The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Majesty

"Fit To Rule: How Royal Illness Changed History" BBC2 3 Part Series 2013

"Fit to Rule: How Royal Illness Changed History:

Lucy Worsley, chief curator at Historic Royal Palaces, explores how the physical and mental health of our past monarchs has shaped the history of the nation.

BBC Two - Fit to Rule: How Royal Illness Changed History, Tudors to Stuarts: From Gods to Men, Dr Lucy Worsley explores the medical history of Henry VIII

Episode 1: Tonight-
Tudors to Stuarts: From Gods to Men
1/3 Lucy Worsley explores the medical histories of the Tudor and Stuart dynasties.

Monday's 8pm UK time.

US Viewers:
http://www.tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=2525

Old 04-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Looking forward to watching this myself later.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

Would like to get it...I'm in the US. Tried your links, did get some sound of an "auction" going on, etc. Local BBC America does not seem to have it scheduled for the evening. I hope there is some way to get it to us later. Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Would like to get it...I'm in the US. Tried your links, did get some sound of an "auction" going on, etc. Local BBC America does not seem to have it scheduled for the evening. I hope there is some way to get it to us later. Thanks
I think the series starts at 9pm. The link works but you have to click off the (red X's) on the adverts.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Majesty

Part 2:
Dr Lucy Worsley explores the medical histories of the later Stuarts, from the exile of James II and the succession of William and Mary to the rise of a new dynasty - the Hanoverians.

Tonight at 9pm UK Time.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Serene Highness

I am also in the US but I downloaded a software call expat shield which will give you a uk IP address so you can watch the bbc and itv show online on their website (you have to plug in a UK postal code for itv) I watched the first 2 episodes of this show this week it was very interesting.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've been enjoying this one too. Lucy Worsley is actually quite an engaging narrator/presenter. She gives us her own opinion sometimes also, which can differ slightly to the accepted historical narrative.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Majesty

Episode-3:
Happy Families: Hanoverians to Windsors:

Duration: 1 hour
In the final episode, Dr Lucy Worsley investigates the medical histories and fraught family dynamics of Queen Victoria and her descendants. She begins and ends with two events which challenged the very survival of the crown and revealed how crucial the physical and mental health of the royal family remained: the sudden death of Princess Charlotte in 1817, and the abdication of Edward VIII over a century later.

US Viewers: BBC2- 9PM UK Time-
tvpc.com - BBC 2