The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Welt.de is reporting that Madonna plans to make a film about the life of the Duchess of Windsor:

Google ‹bersetzer

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Edwina Mountbatten film starring Cate Blanchett is cancelled

Quote:
AT the time it was one of the most famous and glamorous marriages in the country.

But Hollywood producers have found telling the story of Romsey’s Lord and Lady Mountbatten’s relationship too controversial and have pulled out of making a movie based on the Hampshire couple’s time during the last days of the British Empire in India.
More in this article: Edwina Mountbatten film starring Cate Blanchett is cancelled (From Daily Echo)

Old 11-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am extremely disappointed that the film has been cancelled. I was looking forward to it very much. Cate Blanchett would have been wonderful as Edwina, and I would have liked to see Hugh Grant tackle Dickie. Clever writing and direction and acting could have overcome the lack of on-screen kissing and declarations of love between Edwina and Jawahar.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Courtier

Canadian TV documentary: "After Elizabeth II: Monarchy in Peril"

http://www.nationalpost.com/rss/story.html?id=2207968
"Windsor weary: New doc wonders where the monarchy is headed."
Old 11-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Unseen colour 3D film of Queen's Coronation to be broadcast for first time - Telegraph
Old 02-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

A Wife For William.

A 4oD program i've just found.

A Wife for William - 4oD - Channel 4
Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Courtier

I've read on MSN Cinema that accordin to Ok Magasine, Kate Beckinsale could be Princess Margaret in a movie called "The Princess And The Gangster".
A movie about the alleged affair between the princess and the actor/gangster John Bindon.

¬*MSN Cinema
Old 03-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I found a short report about the Queen and her German visits of Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert. Its very interesting:

DasErste.de - [Royalty] - Die Queen in Deutschland - Ein RŁckblick
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:24 AM
Commoner

"Painting Her Majesty The Queen" - Rolf Harris, BBC 2006

I just watched the BBC documentary on Rolf Harris' portrait of the Queen. I remember watching this same doco on the ABC a couple of years ago and being astounded when the Queen said "nope" and "yep" to Harris. It's a fascinating interview and really the most personal one that I've seen. I highly recommend it. He's amazingly chatty, so is the Queen for that matter.

For those who are interested you can watch the documentary on YouTube, in several parts.

It also contains interviews with people who have painted other portraits of the Queen.

I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place. I searched but couldn't find another thread for this particular documentary.

Here is the website for the TV series.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Courtier

The Princess and the Press - How Kate's Life Will Change Forever

It may seem like a dream come true for the soon to be Princess. But will the press make it a nightmare?

TV DOCUMENTARY
CHANNEL 5 - UK
Tuesday, 21 December 2010
Time 20.00 - 21.00 [1 hour]
[/COLOR]
Old 01-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Recently got it for Christmas anyone remember it with Victoria Hamilton and Johnathan Firth.
From 2001 anyone seen it got it for Christmas it was a great gift
Old 01-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes I have seen it, but I prefer the actors who portray Victoria and Albert in Edward the 7th ( known as Edward the King here in the US).
But V& A is a wonderful movie too.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:35 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen- TLC Docudrama

An ad came on TV tonight for a 2 hour docudrama about the life and reign of QE2 to air on TLC sometime in Feb.
But I do not think it is new, it is the same title and the actors looked similar to a 4 part BBC docudrama I have on DVD that aired in the UK 2 years ago.
I think this is the US premiere of that. Could be different program though so worth a heads-up!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you roseroyal for the heads up. I will make sure I set my TV to record it.
It should be interesting to watch as Queen Elizabeth seems to be a fascinating person.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

2nite Ovation TV is airing a new special on Diana Princess of Wales, a special on Wills & Kate, and a 2 hr documentary on William' s life.
It all starts at 5:00 PST in the U.S.
Ovation is also airing new specials on the British Royals starting at 5:00 PM PST 2nite thru Sat. night
And Sat. night is devoted to new specials about the Princess of Wales! I know when I am watching!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
Thank you roseroyal for the heads up. I will make sure I set my TV to record it.
It should be interesting to watch as Queen Elizabeth seems to be a fascinating person.
You are welcome. Wish I could remember the date of the program. Seems to me it is sometime in the middle of the month.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:28 AM
Administrator

BBC: A History of Royal Weddings

Received from the BBC
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From the BBC History website, their latest collection: 'A History of Royal Weddings':

BBC - A History of Royal Weddings (pictures, video, facts & news)

There's pages and embeddable archive clips for each of the major British royal weddings from the last 100 years,

from
George VI's in 1923:

Duke of York & Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon 1923

to
Charles and Diana in 1981:

Prince of Wales & Lady Diana Spencer 1981

and
Engagement clips for William and Catherine
:

Prince William & Catherine Middleton Engagement 2010

Simon Delafond | BBC Vision MPP - History
MC3 A4, Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, London, W12 7TQ
Old 04-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Royal Highness

The Blighty Channel which airs in the UK is showing a series of documentaries in the lead up to the Royal Wedding.
Details below:

Blighty
Old 05-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Serene Highness

Monarchy: Royal Family at Work

PBS is showing an older documentary about the British Royal Family at work - it's fascimating. I know it's not being shown everywhere, but if it's here in HI, it's on the mainland as well.

I wasn't sure where to put this post, couldn't see discussion about this excellent documentary series elsewhere - mods please move to better place.

Everyone else: don't miss it!
Old 06-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Gentry

One of the best documentaries on the British family I can think of is "Elizabeth R" made in 1992 for the 40th anniversary of Her Majesty's ascention. The amount you hear off the record is astounding, especially from Her Majesty. In this documentary we hear her admit to having a diary but not as detailed as Queen Victoria's. Individual clips of this documentary can be found on YouTube, but I do not know how to upload videos or if there are any legal complications, all I know is that the person who posts them is called "reelsarency" and I am eternally grateful to whoever they are for these gems of royal life. It is an amazing documentary.

Tags
haakon vii, maud, olav v