'Young and Royal' Interview with Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine: 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
It starts off with the interviewer greeting them by calling them by their name, Victoria Madeleine and Carl Philip

The interviewer is Jihde

and its recorded before the Disaster in Asia a few weeks before Christmas i guess at the royal castle in stockholm in his majesty King Carl XV1 Gustaf room

If i have missed anything of importance please help me out
or just help me telling about the interview or your thoghts on it.....

Last edited:
The interviewer say that they have a least two things in commonFirst they are siblings the second they are interested in artWith that he gives them a empty paper and a pen to make a self portraitThey feel a bit uncomfortable but laughs out load

Madeleine says that he is horrible
The they talk among the self and Madeleine says she is sure they (Victoria and Carl Philip ) will make a great drawing

Victoria answering this with a - sure…..

Jidhe is collecting the portraits and pens we do not get to see what they have made and tells them to remind him to show them alter on

They all say they will not remind him of that

I need some help with words

Next Jidhge says he and many others are very (nyfiken) who they areAnd now there are a possibility do that

Victoria starts off to describe Carl Philip

Victoria
In any special context or just in general?
Jidhe
Just in General?
Victoria
I need to be very kind now because I assume that I will get to hear some about me later on
They all laugh
Victoria
Carl Philip has a very big hart it the why is a very kind and warm person
Madeleine
A very kind persona
Victoria
He has had very difficulty to make decisions but now he has and he is getting ahead He is if one looks at sports very stamina a lot of that is from daddy, stubborn, bad looser
Carl Philip
That we are all
Victoria
But that is something special
Carl Philip
Yes, Stubborn okay then
Victoria
A Mammas boy you could say
Jidhe
What do you mean with that
Madeleine
you are so cruel
Victoria
I am Ärlig unest
Madeleine
No he is the worlds best (killkompis) boy buddy - placing her hand on his knee hand he is placing his hand hon her hand
Carl Philip
Thank you
Madeleine
He is my best boy buddy

--------------------

i will only do transcribing bit for bit so it can take a while
if anyone else whats to help please do so then we can do this much faster for those with out swedish televistion

Last edited:
Josefine said:

Jidhe is collecting the portraits and pens we do not get to see what they have made and tells them to remind him to show them alter on

Does that mean, you haven´t seen the portraits?? I was already ready to ask Yennie to make a photo, when I read the first part :( I want to see them (and I want to own them, and want to pin them on my pinboard ;) )

The programme is online! But I think to translate parts would be though good (since it´s an interview ;) ):
http://svt.se/content/1/c6/31/23/96/ungochkunglig.asx

Lena said:
Does that mean, you haven´t seen the portraits?? I was already ready to ask Yennie to make a photo, when I read the first part :( I want to see them (and I want to own them, and want to pin them on my pinboard ;) )
They showed them at the very last minute of the programe. I can do some caps tomorrow...
dunno how well one can see them in the online version?

Thanks for providing the link to the interview, Lena. It was quite interesting to hear all three of them talk, though I was a bit amused that the journalist/reporter seemed to direct most of the questions Princess Madeleine's way.

It was quite interesting that Victoria said that she was never called Vickan by friends or family and that the only ones calling her that were the media. The same went for Madeleine with Madde apparently.

Yes, not Vickan. Interesting. The part about Madde has been known for sometime though. I think she has said it before.

I think that they´re really good buddies......they trust each other and love one another....

Article about what to call the prince and the princesses.
Victoria wants to be adressed as "crownprincess" while Madeleine thinks its more easier and relaxed to be called "du"/"you"
-Most people calls me crownprincess and that feels most natural for me, said Victoria. I never calls the primeminister Göran (=Göran Persson), she said.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,599211,00.html

Attachments

• syskon200412.JPG
    syskon200412.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,202
i like how they discribe carl philip
and how they care for one and other

what i would like to hear is what kind of royal role carl philip and madeleine will take on when victoria will be queen will they leave the royal stage or will they help victoria and take on royal duties

Last edited:
i was reading ritvas transaltion
  • it seems that victoria took on a big role when their paraents was not around
  • the whole family meet up on sundays for dinner and let everyone knoe what is happening in their life
  • i like that they talk about how they support one and other becouse there is no other friends besides other royals that know how it is to have a royal role
  • i like how carl philip discribe that do give 100% to sweden and swedes they need to be left alone at times to have a privite time
  • carl philip and victoria really stood up for madeleine and made a point that media has times been very unfair to their littkle sister and they do not like that at all

The Norwegian television channel, NRK2, will air the interview this Sunday (31/7-05) around 19.30. I think that the channel is only available in Norway, but if you live in Norway, and haven't seen it yet, now is your chance.

I took these screencaps this morning. Here are screencaps of their drawings:

1. Victoria holding Madeleine's drawing
  2. Closeup of Victoria's drawing
  3. Closeup of Carl Philip's drawing
  4. Carl Philip holding his drawing
  5. Madeleine holding her drawing

Attachments

• victoria1.jpg
    victoria1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 907
  • victoria2.jpg
    victoria2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 880
  • carlphilip2.jpg
    carlphilip2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 945
  • carlphilip1.jpg
    carlphilip1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,097
  • madeleine.jpg
    madeleine.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 843
Last edited:
MihoshiMarie said:
I took these screencaps this morning. Here are screencaps of their drawings:[/list]
Aren't the resemblances striking?... :D Thanks for the caps, very appreciated!

GrandDuchess said:
Aren't the resemblances striking?... :D Thanks for the caps, very appreciated!

Yes, it´s amazing! :) I love the stick figure that Carl Philip drew. :D

I thought Carl Philip's drawing was so cute. You're welcome. :D

Attachments

• caps.jpg
    caps.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 633
  • caps2.jpg
    caps2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
i like these interviews
but i would like to hear more about carl philip
his thoughts how he will work to help out his big sister on royal duty

Wow,you went back into the archives to dig up that story,the last post was in August -05.Thanks

Are they ever going to to something like this again? I think it's such a nice interview...they should do a "ung och kunglig" every year!

does anybody still has this interview? or the translation in english?
thanks!

I need some help with words

Next Jidhge says he and many others are very (nyfiken) who they areAnd now there are a possibility do that

Victoria starts off to describe Carl Philip

Victoria
In any special context or just in general?
Jidhe
Just in General?
Victoria
I need to be very kind now because I assume that I will get to hear some about me later on
They all laugh
Victoria
Carl Philip has a very big hart it the why is a very kind and warm person
Madeleine
A very kind persona
Victoria
He has had very difficulty to make decisions but now he has and he is getting ahead He is if one looks at sports very stamina a lot of that is from daddy, stubborn, bad looser
Carl Philip
That we are all
Victoria
But that is something special
Carl Philip
Yes, Stubborn okay then
Victoria
A Mammas boy you could say
Jidhe
What do you mean with that
Madeleine
you are so cruel
Victoria
I am Ärlig unest
Madeleine
No he is the worlds best (killkompis) boy buddy - placing her hand on his knee hand he is placing his hand hon her hand
Carl Philip
Thank you
Madeleine
He is my best boy buddy

--------------------

i will only do transcribing bit for bit so it can take a while
if anyone else whats to help please do so then we can do this much faster for those with out swedish televistion

"Momma's Boy",how cute!

Back
Top Bottom