Swedish Royal Videos & Sound Clips (+ coming TV appearances)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://youtu.be/h25-P9Fu5VE

I don't know if anyone has seen this before but it was certainly a new find for me. It is a video of S and CG on some visit they did that I am guessing took place in the 90's but I am not sure

The traditional Året med Kungafamiljen (The Year with the Royal Family) will be shown on SVT 1st January at 20.00 and also at SVT Play.

Royal wedding, a jubilee and new baby on the way
Sara Bull interviews King Carl Gustaf and follows the Swedish royal family on official duties in both Sweden and abroad in 2013, including on state visit to Croatia. There will also be exclusive photos from Victoria's journey with East Indiaman, Prince Daniel talks about his kidney transplant and we'll see Prince Carl Philip inaugurate a race track in Kumla.
Prinsessbröllop, jubileum och ny bebis på väg SVT.se

SVT has put to their website of Året med Kungafamiljen (The Year with the Royal Family) some videos from this year.
Among them this super-cute new video of Victoria and Estelle at the Royal Mews on Lucia morning.
Exklusivt Se prinsessan Estelle fira Lucia i stallet SVT.se

There is also a video of Victoria and Daniel at the Dutch inauguration + Willem-Alexander and Maxima in Sweden, a video from Madeleine's wedding and the king and the queen in USA and videos from this week.

SVT showed today A Christmas Concert at the Royal Chapel, from Christmas 2009. The king, queen, Victoria and princess Christina attended. Victoria read text.
The concert is on SVTPlay
Julkonsert i Slottskyrkan SVT Play

Last edited by a moderator:
A new clip from The Year with the Royal Family

Victoria, Estelle and Silvia at the exhibition of the king 40 years at the throne, queen Silvia is also interviewed.

Drottning Silvia om kärleken till Estelle SVT Play

Queen Silvia is "Mumma" to Estelle and Victoria is "Mami"

Thanks so much!! If anyone wants to translate or summarize what is being said I would love that!! I wish there were subtitles! :)

Victoria, Estelle and Silvia at the exhibition of the king 40 years at the throne, queen Silvia is also interviewed.

Thanks a lot for uploading the video LadyFinn. That was adorable (as it always is with Estelle ;)), it seems that Estelle and Victoria have a special bond with each other. :) I would love to know what Silvia was saying at the end of the video (I do believe it was about Estelle and Madeleine), is it possible if I could have a translation?

P.S = Thanks again LadyFinn for taking your time to upload/post photos and videos of the SRF so we're up to date with their news and current events. It's much appreciated. :flowers:

Last edited:
Here is a translation, I'm not sure if everything is right since queen Silvia's swedish is quite difficult to listen, she doesn't pronounce all words very well and she has a heavy accent.
Victoria: A big photo, oj-oj! Who is it?
Estelle: Mmm…
Victoria: Let’s go and look? Do you want to run and look? Will you sing a little? Or dance a little?
Silvia: You see grandfather there? Look.
Victoria: That one is a little strange there. That painting looks a little different.
Silvia: Quite big. Is it so hard to watch?
Estelle reaches Silvia’s hand : Mumma
Silvia: Mumma too
Estelle reaches Victoria’s hand: Mami
Victoria: Mami too. Let’s go to this side
Silvia points to a photo from Estelle’s christening: There is little Estelle. Very nice. And mummy and grandfather.
Silvia: I remember that my mother said that a grandchild is the dessert of life. And I must say that it is so. It is so cute. It is fantastic to see her progress. She does things that you see that she really understands, and sometimes she's a step ahead. I have three children whom I of course have followed with love and thought that it is a wonder. But a grandchild is in some odd way closer, even closer. That adorable little one.
Reporter: Now the queen is becoming a grandmother again, how does it feel?
Silvia: It is very exciting. It is great to see that the Princess is feeling very good and that the little constellation (?) around her is fine. Now I live quite far away but I can feel very calm.

Last edited:
:previous: Many thanks for the translation, LadyFinn. Silvia seems to love Estelle very much, I liked her description of "an adorable little one". :wub:

I sometimes forget Silvia is not a native of Sweden, does she still have a strong foreign accent? I do't hear enough Swedish being spoke to tell.

I sometimes forget Silvia is not a native of Sweden, does she still have a strong foreign accent? I do't hear enough Swedish being spoke to tell.

