British Royal Family: Documentaries, DVDs, Films and TV shows

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you're right. I admire Meghan very much but in retrospect I sometimes wonder if she did too much too soon. I suspect she was eager to use her new position to promote the causes she cares deeply about (very admirable on her part) and jumped right in headfirst. But maybe it would've been better if she'd taken a few baby steps and accustomed herself to the British (and royal) way of doing things first. Try something out, wait for the reaction, then try something else, and wait for the reaction, etc. But I suppose then she might have been criticized for not doing enough. And she clearly wasn't prepared for the tabloid media.

I sometimes wonder how much guidance and advice the "new" royals receive. I was baffled when Meghan appeared with the Queen at a public event and didn't even know if she or the Queen should enter the car first. Didn't anyone think to go over that with her?

Very good points.
I also think Meghan did too much too soon. She had the right intentions, she should have taken her time exactly as you say. Ok she might have been criticised for not doing enough as others have but it would have been better for her in the long run. Easing her in would have been a way to protect her.

When you're ready to stop the straw man tactics and actually address what we are saying I'll be waiting.

Similar to Sarah and Diana, American sympathized with them and embraced them while Britain saw them as a problem (off and on with Diana). It's really sad that Meghan and Harry have gone a Diana route and want to air their laundry in public. America has no power over what the British press do

XeniaCasaraghi,

I said what I had to say. The very idea that people are twisting all of this around and blaming the victim really sickens the hell out of me. Everybody and their mama can see this is a racist and xenophobic campaign against Meghan.

I’m not going to take part in downplaying, sugarcoat and just simply ignore what’s really going on here. At the end of the day, these are real people’s lives that people are playing around with. I don’t get too caught up in the petty hoopla over the royals wealth, titles, castles and royal roles and duties. They are human beings first and human beings shouldn’t be bullied. Period.

Place the blame where it belongs —ON THE BULLIES!!!

Last edited:
Very good points.
I also think Meghan did too much too soon. She had the right intentions, she should have taken her time exactly as you say. Ok she might have been criticised for not doing enough as others have but it would have been better for her in the long run. Easing her in would have been a way to protect her.

I don't think that would have changed anything. If she had taken time to ease into things she would have been accused of being lazy and using taxpayer money on top of everything else.

I also don't think she has done too much, she has been able to really help some charities in the UK, it would be a shame that they would have missed out on that simply because the British media has no integrity.

I don't think that would have changed anything. If she had taken time to ease into things she would have been accused of being lazy and using taxpayer money on top of everything else.

I also don't think she has done too much, she has been able to really help some charities in the UK, it would be a shame that they would have missed out on that simply because the British media has no integrity.

British media? I wasn’t aware that integrity is the goal of the media in any country these days. It’s all about politics, agendas and greed. I hope we can all agree on that.

I think you're right. I admire Meghan very much but in retrospect I sometimes wonder if she did too much too soon. I suspect she was eager to use her new position to promote the causes she cares deeply about (very admirable on her part) and jumped right in headfirst. But maybe it would've been better if she'd taken a few baby steps and accustomed herself to the British (and royal) way of doing things first. Try something out, wait for the reaction, then try something else, and wait for the reaction, etc. But I suppose then she might have been criticized for not doing enough. And she clearly wasn't prepared for the tabloid media.

I sometimes wonder how much guidance and advice the "new" royals receive. I was baffled when Meghan appeared with the Queen at a public event and didn't even know if she or the Queen should enter the car first. Didn't anyone think to go over that with her?

I am asking myself, how could Meghan not be prepared for the tabloid media, marrying Diana's son? Her british friends warned her, she said. There are hundreds or thousands of examples out there what the british tabloids have done to people, if you do some research.
I think the problem was that Meghan tought it would not apply to her, successful as she was, marrying Dianas son and thought she knew how to handle being a Princess, a position that would put her virtues on a global stage, but forgetting about an audience that is not only on TV but in flesh. For british taste, she came across as really full of herself, Harry either didn't know better or was unable to reign her in. She either was immune to adivce or the rest of the BRF gave up/was reigned in by Harry/left it to him.
I think the BRF/their advisors will help, but if you put them off, either because you think you know better or don't like what they say because you think it's from another planet then they will let you hang out to dry.

For british taste, she came across as really full of herself

Not merely that, but to do 'woe is me' whilst standing in the 5th poorest Nation on the Planet, plays very badly.. it is that that has most be commented on, and not in her favour...

I finally got to see the documentary and I have no issues with it. Harry and Meghan said what they said. To me it seems they have had enough and are going to fight back. Harry has made it clear he is going to fight for his family.

