The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-24-2015, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

A Royal Night Out (2015)

A Royal Night Out (2015)

A new movie set for release in May 2015,set on VE day 1945 which see's Princess Margaret and her sister Princess Elizabeth allowed out from Buckingham Palace for the night, where they encounter romance and danger!

Main Cast
Sarah Gadon as Princess Elizabeth
Emily Watson as Queen Elizabeth
Rupert Everett as King George VI
Bel Powley as Princess Margaret

A Royal Night Out (2015) - IMDb

Old 02-24-2015, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Well, if nothing else it should be a fun and entertaining film to watch and I'll certainly get tickets for it!

Old 02-24-2015, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I doubt it's all true but it seems fun and entertaining. BTW the resemblance of the 2 actresses to Elizabeth and Margaret is striking IMO
Old 02-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I've never heard of the 2 younger actresses playing Elizabeth and Margaret before.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, everyone someday starts his/her career.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I doubt it's all true but it seems fun and entertaining. BTW the resemblance of the 2 actresses to Elizabeth and Margaret is striking IMO
The movie is probably taking a special memory of the Queen and Margaret and writing a fictional story around it. I've read quite a few places where the princesses were able to go out and just mingle with the crowds that night and pretty much went unrecognized.

Its a movie I'd definitely like to see.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The movie is probably taking a special memory of the Queen and Margaret and writing a fictional story around it. I've read quite a few places where the princesses were able to go out and just mingle with the crowds that night and pretty much went unrecognized.

Its a movie I'd definitely like to see.
I knew about their night out But nobody can know what happened during that few ours out there. That's waht I meant
Old 02-24-2015, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I've never heard of the 2 younger actresses playing Elizabeth and Margaret before.
Sarah Gadon, who plays Princess Elizabeth, has been in several high profile movies including pretty much all of the recent David Cronenberg projects like A Dangerous Method, Cosmopolis and Maps to the Stars.
She started out working on Canadian television, most notably on the hit show Murdoch Mysteries.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:59 PM
Aristocracy

Probably uses a touch of dramatic license but looks a lot of fun!

I saw Bel Powley (who plays Margaret) in a play in London six/seven years ago. She was great.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:06 PM
Aristocracy

I'm sure it's highly fictionalized but I think I'll watch it anyway. Would be a fun couple of hours. I've read about the two princesses being allowed out to mingle with the masses on VE Day but I seriously doubt they were allowed to socialized with strangers or ride a bus or go to a dance party, alone. But the movie seems like harmless fun.

P.S.: These actresses look a bit too old to play Elizabeth and Margeret. They were around 20 and 16 at the time, weren't they?
Old 10-23-2016, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Finally saw this last night and it was very charming!
Old 10-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Courtier

I also saw the movie a couple months ago. I remember be annoyed at some of the portrayals, especially what they did to Margaret. They made her a ditz (she was actually intelligent) and had her boasting about being of german descent on VE day. They had her cruising around London with a pimp and a gaggle of prostitutes, literally. They also had Margaret beg Elizabeth to convince their parents, on the premise that the King only listened to his elder daughter. When in real life G6 adored Margaret and was said to deny her nothing.

Not to mention Elizabeth was already in love with Philip and writing him letters during the War, but in the movie they had her making goo-goo eyes at a random working-class solider she just met, including spending a lot of unsupervised time alone with this random solider, with the idea that what Philip doesn't know won't hurt him.