Germanic Houses, Austria & Russia: films, DVDs, documentaries

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It said it can only be watched from Germany. (Because of legal grounds.) But thanks Sarah.

Josette

I see. Maybe it will appear somewhere else, too. I'll let you know then. :flowers:

It looks promising. But like said before; the classic is still Sissi with the beautiful Romy.

I wish her life could be filmed in a big production. Close to what was real so the story of her life can be spread.

Romy Schneider movie store with great care I had received. This is a very enjoyable film to watch the German, but still. I hope this new film is our chance for a moment before.
Who is portrayed in this film Sissi?

Romy Schneider movie store with great care I had received. This is a very enjoyable film to watch the German, but still. I hope this new film is our chance for a moment before.
Who is portrayed in this film Sissi?

It's once again Sisi who is portrayed.

The new movie is not so much different from the old one, the main
difference is that the new TV production is limited to the time of
Elizabeth's youth till her coronation as Queen of Hungary in 1867 at
the age of 29. It shows Elizabeth as a more emancipated woman,
but large parts and stories are identical, it's a bit less kitschy and
it's cleaned from the intentions that were conntected with the
production in the 1950s. But still it's a very romantic film.

In my eyes the only but important advantage of the remake is,
that you get the chance to imagine Elizabeth herself, without
always having Romy Schneider in mind. Romy Schneider disliked
her "Sissi"-image, but at the same time it's been unfair towards
the real Sisi that many people always thought and think of Romy
Schneider first..

German Television Documentaries on Phoenix and ZDF

For all those, who cannot get enough to watch about royalty on TV, the German TV station "Phoenix" is broadcasting a lot.

Here are the next broadcastings:

January, 5:

01:35 (German Time): Theophanu - Die mächtigste Frau des Abendlandes (Theophanu - The most powerful woman of the occident)
02:20: Kaiser Otto III - (Emperor Otto III)
03:05: Heinrich II
03:50: Kaiser Heinrich IV - Der Tyrann auf dem Thron (Emperor Heinrich IV - The tyrann on the throne)
04:35: Kaiser Barbarossa - Die Legende im Kyffhäuser (Emperor Barbarossa - The legend at the Kyffhäuser)
06:00: Windsor Castle - Ein Jahr mit der englischen Königsfamilie (Windsor Castle - One year with the British royal family) - Part 1
06:45: Windsor Castle - Ein Jahr mit der englischen Königsfamilie - Part 2
07:30 and 18:30: Die Königskinder - Victoria and Daniel (Children of a King)
20:15: Die Königskinder - William and Kate

January, 6:

07:30 and 18:30: Die Königskinder - Willam and Kate
20:15: Die Königskinder - Frederik and Mary

January, 7:

07:30 and 18:30: Die Königskinder - Frederik and Mary
20:15: Die Königskinder - Felipe and Letizia

January, 8:

01:15: Majestät - Sweden (Carl XVI Gustaf and Silvia)
02:00: Majestät - Japan (Masako)
02:45: Majestät - Great Britain (Elizabeth and Philip)
03:30: Majestät - Spain (Juan Carlos)
04:15: Unsere Schlösser - Sanssouci (Our castles)
05:00: Unsere Schlösser - Bellevue
06:00: Seine Majestät - Kaiser Wilhelm II (His Majesty Emperor Wilhelm II) Part 1
06:45: Seine Majestät - Kaiser Wilhelm II - Part 2
07:30 and 18:30: Die Königskinder - (Felipe and Letizia)

to be continued (further program was not available)

Information:

www.phoenix.de

Last edited by a moderator:
ZDFneo is broadcasting a report about the end of the Czars (01-22-10, 15:15 - 16:00 German Time).

ZDFneo - ZDF.de

Sorry, but for my translator it was impossible to translate.

Aha,. it seems that they elevated Kate to a child of a king (and William too). Sigh.

January, 13:

02:15: Majestät - Sweden (Carl XVI Gustaf and Silvia)
03:00: Majestät - Japan (Masako)
03:45: Majestät - Great Britain (Elizabeth and Philip)
04:30: Majestät - Spain (Juan Carlos)
05:15: Unsere Schlösser - Sanssouci (Our castles)
06:00: Seine Majestät - Kaiser Wilhelm II (His Majesty Emperor Wilhelm II) Part 1
06:45: Seine Majestät - Kaiser Wilhelm II - Part 2

January 17:

00:15: Das Gold der Zaren - Part 01 (The Gold of the Czars)
01:00: Das Gold der Zaren - Part 02
01:40: Das Gold der Zaren - Part 03

January, 22:

05:15: Die Königinnen vom Nil - Hatschepsut (The Queens from Nil)
06:00: Die Königinnen vom Nil - Mord, Macht und Leidenschaft - die Ptolemäerinnen (Murder, Power and Passion - the Ptolemaians)

:previous:

Thanks for your updates, principessa. I really enjoy most of the documentaries on phoenix. It's only a pity that some of them are broadcasted at inconvenient times. :ermm:

ZDFneo is broadcasting a report about the end of the Czars (01-22-10, 15:15 - 16:00 German Time).

