des dreißigjährigen Krieges (The big war - the time of the thirty years war)
Part six: Gegen Türken und Franzosen - Das Zeitalter Prinz Eugens (Against Turks and French - The era of prince Eugen)
Part seven: Habsburgs Glanz und Preußens Gloria - Das Zeitalter Maria Theresias (Habsburgs finary and Prussias glory - the era of Maria Theresia)
Part eight: Im Banne der Revolution - Reform von oben (In spell of revolution - reform of above)
Part nine: Metternich - ein System (Metternich - a system)
Part ten: Der junge Kaiser Franz Joseph - Zwischen Reich und Nation (The young emperor Franz Joseph - between empire and nation)
Part eleven: Franz Joseph I: Völkerkerker - Hort der Völker (Franz Joseph I.: peoples goal - palladium of peoples)
Part twelve: Erfüllte Mission: Die Donaumonarchie als Ende und Anfang (Fulfilled mission: The Donau monarchy as end and beginning)

Here some information about this serie:

Die Habsburger - Eine europäische Familiengeschichte (If the link does not work: Willkommen bei 3sat.online - Volltextsuche: Die Habsburger- 1. hit)

I agree with the demontration of the scientist that it was impossible to have burned two bodies to ashes in 1 1/2 hours, which is the time frame Yurovsky and others have testified, or even 3 hours. And he's not the only scientists, there are others who agree, therefore, if it's been proven by a number of scientists, does this mean that Yurovsky failed to tell us the rest of the story?

AGRBear

Mémoires d'Exil: Romanov, Habsburg and Hohenzollern

This french documentary is wonderful. It's the best thing I've seen in my whole life, it's about the members of the Romanov, Habsburg and Hohenzollern families who go to exile. We can see interviews with:
GD Leonida Georgievna
Prince Michael Feodorovich
Prince Nicolas Romanovich
Xénia Sfiri
Princess Anita of Hohemberg
Archduke Otto of Habsburg and others.
Full of rare footage.

:imperialrussia::austriaflag::germanyflag:

YouTube - Mémoires d'exil

If "Princess Bea of Auersperg" has the right to use that style and title (in other words, if she isn't a self-proclaimed Princess), then she has to be a male-line descendant of Vincent Karl, Prince von Auersperg or his brother, Ludwig Wilhelm, Prince von Auersperg. As such, she would be a distant cousin to Princess Michael of Kent, who is a female-line descendant of Vincent Karl, Prince von Auersperg (though her maternal great-grandmother), as well as Valerie, Princess von Auersperg (a male-line descendant of the Prince von Auersperg).
However, the only references about this "Princess Bea (Beatrice) of Auersperg that I was able to find are related to jewellery/fashion industries. She appears to be either an entrepreneur or a designer (or both). I have seen some rather tacky watches, earrings and bracelets designed by the “princess”.
In all of the references I found, she is referred to as "Princess Bea Auersperg" (without the "of" or "von"), which makes it look like she uses the "Auersperg" as a surname, rather than a style/title.

Whether she has the right to be styled/titles "Princess von Auersperg" or not, "Princess Bea" appears to be notorious for her numerous cosmetic surgeries.

I checked Auerspergs geneal. tree, we have
1- Maria Beatrice Lucchesi Palli married Auersperg (born 1947)
2- Maria Beatrice von Auerperg married Lovrek (born 1957)
3- Beatrice Kyd Edle von Redenburg married Auersperg (born 1950)
they all are princesses;
And what about princess Isabelle, who is she?

Themenabend: Adel

Bayerisches Fernsehen broadcasts this Saturday a theme-evening about royalty and nobility.

The programme will be:

20:15 - Kronprinz Rudolfs letzte Liebe (Crownprince Rudolfs last love)
21:50 - Rundschau (the news magazine of Bayerisches Fernsehen)
21:55 - Standesgemäß
23:20 - Anastasia, die letzte Zarentochter (Anastasia, the last daughter of the Czar)
01:00 - Königin einer Nacht (Queen of one night)
02:30 - Der Pilot und die Prinzessin (Princess O'Rourke)

The last two movies are fictional movies.

Auswahl | Programm | Bayerisches Fernsehen | BR

Bayerisches Fernsehen is broadcasting a report on Prince Luitpold of Bavaria today at 17:00. Its called "Bierbrauer, Unternehmer, Hoheit - Prinz Luitpold von Bayern" - Beerbrewer, entrepreneur, highness - Prince Luitpold of Bavaria

Auswahl | Programm | Bayerisches Fernsehen | BR

Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of "Un nome en heritage, les Romanov" that was on France 3 some time back. Does anyone have pictures and information that came from the documentary.

WDR is broadcasting today at 20:15 a documentary about "Dynasties at Nordrhein-Westphalia". The part today is about the Princes of Bentheim-Tecklenburg:

Google Übersetzer

Sisi (2009)- New German movie about Empress Elisabeth of Austria

the movie is going to premiere 25 december in germany, too bad it's in german. I hope it leaks somewhere so we can download it (with english subtitles)...:)

Back
Top Bottom