Barbara Walters Special on the Windsors ("A Year with The Queen" edited) 2008 - ABC

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zembla

Courtier
City
Camden
Country
United States
Barbara Walters Special on the Windsors ("A Year with The Queen" edited) 2008 - ABC

Barbara Walters announced on The View today that she has an upcoming special on the Royal Family this coming Monday. :flowers: She said she will have interviews.

looks like the documentary from the BBC

Barbara Walters announced on The View today that she has an upcoming special on the Royal Family this coming Monday. :flowers: She said she will have interviews.

I saw an ad for that during her Academy Awards special. The footage looks like what bits I've seen from the BBC Year in the Life documentary--the Annie Leibovitz photo session part was shown. I wonder if that is the main part special and then she just added more interview sessions? We'll see.

Yes, its on next Monday evening. Look for to see some clips from the Year with the Royals" documentary.

Which Royal family? The Windsors or all of them?

Just the Windsors.

I saw The View too (don't know why I watch that show, it irritates me so badly, some of the hosts are so ignorant) and I had the impression from what Barbara said, that it's mostly clips from the documentary and then she has filmed a few added bits around Buckingham Palace, etc. I didn't get the impression that SHE actually interviewed anyone.

I saw an ad for that during her Academy Awards special. The footage looks like what bits I've seen from the BBC Year in the Life documentary--the Annie Leibovitz photo session part was shown. I wonder if that is the main part special and then she just added more interview sessions? We'll see.

Yeah...it sounds like she added in her own bits. She did attempt to get an interview with The Queen but it didn't happen.

Just the Windsors.

I saw The View too (don't know why I watch that show, it irritates me so badly, some of the hosts are so ignorant) and I had the impression from what Barbara said, that it's mostly clips from the documentary and then she has filmed a few added bits around Buckingham Palace, etc. I didn't get the impression that SHE actually interviewed anyone.

Totally agree. On the very rare occasion that I watch The View, I am forced to email them about how stupid they are.

Barbara will probably do the same thing as she did with the Diana interview and spin it like it was her doing.

THANK YOU ALL!!!! I saw the clip during the Oscars and could NOT find it anywhere on ABC.com.. So it is this Monday night.. thank you all again!!

:)

Which Royal family? The Windsors or all of them?

Indeed...LOL! Don't you just love the way the American press talks about "THE Royal Family" as if there is only one??! Jeesh. I know that the BRF is the one most known by people in the US but Europe has much more than one. I wish we could see a special on some of the others...I feel like I already know a little more than I want about the British Royals!

I'll watch it...but I'll tune out Barbara Walters because she is such a schnob and cwan't prownounce annithang cworrectly...

Yep, watching Good Morning America this morning confirmed this show is edited from the 5 hour BBC Year in the Life documentary. I would rather watch the 5 hours on PBS or so rather than watch "Baba Wawa" preach on her own commentary. As if I cared what she thinks about the British Royal Family. Yes, I would like to see other Royals covered on American TV but it seems our networks are Anglophiles. Some cable networks do run other shows but it is rare. I'd like to see coverage of Spain and other European nations, Japan and Asia and the Middle East. We have practically zero coverage in English of any Middle Eastern/Asian monarchy on Atlanta cable channels, would have to scan Japanese channels for any mention of their RF.

Who makes you tell people that they are stupid>

Yeah...it sounds like she added in her own bits. She did attempt to get an interview with The Queen but it didn't happen.
That might be a good thing, she might ask HM if she was a twee, what kind of twee would she be?

I wish she would broaden her horizons. Other royal families are just as interesting, if not more than the House of Windsor. And I think those who have an interest in royals would be just as interested if say it were a special on the Scandinavian Houses. British royals are so 'mainstream'...:D

That might be a good thing, she might ask HM if she was a twee, what kind of twee would she be?

Babwa Waltaws...what a veteran she is!

Last edited:
Well, the original that Barbar Walters is using to make her 2 hour show, was 5.5 hours long. Does anyone know where I might get a copy of the full documentary?

:Dthanks for this thread!! i even watched the Oscars and i missed the preview, and i hate the view, so thanks for binging this to mine/everyones attention!!!

I just watched the preview on ABC News: Online news, breaking news, feature stories and more and was overwhelmed with pain for Her Majesty The Queen during the photoshoot! The "photographer" wanted to bring a horse into Buckingham Palace in which to pose Her Majesty on while wearing the Garter Robes...no wonder heads rolled at the BeeBeeCee...somebody had to be a scapegoat...ouch!

I was hoping this would be the 'Year in the Life...' BBC documentary but I guess its just bits and pieces chosen by Barbara. I hope she won't do too much talking - it takes time away from the documetary.

Would the Queen ever wear her Garter Robes while mounted on a horse? Don't think so -- what brain surgeon would come up with such a demented idea.

Reminds me of the scene in The Princess Diaries when Julie Andrews walks around wearing a crown and a business suit. Now, what queen in real life would do that??

People who don't pay attention to these matters have some of the weirdest ideas.

Anyone watching Meet The Royals tonight?

I think that is what it is called. Here in the States there is a 20/20 news media show that comes on every week.

Well, tonight is the special where the royal family allowed themselves to be filmed for an extended period of time. I think that it was almost a year that the cameras followed them around. Well, from the clips it does look interesting.:)

I don't know if this show willbe played outside of the states.

I'm going to watch! Sounds really interesting. Thanks for the post!

P.S. Its starts at 8:00 pm on ABC.

I totally forgot about it/

I heard about this show last year. & I was just channel hopping & saw the clip of it.

Too bad it wasn't 3 hours. ;)

I'll watch it if I feel up to it. I've been feeling fine, but I'm afraid that I might be coming down with the flu. Hopefully its just a bad cold.

But I've been looking forward to the program for a while, so like I said, I will if I can.

You can watch the British version on youtube.com

I'll watch it if I feel up to it. I've been feeling fine, but I'm afraid that I might be coming down with the flu. Hopefully its just a bad cold.

But I've been looking forward to the program for a while, so like I said, I will if I can.
Good luck with that! I had the flu for a week and spent six days in bed. I am trying to catch up on my work.
As for tonight I have been waiting forever and can't wait for exactly 42 minutes to come.

I'm watching now. The queen seems so down to earth!

Back
Top Bottom