Something Meghan said that has stuck with me is when she said I expected criticism but I expected it to be fair. So the private planes, baby shower (again thrown by her friends) and whatever work related things you want to add fine. But straight (almost) out of compton, exotic blood, downfall of the monarchy, Archie a monkey, threats, etc. Not to mention a family, with the exception of Doria, is problematic. That, imho, is not fair. Meghan cannot change the fact she was an actress, she has some famous friends, she is American, she doesn't come from a perfect family and she is Black.

It seems a portion of the tabloids want to punish her for being herself. The only way this is going to end is The Queen of Charles will have to make a very strong exception to never complain, never explain. Meghan leaves Harry. Then the tabloids can write forever about how much damage Meghan did.

I have seen the "African Journey" now and what the reporter was doing, that was simple british documentary craftsmanship: To reveal the person behind the persona.

And either Maghan and Harry were not prepared for it, not briefed enough... I don't know: The did not make a "Bella Figura".

They came across as self-pitying somehow...:ermm:

I mean everybody looks good and like a person with a heart, who volunteers to visit a township and mine-victims and so on. But every time the reporter turned the interviews into something personal, they made a very insecure, unprepared impression.

I have said it before on these forums, I liked and still like Meghan, but that does not mean I am blind to some of the mis steps that her and Harry have taken.
I am not going to re hash old stories, I have brexit to worry about ( that is a joke by the way ) but they have not been perfect and have received criticism, so much of which could have been avoided.
Everything they touch turns into a drama, followed by negative publicity.
I hope they are unaware of anybody speaking to CNN on their behalf. The comment is probably what some people think maybe even say but not to be made by them or anybody speaking on their behalf.

Prince William & Prince Harry ABC Movie (2002):

Queen Victoria & the Victorian Era Documentary

Elizabeth R is a 1992 television documentary film about Queen Elizabeth II. It was produced by the BBC and directed by Edward Mirzoeff. It was the first officially approved documentary about the British monarchy since Royal Family (1969).

Has anyone seen this 42:30 minutes 'Princess Catherine - A Queen in waiting' by RoyaltyTV? Is it worth the watch?

They've got other ones as well:

About the 'no nonsense Princess Anne':

and about Prince William, the future of the monarchy:

I watched The Coronation Year last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! There were so many lovely behind the scenes moments of The King and Queen together as well as with their families. Loved seeing them rehearsing with their pages and the scenes of celebration when they arrived back to the palace after the coronation. Highly recommend!

I enjoyed it too. The interview with Camilla’s sister was especially interesting for the comments she made about their relationship. I liked the focus on the reworking of the crowns including the caps for the linings by the milliner Philip Treacy .

Just finished the documentary. Normally, I multitask while watching television, but this documentary drew me in. I was touched by Anne's comments about the late queen's death, particularly when she revealed that Queen Elizabeth didn't want to inconvenience people by passing away in Scotland. I also enjoyed Charles and Camilla's sense of humor.

Having just watched the documentary, I am confident that the BRF aren't going to slip into obscurity anytime soon! Its wonderful to see (again) the huge numbers of spectators and the goodwill that flowed from them to KC and QC. The family interactions, particularly as they came back from the coronation were a delight. What a fascinating documentary!

I just watched this documentary on Youtube. Youtube. It was really great seeing this behind the scenes look!

Last edited:
Thanks, I really enjoyed it. Great that everything has fallen into place, the part of the family that featured in this docu seems to have found peace with each other, live and let live.
I have utmost respect for the life achievement of Charles, and hats off to their commitment when you see two elderly people who normally would think of retiring but can't. Charles clearly draws energy from what he does, may it stay with him for many more years!

The first photos from 'Scoop' the upcoming Prince Andrew Netflix drama which is based on the infamous 2019 BBC Newsnight interview with the Duke of York have been released.

Gillian Anderson stars as the BBC Newsnight interviewer, Emily Maitlis and Rufus Sewell as the Duke of York.
As of today no release date has been set for Scoop.

https://news.sky.com/story/scoop-fi...nterview-with-the-bbcs-emily-maitlis-13064632

The first photos from 'Scoop' the upcoming Prince Andrew Netflix drama which is based on the infamous 2019 BBC Newsnight interview with the Duke of York have been released.

Gillian Anderson stars as the BBC Newsnight interviewer, Emily Maitlis and Rufus Sewell as the Duke of York.
As of today no release date has been set for Scoop.

https://news.sky.com/story/scoop-fi...nterview-with-the-bbcs-emily-maitlis-13064632
I have to admit that I was a bit surprised when I first read that Rufus Sewell would be portraying Prince Andrew. However this might be a better choice than I originally thought.

The Royal Fairytale Love Story - Prince William & Kate Middleton - Absolute History:

Back
Top Bottom