The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
Oh I undestand you perfectly. We have, in Portugal, the History Channel and they are always talking about Hitler... the Holocaust... the Jew-baiting, the WW2, etc. It's really repetitive! Hitler is, imo, an interesting person to be studied. He was so maniacal, so obcessed, so hateful, but at same time he was the most charismatical leader of the past century. By other side always watching things about all this is toooo much!
And I thought it was just here in Germany that history seems only to consist of Hitler and WW2 when it comes to documentaries on TV...

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Gentry

This program is being shown in the US on PBS. It will be on for the whole week at 12:30 a.m. EST.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Courtier

I can't find it on my TV's guide :( Is it being shown on all PBS stations in the US? My DirecTV channel thing says that Charlie Rose (I think) is on at midnight, and when I do a search for 'A Royal Family' nothing shows up, which is a shame, because I REALLY want to see thsi documentary!
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 05-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.aroyalfamily.com/
This link is about the movie

DR TV International Sales
This link is for buying the movie...haven't figured how.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

Couldn't find the book on Majesty Magazine's Website...anyone know where else it may be?
Old 05-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've been looking for it and haven't found it anywhere since it stopped being offered by Majesty. I tried to buy it from Majesty when it was still being offered, but the book was out of stock by then and they haven't renewed the offer.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Gentry

I'm not sure if it's on all PBS stations. I live in the NY area so I'm not sure if it's all over the US.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I've been looking for it and haven't found it anywhere since it stopped being offered by Majesty. I tried to buy it from Majesty when it was still being offered, but the book was out of stock by then and they haven't renewed the offer.
I saw on amazon a guy who was listing all the great Royalty books, and A Royal Family was on the list. he said the only two places you could get the book were Denmark and Majesty Magazine.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

Its not even on EBay
Old 05-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie7
I'm not sure if it's on all PBS stations. I live in the NY area so I'm not sure if it's all over the US.
How disappointing I'd really been looking forward to seeing this. I guess all I can do is keep a look out for it to come on some other time, since I can't even buy it from Majesty anymore.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppigurl2005
I saw on amazon a guy who was listing all the great Royalty books, and A Royal Family was on the list. he said the only two places you could get the book were Denmark and Majesty Magazine.

Quote:
Its not even on EBay
I got my copy of A Royal Family off Ebay Austraila which I can only watch on my code free DVD player.

The program is not available for our SoCal members specifically KCET (LA) and KOCE (OC) (our local PBS stations.)
Old 05-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppigurl2005
Well, you can't get it at Majesty Magazine any more.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Courtier

I wonder if there is a way to petition my local PBS station to show this! I'd love the book, but I really want to find the DVD or at least get to watch it.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

What about a library? Would some local libraries have a DVD or VHS of A Royal Family. It was on my PBS network here in Tampa, Florida last year at this time that is when I saw it for the first time. However, it is currently running again on the PBS network here. It seems to run at different times here. So I would encourage all members that are in other parts of the U.S. to keep a close eye out for it.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:31 AM
Aristocracy

The documentary was aired on Arte some months ago... I was lucky enough to watch it!

http://www.arte.tv/fr/recherche/1071162.html
Old 01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Courtier

If anyone else is interested in purchasing this DVD, I found it on the ABC Australia website! It costs only about $35 in American money. I just ordered my copy today. It's a region 4, but I have a program on my computer that will play a DVD of any region.

Here's the link: A Royal Family - ABC Shop - The Home of Australian Content
Old 03-29-2009, 06:12 PM

Any ideas where I can get the Book or DVD for showing in the UK DVD region? I've tried lots of places but without any luck Thanks!

God Save The Queen!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Aristocracy

I ordered the DVD from the ABC Shop. Does anyone know if it will be in English? It doesn't really matter if it is or isn't. I'm looking forward to seeing the vintage royal clips.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalEnquirer View Post
I ordered the DVD from the ABC Shop. Does anyone know if it will be in English? It doesn't really matter if it is or isn't. I'm looking forward to seeing the vintage royal clips.
When it was aired on Danish TV, all the featured royals spoke English; I can't remember if there was an occasional lapse into Danish, but it was mainly in English
Old 04-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
When it was aired on Danish TV, all the featured royals spoke English; I can't remember if there was an occasional lapse into Danish, but it was mainly in English
Thanks!!!