Old 10-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Aristocracy

Clive looks great.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
I hope Elizabeth:The Golden Age will be historically accurate unlike other biopics that shall remain nameless.
The reviews I read complain that the movie is pretty careless with the truth so in a word, I don't think its too historically accurate.

Its interesting when the first Elizabeth film came out, the reviews were not overwhelmingly positive. Some critics said the film was just like the Godfather except it was set in Renaissance England.

But now they're all saying how great the first movie was.

I thought the first movie was good but it wasn't outstanding.

Of the movies that had Elizabeth I as a character, my favorite was Orlando.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
The reviews I read complain that the movie is pretty careless with the truth so in a word, I don't think its too historically accurate.

Lovely... I hope it isn't as bad as Gladiator if it is I'll walk out.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Courtier

I was so close to seeing this last night and then everyone decided to see The Darjeeling Limited instead.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Nobility

I saw the movie friday night. It was very good.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I saw a trailer for this today and I will definitely be going to see it, looks like another Oscar for Cate!
Old 10-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm thinking about seeing this movie tonight, if not, then I will definitely see it on Sunday.

Has anyone else seen it? I haven't heard much about since it first came out a couple of weeks ago. Since then I haven't seen any commericals advertising the movie nor have I heard anyone discuss the movie on other forums.

Did the movie fade into oblivion? Did the studio give up on the film already? What are your thoughts?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Well I Loved the movie but don't quote me because I am a great fan of Cate Blanchett and I love all her movies no matter what! Imo, she is one of the very few actresses today with actual acting talent and gracefullness!

About the movie itself, I thought the costumes and scenery were beautiful! The acting was always good throughout the entire movie ( I loved the part when Mary Stuart is executed. It was dramatic and very intense). I adore this kind of movies
Old 11-03-2007, 11:25 AM

I've just seen the first one which I loved so I'll be sure to see the sequel. The first one really did showcase the best of British.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Courtier

I did not like this film at all even though I loved the first one. It was too chick flick (forgive the vulgar expression) despite the superb acting skills of both Cate and Clive. I was not surprise that it was not as good as the first, sequels seldom are.