The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yeah, I noticed the King's other siblings weren't mentioned and the focus remained on Edward VIII. George VI and Queen Elizabeth.

I would like to see a film made about King George V and Queen Mary and their family.
The only documentary/films made about George and Mary I can think of are The Lost Prince by Stephen Poliakoff (predominantly about Prince John) and King George and Queen Marry: The Royals Who Rescued The Monarchy both made by the BBC.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed the King's other siblings weren't mentioned and the focus remained on Edward VIII. George VI and Queen Elizabeth.

I would like to see a film made about King George V and Queen Mary and their family.
I dont think there is a better documentary on lives/family of george V and mary than.."George V and Mary: Royals who rescued Monarchy".. But even in that there is hardly any focus on the "other children"..Its all David and Bertie..
See it happens anywhere..tell me which royal documentary on EII's reign/family focusses on Anne/Andrew/Edward..Same..they are all side-kicks.unless there is a spicy scandal/controversy/shady life no one is interested in them. If Margaret quietly married and lived a "normal" life she too would have passe off quietly..All the documentaries on her are just becuse of her "other than normal" life..

Old 12-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Administrator

"King George and Queen Mary: The Royals Who Rescued the Monarchy"

BBC 2011
Parts 1 and 2

Old 12-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Majesty

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 01-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Majesty

If you haven't already seen this documentary, I hope you get a chance to sit back and watch it now. This documentary not only tell you about the love story of the late King & Queen but it includes the most amazing and rarely seen photos and reels of Their Majesty's and the princesses Elizabeth & Margaret. Albert & Elizabeth really tried to present a real family unit to the British people and Empire. They took their young children with them to a great deal of official engagements and official tours. You could really see the closeness of the family and how they enjoyed going about their official duties as a family.

I hope we see a little of the King & Queen's influence in the Cambridge's when they come to the throne.

Documentary:
King George VI & Queen Elizabeth: A Royal Love Story-
Documentary about George VI and his wife Elizabeth, King and Queen consort of the United Kingdom and the British Dominions. The story of Albert (his name before he became King) and Elizabeth, is one of goodness growing into greatness. In a short reign, just 14 years, they created an ideal of the British Royal Family. This documentary examines the legacy they built, a legacy that lives on in the way that their eldest daughter, Queen Elizabeth II, rules today-
King George VI & Queen Elizabeth - YouTube

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 03-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Majesty

Video:
Countryfile- A Royal Appointment:

The Highgrove Estate in Gloucestershire has been the family home of the Prince of Wales for more than 30 years. Situated in the heart of the Cotswolds near Tetbury, the estate includes 1,100 acres of farmland, known as Duchy Home Farm. The Prince himself refers to it as `Old MacDonald's Farm' because there's a bit of everything. It's a mix of arable and livestock, all run organically. Like any farm there are jobs to do all year round from harvesting in late summer to calving in winter -- all managed by David Wilson. And, as Adam discovered, the Prince's farm is just like his -- with good days and bad-

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Majesty

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Majesty

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Majesty

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Courtier

Tales from the Royal Wardrobe with Lucy Worsley

Old 07-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post

This is just fascinating. Thanks for sharing it w/us!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Majesty

I watched the program live and I think it made a point in that there's always been a fascination with royalty and their fashionable wardrobe. The era and technology as changed but the fascination with the royals and their fashion remains relevant to this day.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Majesty

The Royal Paintbox: September 12th 2014- 10/9c PBS-
Video: The Royal Paintbox: Coming September 12th | Watch PBS Arts Online | PBS Video

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-19-2014, 10:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Thank you for the heads up about this. Can't wait, as I think learning more about Prince Charles and his method of painting w/Watercolour should be fascinating, as he truly does have a really good eye for light and colour. Plus working w/Watercolours is not the easiest method of painting to do period.

I have a copy of his book of Watercolours he put out a number of years ago and there's one of Windsor Castle he did that I'd love to have a framed copy of on my wall. The detail, the lighting...It's just gorgeous!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
During September, channel CBC will be showing five brand new documentaries focusing on different members of the royal family for ‘Royals Month’ on the Canadian channel. These enlightening documentaries will reveal more to audiences about the lives of the royals through exclusive interviews with some members of the royal family, commentators and staff members.
‘Royals Month’ begins this Friday. More information about each documentary can be found below:
Preview: Five new documentaries for ‘Royals Month’ on CBC

Remember that life is made up of loyalty: loyalty to your friends; loyalty to things beautiful and good; loyalty to the country in which you live; loyalty to your King; and above all, for this holds all other loyalties together, loyalty to God.
Queen Mary, Buckingham Palace, 23rd March 1923.

Tags
haakon vii, maud, olav v