The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2007, 08:07 AM

Well, regardless of how rude Annie was HM is never wrong.

My book to accompany the series arrived the other day and is excellent, lots of behind the scenes details and photos of state invitations etc.

God Save The Queen!

Old 12-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
The point I was making was that the row was that the Beeb had painted the Queen in a negative light by altering the running order of the footage. Well, the real running order still made the Queen look like a miserable old boot without any interference from Aunty. So what was the fuss about? I think we've all been had in a clever attempt to cover up a darker side of Betty.
I wonder if anyone calls her Betty...I totally would...

Old 12-10-2007, 05:01 PM

Impressions of Episode 3;

1) The Queen's Press Officer is a bit of a moody cow.
2) The British Ambassador in Estonia seems to be married to Su Pollard.

The redeeming part was a full 5 minutes focusing on Vaira Vike-Freiberga who spoke about monarchy, the Queen and Latvia. Faaaaaaaabulous!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
1) The Queen's Press Officer is a bit of a moody cow.
Agreed!

My favourite episode remains the first one - I loved the American insight and the interviews with Laura Bush!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:32 PM

Wasn't she just ghastly? "How dare you?!" and all that guff. The only thing she didn't bark was "Don't you know who I am?". Typical Palace flunkie - seems to think she's more Royal than her boss.

I agree with you, seeing Mrs Bush was a real treat. Such a wonderful First Lady.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I agree with you, seeing Mrs Bush was a real treat. Such a wonderful First Lady.
I liked the part where she was showing the private apartments, and preparing for the private lunch by choosing appropriate crockery etc. Also, she seemed really family orientated when she said her first priority when moving to The White House was getting her girls settled by decorating their rooms first.

Although I have enjoyed the series, I thought it would show more members of the royal family out and about. I hoped to see more of Camilla and Sophie doing their daily duties. Oh well, maybe next week...
Old 12-10-2007, 05:43 PM

I agree, the First Lady came across as very friendly, very thoughtful and very considerate. I've always said she was a credit to the USA, the programme just confirmed it - just as it did tonight with Vaira.

I agree with you about the other members of the family not getting a look in - it sort of misses an opportunity to show what they do in supporting the monarch.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:55 AM

I really thought that The Ambassador's wife was great, so down to earth, though she could have done with getting her hair sorted out for the state occasions.

God Save The Queen!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Whenever HM talks or her gestures remind me so much of Prince Charles. He is very much like his Mommy! Again, I admire HM's stamina and discipline a lot. I hope she can live up to her own high standard for many more years to come.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree the ambassadors wife needed her hair done and it was so funny when she knocked over her chair

Love the family scenes the best. When the were waiting for the plypast and when the lift had broken and Prince Phillip and the Queen were trying to find a way to get the first lady of Ghana up the stairs.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:22 PM

Now, I must disagree about the Ambassador's wife. Mad as a box of frogs. A bit clumsy, not a snazzy dresser and a bit OTT - as I said, pure Su Pollard.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Now, I must disagree about the Ambassador's wife. Mad as a box of frogs. A bit clumsy, not a snazzy dresser and a bit OTT - as I said, pure Su Pollard.

BeatrixFan I couldnt agree more a complete nutcase but she was very funny in her own unique way especially when she knocked the chair over at the banquet the Queen just gave her this look of disgust

Old 12-19-2007, 02:03 PM

Thoughts on this week's episode;

1. Lovely to see Charles and Camilla down on the farm
2. The Queen was alot jollier this episode
3. Those 'Royal Watchers' should be shot. How embarrasing. One insisted on pestering the Queen twice and then shouted at the organisers 'cos they wanted to let schoolchildren meet the Queen. And that guy in the Union Jack suit! Grabbed the Queen, then bored her with tales of music and then gave her pictures of herself. Moron. Good job I'm not Queen, I'd have decked 'em.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Yep this week was quite interesting. C & C at the farm, that was great. The owners showed some imagination and named two cows after them
As for the events, the footie topic was quite eyecatching but I HATE all these corgies running around in Buckingham Palace when the Queen receives her guests. I wonder if she has employed a pitiful human being for cleaning the carpets only
The Royal Train should be abolished - only HM thinks that trains will go directly to Brighton in 45 minutes and commuting isn't as bad I appreciated that she went into that day care center though, very down to earth. Hope it wasn't for PR reasons only.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Royal Highness

How many episodes are there in total???? Will it be shown in the U.S.? I am SO ENVIOUS of all of you...Sam, great play by play comments by the way. :-)
Old 12-19-2007, 04:31 PM

I agree about the Royal Train. It is an extravagance that really isn't justified.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
How many episodes are there in total???? Will it be shown in the U.S.? I am SO ENVIOUS of all of you...Sam, great play by play comments by the way. :-)
Thankyou m'dear. I believe there are 4 episodes. If they're not shown in the US (which I doubt) I'm sure there'll be a DVD. Next week is following the other members of the Royal Family on their day to day rounds. Charles, Anne, Edward and Andrew all give interviews apparantly.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:39 PM

You can now pre-order the DVDs from either Amazon or the BBC shop, Amazon's cheaper!

God Save The Queen!

Old 12-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
You can now pre-order the DVDs from either Amazon or the BBC shop, Amazon's cheaper!
Bless you!! Thank you for letting me know.

Nicole
Old 12-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
Agreed--great play by play. Really wets the appetite.

I am hoping it will be shown here. I had read that ABC had bought the rights for the American showing possibly with Diane Sawyer hosting. So maybe a Primetime Special?? I guess with the writers strike and ABC running out of TV shows to put on..there is a chance we may see it soon?? Usually, these type of programs are shown on my state's PBS Channel.