"The Monarchy Inside" (2010) - DR Documentary on Working Lives of Danish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting #4. I think I liked this one the best so far. How big is the ship they sail on each summer? Do they sleep on it or can they reach their destination in one day?

I hadn't thought about the royal family disinfecting their hands with wipes after all the hand-shaking, but that makes sense:) It caught me by surprise. I especially liked the dancing after the dinner. Was it called Les Lanciers?

Thanks for posting #4. I think I liked this one the best so far. How big is the ship they sail on each summer? Do they sleep on it or can they reach their destination in one day?

I hadn't thought about the royal family disinfecting their hands with wipes after all the hand-shaking, but that makes sense:) It caught me by surprise. I especially liked the dancing after the dinner. Was it called Les Lanciers?

You can read about Dannebrog here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMY_Dannebrog_(A540)

Dannebrog is a floating residence so the DRF live and sleep onboard the ship.

Yes, that's Les Lancier. FasterB can tell you more about this dance. - Which to me looks like a "folksy" kind of menuet.

Danish monarchy on tv tonight!

If you don't know already, Australian viewers, there is a programme on tonight on SBS 2 (Channel 32) at 8:00pm Eastern time about the Danish Royal Family. It is called "The Kingdom: Behind the Scenes".

The description given was "A fly-on-the-wall series looking at modern day monarchy.; the lives of the Queen of Denmark and her family. In 2010, the Royal family opened their palace to a tv crew to film them and their staff."

It's followed by another show called, "The Royal family". It's about Queen Victoria's quest to find a suitable bride/princess for her son, Edward VII.

Don't miss it! :)

I hope you'll enjoy the fifth episode of the documentary of the DRF behind the scenes.
This episode will focus almost solely on Frederik, Mary and our Marie, in that order.

And you'll learn that Danish is not that easy a language...:p

Oh Frederik, why did you have to wear crocs??

I hope you'll enjoy the fifth episode of the documentary of the DRF behind the scenes.
This episode will focus almost solely on Frederik, Mary and our Marie, in that order.

And you'll learn that Danish is not that easy a language...:p

I can't make the link work...too bad. I'll try later tonight or tomorrow!

Here is the link to Episode 5 again, it works fine for me :)

SBS Video Player

You can also see Episode 3 of A royal Family :)

SBS Video Player

Thanks Sternchen! It finally worked after many attempts. It was a really nice episode to watch! I started to look at A Royal family, too but It's quite long and I'll finish tomorrow, but I really loved it! Queen Margarethe speaks such a perfect English!

I have issues with the links if I use IE9, haven't tried it with FF4 yet :)

Oh gosh none of the links work for me either ...

I wish you could pop it up to full screen instead of watching the tiny square.

Never mind, I figured it out!

Thanks for the link for episode 5. Gave me a bad taste for the journalists covering the CP, but it was a very interesting episode.

Oh gosh none of the links work for me either ...

it didn't worked for me either...

is there any of these videos, or episodes, on youtube? those links didn't worked for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody have a different way of getting to episode 5? I haven't had any problems watching the first 4 episodes in previous weeks, but when I click on this link I just get a gray screen and nothing happens.

Does anybody have a different way of getting to episode 5? I haven't had any problems watching the first 4 episodes in previous weeks, but when I click on this link I just get a gray screen and nothing happens.

I think you have to rto try and try and try...it may have to do with SBS' bandwidth. Try at different/alternative times!

Well, those of you who love to look at gala robes and tiara events shuld be in for treat tomorrow in the final episode of this documentary.

You will also hear Mary talk about how unreal it sometimes seems to her, that she is standing there surrounded by history.

i was looking for the last three episodes but it seems that they didn't post it.. I only saw episode 5 and after that it always say that it is not available anymore. Can somebody tell me if they also have episodes 6 -8? and where can I see them with the English subtitles

I have really enjoyed watching this series.

I particularly liked seeing:
1. all the behind the scenes preparation for Baby Henriks christening
2. all the detail that went into the state visit to Vietnam
and 3. how Margrethe goes about her New Years Eve speech and seeing all the old footage of previous speeches

Actually two last episodes are there.
Time runs fast as all of them have been aired already.

Oops! Missed Episode 7:
SBS Video Player

Thanks for catching that. This is probably one of my favorite episodes. I didn't see episode 8 though. I think the Lord Chamberlain and Master of Ceremonies have incredibly difficult jobs!

I have a new grown respect for the Lord Chamberlaine, the Press secretary and the Master of Ceremonies. They seem to be tackling new problems every single day.

May I ask, is "cyclo" an archaic word for cycling? - If so, then the translators included even this little detail.

So now when it's over, what do you think?
Boring? Educational? Different?

Muhler,
In Vietnam the tri-cyclos (tri-cycles) are called cyclos, a very common mode of transport. They are like taxis but can only carry one person with the rider pedalling from behind. I think the work cyclo came from French.

Muhler,
In Vietnam the tri-cyclos (tri-cycles) are called cyclos, a very common mode of transport. They are like taxis but can only carry one person with the rider pedalling from behind. I think the work cyclo came from French.

I see.
Thanks. :flowers:

I hope these are kept up for a few days as I can't watch 6 and 7 today. Any idea how long the links will work?

Back
Top Bottom