Many people in different swedish forums criticize quite heavily queen Silvia's swedish, that she after 37 years of marriage can't speak swedish better, especially when she speaks of course german but also english, portuguese, spanish and french. Svensk Damtidning's reporter told that the queen also speaks quietly, so you have to listen very carefully when you are interviewing her.

Many people in different swedish forums criticize quite heavily queen Silvia's swedish, that she after 37 years of marriage can't speak swedish better, especially when she speaks of course german but also english, portuguese, spanish and french. Svensk Damtidning's reporter told that the queen also speaks quietly, so you have to listen very carefully when you are interviewing her.

Can i ask what is wrong with her swedish? To a non-swedish speaker (me) she sounds pretty fluent in the video posted in above post, but apoarently that's nit the case? Or does she a german accent or something?

Can i ask what is wrong with her swedish? To a non-swedish speaker (me) she sounds pretty fluent in the video posted in above post, but apoarently that's nit the case? Or does she a german accent or something?

Since swedish isn't my native language, just the second language, I can't speak for those who speak swedish as their native language. But to me queen Silvia's swedish is difficult to listen because she speaks swedish somehow very softly (to me german has always been a very soft language) and to me there is a very clear accent. And she makes grammatical mistakes.
I have no difficulties in listening and understanding the other swedish royals, just with the queen.
I know that I make mistakes in my swedish and english, but luckily I'm not the queen...

Another clip from "The Year with the Royal Family", shown in SVT News Report today.
If you are ready to receive an organ, you should also be prepared to give an organ. This says Prince Daniel, who himself got a kidney transplant. He meets an 11-month old Izabelle, who has just got a liver transplant.
Prins Daniel uppmanar till organdonation - Nyheter SVT.se

In SVT's The Year with the Royal Family Daniel makes a return visit to the Karolinska University Hospital and the clinic where he in May 2009 got a kidney transplant.
SVT told recently that a record number of Swedes are waiting for a new organ, and that it is both scarce and that there are big differences between how well the county is to seize the organs from potential donors.
Each deceased donor can save the lives of up to eight people. Today, there are nearly one and a half million Swedes registered in the donation and at the program Daniel invites more Swedes to register.
- If you are ready to receive an organ, I think you should also be prepared to give an organ. But sometimes, I think people forget that they should express their will that they are prepared to donate to their environment or their relatives. One can easily access the web and sign up for the donation, it takes maybe 30 seconds, says Prince Daniel.
Kidney and liver are the most needed and even the most transplanted organs - and both kidney and liver can be donated from living persons.
Prince Daniel was born with a disease that resulted in reduced kidney function and his father donated him a kidney in May 2009.
- Prince Daniel is an exemplary patient, I must say. He follows the prescriptions to the letter and performs well in every way. He is very keen to take care of this kidney that he has received from his father, and he has also been very successful, says Dr Lars Wennberg.

Last edited:
Since swedish isn't my native language, just the second language, I can't speak for those who speak swedish as their native language. But to me queen Silvia's swedish is difficult to listen because she speaks swedish somehow very softly (to me german has always been a very soft language) and to me there is a very clear accent. And she makes grammatical mistakes.
I have no difficulties in listening and understanding the other swedish royals, just with the queen.
I know that I make mistakes in my swedish and english, but luckily I'm not the queen...

I know what you mean with that. I always think the other way around (swedish is a hard language) when I hear them all (Silvia included) speaking swedish. But I recognize Silvia speaking swedish softer than all the other swedish royals. Not as hard and without this "taktaktak" if you know what I mean. That's why I can imagine her still having an accent, even if I don't recognize it, because I don't speak swedish.

But even if she still has an accent, I don't understand the critism about that. She isn't a native Swede, so it's only natural that she doesn't speak swedish as if she were a Swede. Accents can be quiete charming. So let her have her accent.

I personally don't speak Swedish, but I admire Queen Silvia and all who learn and try to speak a foreign language fluently despite any possible mistakes.

Here is a translation, I'm not sure if everything is right since queen Silvia's swedish is quite difficult to listen, she doesn't pronounce all words very well and she has a heavy accent.
Victoria: A big photo, oj-oj! Who is it?
Estelle: Mmm…
Victoria: Let’s go and look? Do you want to run and look? Will you sing a little? Or dance a little?
Silvia: You see grandfather there? Look.
Victoria: That one is a little strange there. That painting looks a little different.
Silvia: Quite big. Is it so hard to watch?
Estelle reaches Silvia’s hand : Mumma
Silvia: Mumma too
Estelle reaches Victoria’s hand: Mami
Victoria: Mami too. Let’s go to this side
Silvia points to a photo from Estelle’s christening: There is little Estelle. Very nice. And mummy and grandfather.
Silvia: I remember that my mother said that a grandchild is the dessert of life. And I must say that it is so. It is so cute. It is fantastic to see her progress. She does things that you see that she really understands, and sometimes she's a step ahead. I have three children whom I of course have followed with love and thought that it is a wonder. But a grandchild is in some odd way closer, even closer. That adorable little one.
Reporter: Now the queen is becoming a grandmother again, how does it feel?
Silvia: It is very exciting. It is great to see that the Princess is feeling very good and that the little constellation (?) around her is fine. Now I live quite far away but I can feel very calm.
:previous:
Such an adorable video .... can not wait to see full documentary :)

I found a video of Silvia and Carl Gustaf dancing from the 1990's (I think). I will post it tmrw when I get back to my computer- but does anyone else know of any other time besides Victoria's wedding and September when they danced?

A teaser from The Year with the Royal Family
2013 från bröllop till kontroverser SVT Play

A new short clip from The Year with the Royal Family, queen Silvia speaks about Estelle
”Prinsessan Estelle älskar att dansa” SVT Play

"She has got a fantastic balance, she can stand on one leg, and walk very steadily in troublesome places, where you are a little uncertain if you should help or not. She is very steady, she loves to dance. She has a great balance, and one could see that at the King’s 40th Jubilee here, she was the first one to go with the music".

Last edited:
The video with the queen, Victoria and Estelle is soo adorable! I think Estelle is a very happy, content kid, spirited but not too bubbly at the same time. She seems so open and you immediately feel that she is getting so much love from the whole family. Can't wait for the whole documentary :)

I don't really speak Swedish, but I'm trying to learn it a bit and I listen to it a lot when I watch stuff about the SRF, so I can hear that Silvia has quite a German accent. I wouldn't blame her for it, as I think Swedish pronunciation is quite different from Swedish pronunciation and not easy to master. But I find it strange if she is really still making grammatical mistakes, as she has been living there for so long and apparently has some talent for languages.

great find!! thanks very much ive never seen it before.....happy new year!!!! (great blog btw :))

Why Thank You! :) Happy New Year to You Too!

If anyone can understand Swedish could you tell me if there were any good highlights from the clip? (I don't speak Swedish, I am still learning, so I am not sure what was said haha)

A link to "Året med kungafamiljen" (The Year with the Royal Family)
Året med kungafamiljen | SVT Play

Estelle at the tennis match is absolutely hilarious, the clip has been done great. And what a difference, from Madeleine's glamourous Elle-photos and odd ThankYou-add straight to Daniel speaking about organ donations at the Karolinska Hospital. Lovely tribute to princess Lilian. I liked the way queen Silvia's interview was divided into small clips through the program A suprise there was that Victoria and Estelle had also been at Daniel's Sports Day at the Haga Park. To me it looked that Daniel's sister Anna, Mikael, Hedvig and Vera were there too, Vera had even run the Prince Daniel's run. It's a little funny that queen Silvia said that she first thought about "Dance at the Palace" on 15th September, if it was a good idea, the Swedes are rather shy...

Last edited:
Could someone be so kind as to tell me at what the King says at the very beginging when they are at Solliden? (Around 2:30?) I know he was talking about Estelle coming up with a name but I am not sure what else he said... :)

Could someone be so kind as to tell me at what the King says at the very beginging when they are at Solliden? (Around 2:30?) I know he was talking about Estelle coming up with a name but I am not sure what else he said... :)

The king said that he was thinking about the name to the exhibition and that it could have been a chance to Estelle "What does Grandfather do?" And that that is just what it is about, what the Grandfather has done during the 40 years and that is what you are going to see.

Anders Pihlblad, reporter on politics on swedish TV4 on his Twitter: "So ... Princess Estelle is adorable. I melt"
https://twitter.com/Pihlblad/status/418457484605804545

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom