The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Die Windsors - Triumpf und Tragödie

On 14. April 2009 ZDF will broadcast another royal serie. Its called "Die Windsors - Triumpf und Tragödie" (The Windsors - triumpf and tragedy). It will last 3 parts.

The broadcasting dates are:

14.04.2009, 20:15
Fluch des Erstgeborenen (Oath of the firstborn)

21.04.2009, 20:15
Schicksal der ewigen Thronfolger (Destiny of the eternal successors)

26.04.2009; 20:15
Schreckensjahre einer Königin (Horroryears of a queen)

http://www.wunschliste.de/links.pl?s=13612

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Vhs video william and kate

Video: A Royal Romance » British Royal Wedding

William and Kate - A Royal Romance
5 Part Video

If you cannot see pictures (only sound) just install FREE
ADOBE FLASH PLAYER (only takes 60 second to load) and then video should play fine.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Aristocracy

ZDF Royal

Vorschau: ZDFroyal am 14.04.2009
Die Windsors - Triumph und Tragödie (1/3)

Teil 2: Dienstag, 21.04.2009, 20:15 Uhr
Teil 3: Sonntag, 26.04.2009, 23:35 Uhr
Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here are some information about the first part of "The Windsors" broadcasted on ZDF tomorrow at 20:15

ZDF.de - ZDFroyal
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some information about part two of "The Windsors" - tomorrow 20:15

ZDF.de - ZDFroyal
Old 07-15-2009, 05:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here are some videos about the ZDF serie "Ein Jahr mit der Königin" - (One year with the Queen)

Part 01: Die Windsors, Teil 1
Part 02: Die Windsors, Teil 2

Some informations about this serie:

General: ZDFroyal - ZDF.de
Part 01: ZDF.de - Hinter den Kulissen von Buckingham Palace
Part 02: ZDF.de - Die Königin und ihr Volk
Part 03: ZDF.de - Das Staatsoberhaupt
Part 04: ZDF.de - Im Auftrag Ihrer Majestät
A quiz about the Windsors: Quiz
Interviews: Hinter den Kulissen der Windsor-Dynastie
Picture gallery: Die Windsors - ein Leben für die Krone
Old 07-15-2009, 05:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here are some information about the serie "Die Windsors - Triumph und Tragödie"

General: ZDFroyal - ZDF.de
Video about Part 01: Die Windsors, Teil 1
Video about Part 02: Der ewige Thronfolger
Video about Part 03: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/conte...n_Z,392/730198

Gallery 01: Die Windsors - ein Leben für die Krone
Gallery 02: William und Kate
Making-of: ZDF.de - Die Queen aus Coburg
History from Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha to the Windsors: ZDF.de - Die deutschen Wurzeln der Windsors
Old 08-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Just watched a fascinating documentary on the National Geographic channel called "Britain's Nazi King?". It explores the Nazi sympathies of King Edward VIII, and the woman who would become his wife, Wallis Simpson.

The producers analyzed British intelligence and FBI records which have just been declassified. Edward was vehemently against the war with Germany, and threatened to tear up the Treaty of Versailles. The producers claim that Edward's love affair with the twice-divorced Simpson was not the entire reason behind his abdication.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Aristocracy

Queen Mother Compilation

Archival footage of the late Queen Mother(courtesy ITN source) - the sound is muted on some clips because of copyright/ownership but it's still an excellent chronicle of her life in the British royal family.

Queen Mother Compilation
Old 09-11-2009, 06:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

The BBC has commissioned Tiger Aspect Productions to make a one-off drama set against the backdrop of the 1981 marriage of Prince Charles and Lady Diana.

C21Media:
Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

This would be a very interesting documentary to watch. Perhaps it'll show up on YouTube one day, which is probably the only way I'd get to see it.

In the meantime, here's a clip from the National Geographic site. http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ideos/07013_00

I suppose it's better for an abdicated monarch to be known for wanting to marry an unsuitable woman than to be known as a potential traitor. During the mid-30s, I doubt that very few actually wanted another war with Germany. However, not wanting a war and having a possible traitor on the throne are two different things entirely.

Do you know when these documents were declassified?

Thank you very much for the info, sgl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Just watched a fascinating documentary on the National Geographic channel called "Britain's Nazi King?". It explores the Nazi sympathies of King Edward VIII, and the woman who would become his wife, Wallis Simpson.

The producers analyzed British intelligence and FBI records which have just been declassified. Edward was vehemently against the war with Germany, and threatened to tear up the Treaty of Versailles. The producers claim that Edward's love affair with the twice-divorced Simpson was not the entire reason behind his abdication.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
This would be a very interesting documentary to watch. Perhaps it'll show up on YouTube one day, which is probably the only way I'd get to see it.
This was also shown on Channel 5. July 16th 2009, I believe it was a repeat.
Quote:
The historical documentary series continues. Edward VIII is popularly remembered as the king who gave up the throne for the woman he loved. Yet his reputation has been tarnished by revelations that Hitler planned to install him as a pro-Nazi king in the event of a German occupation of Britain. Newly released FBI files reveal the extent to which Edward was distrusted by the British and US governments, and the risk he posed to the war effort
Britain's Nazi King - Revealed - TV pick of the day for July 16th
Old 09-12-2009, 04:02 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Cate Blanchett will play Edwina Countess Mountbatten of Burma in upcoming movie "Indian summer":

Cate Blanchett to play Lady Mountbatten in Indian Summer- Hindustan Times

Cate Blanchett to be Lady Mountbatten?: Rediff.com movies
Old 09-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
This would be a very interesting documentary to watch... Do you know when these documents were declassified?
I can't remember the exact year. For some reason, I think it was 2004. It was definitely within this decade. The documentary states the year, but my husband accidentally deleted it from our TiVo. I'm hoping that it will air again, as it was an excellent documentary.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Super RTL is broadcasting today at 20:15 (I guess) a documentary about the life of Princess Diana. It is called "Die Königin der Herzen - Diana und die Zukunft der Windsors" - "The Queen of the hearts - Diana and the future of the Windsors".

Cinefacts.de - TV Programm | | Die Königin der Herzen | Diana und die Zukunft der Windsors | Menschen
Old 09-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Cate Blanchett will play Edwina Countess Mountbatten of Burma in upcoming movie "Indian summer"
I've only just found this post. What exciting news! I have a particular interest in the history of the British in India and the transition period, and I'm reading "Indian Summer" at the moment. And I am also very fond of "our Cate". This is indeed something for me to look forward to.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:46 PM

I have the 'Britain's Nazi King' documentary, along with several others. Does anyone have any of the Channel 4 documentaries from the last few years? ie.
The Queen Mother in Love
Hitler's Favourite Royal
The Queen's Uncle

Message me if you can help...
Old 10-03-2009, 06:01 AM
Heir Apparent

BBC4 recently showed a documentary called "Balmoral".
BBC - BBC Four Programmes - Balmoral

I stumbled across it on iplayer and thought it was quite informative to those who may not be aware of the history of the building (like me).

Did anybody else see it?
Old 10-03-2009, 06:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't know if this has been posted before.
The five faces of the Queen: Emilia Fox among actresses to play monarch in new drama | Mail Online

I am really looking forward to it.

Tags
haakon vii, maud, olav v