"Feud" Season 2: Charles and Diana Saga (2018) - FX Drama Series [Cancelled]

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Empress Merel

Heir Presumptive
City
-
Country
Netherlands
"Feud" Season 2: Charles and Diana Saga (2018) - FX Drama Series [Cancelled]

Ryan Murphy has set his sights on the unhappy union of Britain’s Prince Charles and Princess Diana as the next installment of “Feud,” which has grabbed a 10-episode order from FX.

The deal comes as a big vote of confidence in Murphy and his team from FX. The first eight-episode season of “Feud” is set to premiere on Sunday, focusing on the legendary rivalry between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis during the making of 1963’s “What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?”

‘Feud’ Season 2: Charles and Diana Focus of FX Show | Variety

I've seen the trailer for "Bette and Joan" but I didn't know that they were considering doing an episode on Diana and Charles.

Actually, I think it is in very bad taste to do something like this as Charles is still living, is The Prince of Wales and the future King. Just the name of the program "Feud" suggests to me that it would be portraying both Diana and Charles in a negative light and to me, to do that to a person that is still living, very prominent in the public eye is deplorable.

Its also in bad taste to start publicizing something around the 20th anniversary of the tragic death of Diana, Princess of Wales.

I seriously hope they reconsider and dump that project.

'Feud' Season 2: Charles and Diana Saga

It's not just an episode. It a multiple episode series. Feud is like most other Ryan Murphy shows -it's an anthology. This year it's Bette Davis and Joan Crawford set in the background of filming/release What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? It's just focusing on a specific time period just like American Crime: People vs OJ Simpson just focused on the murder and trial.

The Charles and Diana Feud season isn't going to be on until 2018 so they aren't taking advantage of the 20th anniversary. They just announced the second season topic ahead of the release of the first season which starts Sunday. The Bette & Joan season starts 2 Oscar Winners in Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon with 2 more Oscar winners, Kathy Bates and Catherine Zeta Jones as guest stars. It's not a trashy E or Lifetime movie. There is some serious people behind the show.

I'm going to watch, God spare my life!

I've seen the trailer for "Bette and Joan" but I didn't know that they were considering doing an episode on Diana and Charles.

Actually, I think it is in very bad taste to do something like this as Charles is still living, is The Prince of Wales and the future King. Just the name of the program "Feud" suggests to me that it would be portraying both Diana and Charles in a negative light and to me, to do that to a person that is still living, very prominent in the public eye is deplorable.

Its also in bad taste to start publicizing something around the 20th anniversary of the tragic death of Diana, Princess of Wales.

I seriously hope they reconsider and dump that project.

I could not agree more. I was stunned speechless when I first read this.:ohmy: Is this tragedy now so far distant for some people that they consider it game show fodder? Are they too young to remember how sad and shocking it all was? Or are they just dumb and insensitive?

And as you mentioned, the timing could not possibly be worse.:sad:

The main protagonists of The Crown are very much alive yet but no outrage. I would not be surprised if the series focuses on the Panorama interview time period.

I shoudnt think the queen and Philp are likely to protest about a TV show at their age. tey have seen it all. And I agree that Charles ad Di's marriage was a tragiedy and it seems ugly to make it inot some kind of fodder for a show called Feud...

The breakdown of the Wales's marriage and its aftermath has been done to death really, in newspaper and magazine articles and in documentaries over the years. Do we really need a rehash of that miserable time? It's just unnecessary IMO, even if it isn't going to be filmed until next year.

No it shouldn't be rehashed on the screen again. :sad:

'Feud' Season 2: Charles and Diana Saga

The OJ Simpson Trial was covered extensively too back in the day, but the tv series done by Ryan Murphy won multiple emmys last year and OJ Made in America just won an Oscar. Both got huge ratings

There is bunch people in their 20s and early 30s that were little kids when Charles and Diana happened that's what they are targeting. There are plenty of channels and other stuff to watch.

I can see history scholars studying this in the time to come, and it was tragic, divisive, and all-consuming when it happened. But right now, we really don't need to be reminded about the whole sordid mess. :sad:

There is a big difference between the stories of feuds between people such as Bette and Joan, gangsters and the Hatfields and the McCoys and the Campbells and the MacDonalds. They feuded at a level of having something to feud about be it the screen, rival bad guys or families. What happened between Charles and Diana, IMO, should never have been tabloid fodder and it was deeply personal as it was a war within a marriage gone bad.

If the program is made and it is aired, I would caution those that are producing this show and writing the scripts to be absolutely positive that what they are presenting is *fact*. The Panorama interview and the Morton book are facts as they're there in black and white. They throw in denigrating information against Charles that may or may not be true and information from sources such as the Daily Mail, they are setting themselves up for a law suit against them with Charles being the plaintiff on the grounds being libelous against his character.

Unlike Charles and Diana, neither Queen Elizabeth nor Prince Philip sanctioned books or leaked to the media details about their private lives (to my knowledge), and yet an acclaimed television series has been made about their lives and it's been reported that more episodes will be produced and the series will cover more recent times.

Of course a series about Charles and Diana is not essential, and I have had mixed reactions to Ryan Murphy productions, but I don't see why these two, particularly since they chose to play out the acrimonious dissolution of their relationship in the media to the point where was given its own term, the War of the Wales, should be off limits.

Osipi, the program is going to be tabloid crap full of lies and smears against Charles. Stop expecting to see diamonds when you look into the filth that are these productions.

Back
Top Bottom