The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2018, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, I watched the doc too. I was surprised it was so short. I didn’t look at the scheduled timing.

It was decent and I enjoyed the interviews from Bishop Curry and The Kingdom Choir director.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-12-2019, 02:11 PM
Commoner

Kate V Meghan: Princesses At War? - Channel 5 Documentary

I believe this is a repeat but it is showing on UK Channel 5 at 11.55pm tonight.

"Documentary examining if there's any truth behind the media suggestions of unrest following Meghan Markle's entry into the Royal Family."

Old 02-08-2019, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Margaret: The Rebel Princess

Margaret: The Rebel Princess, is a two part documentary that will air this Sunday at 9pm on PBS. Here’s a Sneak Peek Video-
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...mpression=true

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-18-2019, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Good Afternoon Everybody,

You all can watch the documentary, Margaret: The Rebel Princess, here-
https://www.pbs.org/program/margaret-rebel-princess/

A wonderful documentary with videos and pics of Princess Margaret that we’ve never seen. It gives you a bit more insight into her life and her “free” side. Interviews from royal biographers, friends and her lady-in-waiting. I hope you all enjoy.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-18-2019, 01:27 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for sharing Dman! I am glad to see a more balanced portrait of Princess Margaret come out, particularly in light of the gross assumptions, mischaracterizations, and generalizations depicted in the fictional The Crown Netflix series. Not to mention the general trend toward re-writing the true history of Margaret's star-crossed love affair with Peter Townsend.

So I am hopeful to find this latest documentary on Margaret to be more fair, blanced, and enlightening.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown and Country (TV Series 1998–2001)

A touching, beautiful documentary series about the last millennium of British history. It focuses on places where the aristocracy lived, led, fought, and died, so we get a look at spectacular buildings and ruins. Prince Edward wrote and narrated the series, demonstrating that humble intellectual nature of modern royalty.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

New Royal Babies Documentary:

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-11-2019, 03:26 AM
Serene Highness

Gayle King, Oprah's friend and guest at Meghan's baby shower, is doing a special two days before Harry and Meghan's anniversary

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/meghan-...-royal-couple/

Based on what is planned to be covered there are going to be some noses out of joint becuase they may not look good here.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:50 AM
Royal Highness

Sorry, I posted before seeing you had posted the same news about the Gayle King special. If any of Meghan's close friends appear, they will certainly use caution in what they reveal. And since King has some kind of inside track due to being Oprah's friend, I would imagine she won't jeopardize her insider status by doing anything that breaches or crosses a line regarding the Sussexes' privacy. Oprah is also going to be producing a documentary series on mental health with Harry, likely being discussed here in an appropriate thread.

On American television, CBS' 48 Hours series will air a special with Gayle King on May 17, entitled Meghan & Harry, Plus One
https://deadline.com/2019/04/gayle-k...ws-1202593000/
Old 04-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Gayle King, Oprah's friend and guest at Meghan's baby shower, is doing a special two days before Harry and Meghan's anniversary

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/meghan-...-royal-couple/

Based on what is planned to be covered there are going to be some noses out of joint becuase they may not look good here.
Why would noses be out of joint? I'm not seeing anything here that's than any other special CBS has done.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
This played this week on my cable provider - I sort of watched it (my baseball team was playing on TV too, so I was back and forth.) Samantha was featured in a couple of talking heads, she came across as reasonable and then boom, she’d slip something vitriolic about her half sister into her comments. No wonder the only person in her family she’s not estranged from is her father.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Sky News Report: The Meghan Effect- Everyone on the Royal Forums should take a good look at this special report.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-23-2019, 09:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan Markle: Movies, Marriage and Motherhood- Documentary with interviews from Meghan’s former teachers too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-25-2019, 10:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

ITV Special Progamme: Whats the point of Royal Reporting? A discussion about reporting on the royal family-

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-25-2019, 11:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
New Royal Babies Documentary:
Video is now unavailable.

We should be careful posting links to youtube due to copyright reasons. Just because it is on youtube or the internet doesn't mean it isn't subject to the same copyright rules as apply to a book or magazine - they are - and the owners are getting tougher at enforcing their rights.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:14 PM
Gentry

On June 5, on the Smithsonian Channel in the U.S., they are airing a documentary called D-Day: The King who fooled Hitler. They do air many specials that originate in the UK, and this seems to be one of them as I believe it's already aired in England based on my Googling research.

I watch/read as much as I can about George VI as I adore him - and I love to learn as much as I can about the Royal Family (plus, I'm a history buff).

For those who watched this documentary, can you share your thoughts? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Old 10-04-2019, 10:33 PM
Royal Highness

Timeline's recent documentary on the Harry/Meghan romance is interesting. I don't agree with everything the talking heads say, but I think this production is well put together and worth taking a look at.

There's a point when a quote by Andrew Morton juxtaposed by past words from Meghan's The Tig about her upbringing, is especially thought-provoking:

Andrew Morton: “Meghan had to learn from quite an early age, not only to be diplomatic with her parents (who split up when she was two) but also to be diplomatic with the outside world. She's learned to bend, she's learned to be fluid, she's learned to see the other point of view.”

Meghan Markle: "That is what I grew up seeing, so that is what I grew up being. A young adult with a social conscience to do what I could and to, at the very least, speak up when I knew something was wrong.”

Old 10-12-2019, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

On Sunday, oct.20th, 9 pm, ITN will air a "behind the scenes documentary" (Quote) about Harry and Meghan´s South Africa Trip, called "H and M - An African Journey"
Old 10-14-2019, 08:21 PM
Nobility

I have what I suppose will be rather an unpopular view on the upcoming documentary. I suppose it's more correct to say, a view on the trailer released today, as we haven't seen the documentary.

I just don't feel that when you travel to highlight and bring attention to the very serious and life-threatening problems of other people, the setting is right to make a documentary that showcases the "pressure and pain" behind your own immensely privileged life.

That's not to say these two individuals do not have their own unique problems, pains, and pressures, nor that I think they should not share their story, nor even that I am not looking forward to the chance to hear (and see) it. But it's rather coming off like a man volunteering at the food bank as a backdrop to complain about the price of choice cakes.

Tags
duchess of sussex, haakon vii, maud, meghan markle, olav v