The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-29-2015, 11:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: Premieres Tuesday, September 1, 2015 on PBS (USA)
Queen Elizabeth II-

Follow Queen Elizabeth II’s remarkable life from youth through her 60-year reign.
In Their Own Words | PBS Programs | PBS

Sneak Peek of Queen Elizabeth on PBS's New In Their Own Words : People.com
Thank you for letting us know! Can't wait to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Thank you!! We watch a lot of PBS, but not seen anything about this as of yet.. Will have to remember to watch this, which considering my Jays are red hot and in the middle of an American League East Pennant Race w/the New York Yankees....I hope I can remember it's coming on, at the same time...

I saw upthread someone asking about Documentaries about King George V and Queen Mary's other children. There is an excellent one about poor Prince John over at YouTube. On the iPadd, so can't link, but it's called Prince John : The Tragic Secret of the Windsors.

Another excellent one about a very much neglected Windsor Family Member I also stumbled on over there, is one about King GeorgeV's late Brother Prince Albert Victor, but known as Eddy. It's called Prince Eddy : The King We Never Had.

Thought I'd add those for those interested. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Excellent! There's no such thing as too many Royal documentaries, at least for me, the history nerd. I'll be sure to check this out.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:27 PM

On Tour With The Queen documentary

A major four-part series broadcast on UK television on Channel 4 in 2009. The series retraces the journey taken by Queen Elizabeth II on her Coronation Tour of the Commonwealth in 1953-4.
It is presented by the actor and playwright Kwame Kwei-Armah]who visits 11 countries across 5 continents.

I really wants to watch episode 03 of this documentary, which is covered the Queen's visit of Ceylon in 1954. Please help me to find this episode.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent

In 2014 Channel 4 removed all its full length programmes from YouTube including presumably its TV series. So unless someone on Twitter has it (you could appeal and see if someone somewhere recorded The Queen on Tour series and has an episode to lend,) that resource is gone.

However Channel 4 did explain why it did so, and also pointed to other outlets here.

Channel 4 removes full-length programmes from YouTube - BBC Newsbeat
Old 06-23-2016, 10:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Cameraman to the Queen-
https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...hrtab-860&tt=b

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-19-2016, 05:14 PM
Majesty

Screen Queens: British Monarchs in TV & Film - On demand
Old 02-18-2017, 03:25 AM
Majesty

How the House of Windsor has ruthlessly overcome crisis | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-22-2017, 05:31 PM
Majesty

The Royal House of Windsor was an fascinating look inside the mind of Edward VIII: episode 1 review
Old 02-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Documentary looks at family troubles of Queen Elizabeth | Daily Mail Online

8pm Tonight on Channel 5-
http://www.channel5.com/show/inside-windsor-castle/

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is nothing in this documentary, that we haven't heard before.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:24 AM
Majesty

Royal House Of Windsor SHOCKS with rare archive footage of Queen Elizabeth | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk
Old 03-29-2017, 11:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal House of Windsor reveals details about Prince Charles' affair | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-30-2017, 08:18 AM
Nobility

I have not watched every episode but I am struck by the access that the documentary makers have been given to the papers of living royals, namely Prince Charles and Prince Philip.

Tags
haakon vii, maud, olav v