The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-06-2007, 04:00 PM

Whatever the nature of the editing, I think we have to look at the fact that the Queen still comes across as miserable on the clips we've seen. "I've had enough of dressing up like this" - sorry Ma'am, that's what you're paid for. Similarly, "Less dressy? What do you think this is?" comes across as quite rude and totally at odds with the sweet old lady we're used to.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Whatever the nature of the editing, I think we have to look at the fact that the Queen still comes across as miserable on the clips we've seen. "I've had enough of dressing up like this" - sorry Ma'am, that's what you're paid for. Similarly, "Less dressy? What do you think this is?" comes across as quite rude and totally at odds with the sweet old lady we're used to.
I truly enjoyed reading your post.
Oh... You have got a new avatar.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Indeed, but I have never considered HM as a sweet old lady, she is a cross between Margaret (I AM a Princess) and her mother (cross me and you WILL know it)!

Love the avatar!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Dont belive that comes from Arrogance or anything though..hm
Old 10-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Courtier

Well, dear people, it does not come from arrogance, but from the fact that Elizabeth Windsor knows very well who she is. And so does every body else. A thoroughly decent, honest and capable woman, who is known to be kind. But at the same time, the fact that she has some sharp teeth and can use them does not bother me in the least as well as a sense of humour which the idiots appearently missed. Her distant relatives in the past were known to pack the peasants off to the Tower or worse for far less. That she is not a sweet little old lady is asbsolutely refreshing. So right on Lillibet. Go for it!!! Cheers.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Indeed, but I have never considered HM as a sweet old lady, she is a cross between Margaret (I AM a Princess) and her mother (cross me and you WILL know it)!
Neither have I. From most of what I read or heard about her as a child, a young woman, and later an adult, she is very aware of who she is and what she represents. And she sure as heck isn't going to take anything from anyone.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:13 AM

BBC scandal

I know it's a bit old news, but what do you think of the scandal that the BBC did when filming a documentary on the Queen (aka Queen behind the scenes)?
The controvery being that in the add for the documentary they switched the sequences where she's being insulted by Leibowitz and when she was coming to the shooting with the famous photographer. BBC claimed that she stormed out of the room, but it was actually her entery into the room.

I've seen the commercial and would LOVE to see the whole documentary. I believe this woman is funny, kind and just entertaining and we don't know her the we perhas should.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:43 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Talking A Year with the Queen turns into The Royal Family At Work

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | BBC to screen Queen documentary

The docu will be aired just before Xmas and got a new title.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:46 AM

You can now order the book which accompanies the series from the BBC shop and Amazon.

I got an e-mail from amazon today to say that the book has been delayed by the publishers and will arrive next week, this I presume is to tie in with the launch of the series which is next Monday night (26th November 2007) at 8.30p.m on BBC 1

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Royal Highness

Did anyone watch the first episode? How was it?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote View Post
Did anyone watch the first episode? How was it?
The first episode was OK though I do have to say we've seen it all before, Elizabeth R and The Queen at 80, some good interviews behind the scenes, I really enjoyed the interview with the social secretary at The British Embassy, and lets hope the rest of the series keeps up the standard of the 1st.

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

yes, she was lovely. I also liked the british embassy in washington, the veranda going to the backgarden with the black and white marble tiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
The first episode was OK though I do have to say we've seen it all before, Elizabeth R and The Queen at 80, some good interviews behind the scenes, I really enjoyed the interview with the social secretary at The British Embassy, and lets hope the rest of the series keeps up the standard of the 1st.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Overall I found it abit boring but still priceless to see HM and the Duke in action. They have my life long admiration for what they do and how they do it. Their stamina and discipline must be enourmous although they have done nothing else in their lives but this job. They are used to it but still an amazing performance for two people whose contemporaries will spend their days in a nursing home, struggling with health or mental problems.

For the first time I realized that HM is acually quite (or very) chubby. I thought she was slimmer. Her figure is more and more a lookalike to the figure of her mother Queen Mom. I hope HM will make it to 100+ years too.

Funny to see some inside view from the White House. Most people agree anyway that Bush is a jerk, he owes a lot to his wife, that's for sure!
Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Nobility

Will it air in the United States?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Nobility

I enjoyed the first episode. The preparation that goes into a state visit is amazing, and so time-consuming.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:48 PM

I just saw it. Quite boring, the Queen came across as a bit rude and offish and quite frankly, it made me more of a republican. Well done Beeb.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Courtier

They actually follow the whole royal family around...that's so funny...

I hope it ends up on youtube soon...
Old 11-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

ME TOO! thatd be awsome Ive never even heard many of them speak
Old 11-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

I thought it was an okay documentary but it didn't particulary offer any new insights into the Monarchy or the Queen/Duke. What it did do, however, was provide some interesting glimpses of life at the White House & America's take on the Queen.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Royal Highness

Will it be airing in the U.S? Thank you. :-)