ZDFneo - ZDF.de

Sorry, but for my translator it was impossible to translate.

The same part will also be broadcasted at the same station at 01-21-10, 20:15-21:00. And the following day 12:20 till 13:05.

On 01-23-10 from 18:15 till 19:00.

25-02-2010

20:15: Seine Majestät - Kaiser Wilhelm II (His Majesty Emperor Wilhelm II) - Part 1
21:00: Seine Majestät - Kaiser Wilhelm II - Part 2

26-02-2010

07:15: Seine Majestät - Kaiser Wilhelm II (His Majesty Emperor Wilhelm II) - Part 1
08:00: Seine Majestät - Kaiser Wilhelm II - Part 2

13-03-2010

00:30: Katharina die Große (Catherine the Great) - Part 01: Eine deutsche Prinzessin wird Zarin (A German princess becomes tsarina)
01:15: Katharina die Große - Part 02: Auf dem Gipfel der Macht (At the peak of power)

did you see on a German TV channel the the "cooking contest" of about 5 or 6 Aristocratic Ladies? This show will go on for several weeks always on Wednesday at 21 o´clock. Very interesting.

The Romanovs: An Imperial Family

Has anyone seen this movie? it is in Russian I believe but it is probably the best movie on The Romanovs that I have ever seen, even better than Nicholas and Alexandra. The movie starts a little before Nicholas abdicates so it doesn't cover a wide period, but it was more the portrayal of individuals and the family that made me love this film.

German Dynasties - Hohenzollern

Three-part documentary - German Dynasties - will be aired tomorrow.
The first part is dedicated to one of the most illustrious dynasties ever - the Hohenzollern. The second and third parts are non-royalty related (the Opel dynasty).

The House of Hohenzollern
The first part of the documentary will air on April 24 and will last 45 minutes.
The documentary will explore the history of the house, as well as familiarise the audience with the current members.
No other dynasty is closely linked with the fate of Germany as the Hohenzollern. Princes, kings and emperors have emerged from the House of Hohenzollern. A century ago, their rule ended. But they are now reported on as never before; the marriage of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and the 300th Birthday of Frederick the Great gave rise to debates over the memory of the former ruling family. How are the descendants of the legacy of their forefathers? Which means you have taken? The family itself is the answer. The documentary will be narrated by Prince George Frederick von Preussen and Prince Karl Friedrich von Hohenzollern, who will give an exclusive personal look behind their grand names.

Thanks for posting link to the documentary; I rather wanted to watch it. :flowers:

Even with my (extremely) limited command of German, it did look quite cheesy, especially the footage of the wedding.
On the other hand, there was some interesting video material which I'd never seen before, so time definitely not wasted.

No problem :flowers:

No, not wasted, indeed. I liked that they included the Hohenzollern-Sigmaringer, imo in many docus about the Hohenzollern they are rarely mentioned. Katharina, the new Princess of HS is btw a very shrill person (she cracks up about the portraits of her husbands ancestors :ROFLMAO: awesome)

ZDF royal: Die kleinen Königinnen

On Saturday 07-07-2012 19:25 ZDF will broadcast a new part of ZDF royal: Die kleinen Königinnen (The small queens).

It's about Crown Princess Victoria and the Princesses Estelle, Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra, Elisabeth and Infanta Leonor.

Die kleinen Königinnen kommen - ZDF.de

Google Übersetzer

That sounds great, I really like the ZDF Royal documentaries. (And of course the little princesses :flowers: )
Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it, but usually they put it online afterwards.

Thanks for the info principessa!
I'm looking forward to watching this new documentary. ZDF makes them really nice and I enjoy watching them.

ZDF royal - Doppeltes Glück

A new documentary by the german TV station ZDF focusing on the happy marriages of Mary and Fred as well as Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik called "Doppeltes Glück" ( Double happiness refering to the 2 marriages)
Contains nice though mostly old interviews with all of them, nevertheless quite entertaining. Unfortunately mostly in german but I think it is nevertheless interesting, the interviews are in English and Danish. Here's the link:Doppelglück in Dänemark - ZDF Royal - ZDFmediathek - ZDF Mediathek :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom