'Felipe y Letizia', Telecinco Telemovie about the Princes of Asturias (2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danishla

Courtier
City
Miami
Country
United States
Does anybody know details about this project. I saw the photos (in the Hola website) of the actors impersonating Felipe and Letizia, and the lady, particularly, looks just like Letizia. :)

'Felipe y Letizia', una tele-serie bastante correcta para el lucimiento de la princesa - Diariocrtico de la Poltica
Telecinco released on Monday the tele-series 'Felipe and Letizia', which had recently attracted high interest for the treatment that would make the relationship between the two characters, and the characterization of members of the Royal Family.
Al final, bastante corrección y polémicas evitadas en la primera parte de la misma.
In the end, quite correct and avoided controversy in the first part of it.

So grateful for all your replies - Guiomar, Franprincesasturi and Asturiana
Thank you so much for sharing these clips of the TV series on Felipe and Letizia; Oh, they were so entertaining! Quite lovely. Muchas gracias!

I haven't watched, and after hearing how awful it was from everybody else I have no intention of doing so ;)
Has any of you seen it? What did you think?

Ladejesus;
Thank you for posting the videos; just finished watching, it was almost like seeing Letizia and Felipe, great job! Again, thank you. Blessed Christmas.

You are very welcome Danishla. I really enjoyed the movie as well. I don't know how accurate it is, but it was definitely entertaining. Merry Christmas to you too!

Mari_* said:
Hey thanks for posting it ladejesus! ;) I don't think it was bad,.. I liked it! The actors look a lot like the Princes!

Hey sounds interesting I will watch it and where can you watch the will and Kate movie online ?

i watched recently the first part of these series and i must say i enjoyed it. it seemed quite realistic and well done, as opposed to other royal biopics out there (the one of fred and mary for example - Mary: The Making of a Princess - seemed unrealistic and over the top). even the actors look and sound a lot like the people they represent! whoever made this clearly did they homework.

i am looking forward to watching part 2 soon.

I think it's a quite good movie. The actress who play Letizia, Amaia Salamanca, is a very good actress, one of the best spanish actress of today.
The movie is well done and quite realistic.
But, I read that it's a two part movie! It's true? In Italy this movie is arrived on television as a tvmovie not as a miniseries in two parts!

Thanks. I still find this one very cute and have been wanting to watch it again.

I wonder if this genre improves when you can't understand the dialogue? ;)

It's cute. From articles and interviews I've seen around in Spanish about their relationship, Felipe became obsessed with the CNN presenter and is the one who set up the dinner date event to get to know her better. He's madly in love with her but the Spanish press in my old country gave her the same treatment as Kate Middletown was given in the UK press (Kate Middletown was nicknamed Kate Middleclass by the nasty tabloids). And arrogant people on TV and the press just referred to her as the 'granddaughter of a taxi driver'.

Royal gossip columnist, and nasty person overall, Penafiel blasted her from day one. When he was exposed as having an agenda against the Queen, he diverted to attack her approval of Letizia. If I recall the articles ages ago, Penafiel wanted the Queen to personally interfere with a family member like she was a social worker doing home visits! And blamed the Queen when this person, with no relation to royals, took her life. So, his vitriol against Sofia found a target on her approval of Letizia.

And you think the British and Danish press are harsh these days? The love story between Queen Letizia and King Felipe was an escandalo!

Last edited:
It's cute. From articles and interviews I've seen around in Spanish about their relationship, Felipe became obsessed with the CNN presenter and is the one who set up the dinner date event to get to know her better. He's madly in love with her but the Spanish press in my old country gave her the same treatment as Kate Middletown was given in the UK press (Kate Middletown was nicknamed Kate Middleclass by the nasty tabloids). And arrogant people on TV and the press just referred to her as the 'granddaughter of a taxi driver'.

Royal gossip columnist, and nasty person overall, Penafiel blasted her from day one. When he was exposed as having an agenda against the Queen, he diverted to attack her approval of Letizia. If I recall the articles ages ago, Penafiel wanted the Queen to personally interfere with a family member like she was a social worker doing home visits! And blamed the Queen when this person, with no relation to royals, took her life. So, his vitriol against Sofia found a target on her approval of Letizia.

And you think the British and Danish press are harsh these days? The love story between Queen Letizia and King Felipe was an escandalo!

I never understood why Letizia was/is so much criticized for being the "granddaughter of a taxi driver" in a country with strong left-wing, egalitarian and republican tendencies like Spain. Maybe because the monarchists or, more specifically, royalists in Spain are, on the contrary, conservative or, more specifically, traditionalist.

I never understood why Letizia was/is so much criticized for being the "granddaughter of a taxi driver" in a country with strong left-wing, egalitarian and republican tendencies like Spain. Maybe because the monarchists or, more specifically, royalists in Spain are, on the contrary, conservative or, more specifically, traditionalist.

I think there were other things that were much more critizised than being the granddaughter of a taxi driver, such as being a divorcee or the bossy nature Letizia was sporting on the day of engagement.
By the way, Letizia certainly was not the choice of Sofia or JC, who had already fought off all previous girlfriends of Felipe for different reasons, such as divorced parents (Isabel Sartorius) or being a model (Eva Sannum). They wanted a royal lady, but in the end they had to give in because at some point Felipe had to enforce his engagement as he was getting older and older.
Letizia paid a steep price and was hung out to dry by the family at least for the first 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom