Victoria & Carl Philip's Official Visit to Shanghai: August 28-31, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*raises hand* I had. Up until a few weeks ago. Then I was visiting my parents and my mom who is a former hairstylist cut it. Now my hair is a bit longer than shoulder length. While I loved and love just making a ponytail I can say that I equally often had my hair loose or swept up (in different ways). It is just a thing of 1-2 minutes, no more. And I'm a tomboy! I don't give much of a damn how I look on campus or when going to the city. My clothes, my hair- do and my non- existing make- up just need to be practical. ;) :D

mims111 said:
Ehm, soCal, Janos, do you have so long hair as Victoria?
I have, and (in my opinion) I can say two things
1. I have long hair as she and now I know, that if I will cut it down, I will be very unhappy, because they are part of me, and they grew with me so long.
2. I'm wearing two or three hairstyles, because make something with long hair is very hard. And when I need go somewhere, I make ponytail :lol: :ROFLMAO: because it's simple and it holds hair together.
So if you have so long hair, I just wanna see your hairstyles for every day. :)

Yes, I do have long hair and I do sport a ponytail at times. Even brushing her hair and just leaving it down would be a nice change of pace. I know a person's hair is different for each person but we've seen Victoria in lovely, casual, every-day styles that doesn't include a ponytail. I don't except her to have some extravagant styles everyday just some change of pace now and then.

As much as this personal hair-styles' discussion is interesting, can we please stay on topic?

Thanks,

Danielle
Swedish Royal Forums Moderator

I think the visit went well! In all of the pictures, Victoria and Carl Phillip look very happy and they really seem close. All of her outfits very gorgeous as always.

Let's hope they do more state visits like that. I think that's cute. Pretend it was Westling instead of Carl P...

Crown Princess Victoria from Sweden stands next to Prince Carl Philip and Shanghai library curator Wu Jianzhong, at the opening of a Swedish design exhibition in Shanghai, 31 August 2006. The royal pair are on the final day of a three day visit to the city to greet the arrival of the Swedish tall ship, the Gotheborg which is on an around the world journey.

photos by Mark RALSTON/profimedia

Victoria's worn two of her Australia outfits in China :flowers: . It's a good thing because her style was fabulous in Australia. Shame that the visit is coming to a close so soon.

I wish we had more pictures of Carl Philip. *sigh*

Thanks to all, who have posted pictures!!! :flowers:

I think, it´s good, that Carl Philip gets more involved into trips abroad. But honestly I think with 27, he would be MORE than old enough to do such a thing alone. It´s not, that myself wouldn´t profit from the very long lasting "nest protection", many young ppl enjoy these days, but sorry guys, he is 27 and his plans seem to be a traineeship here and one there and a few duties in Sweden. Well, maybe that was now a new beginning and he will soon also do trips abroad alone. Or he would get a real job. One you really have to get into and not just an internship, where you are guest and where your duties and responsibilities are limited.
But in fact it´s surely better, both siblings are "working", than one enjoying a lazy time :lol:
To me it seems Victoria is the bright center of this trip. If I let my mind wander...if her hubby wouldn´t get some solo duties, he would be really involved in, he could have a very tough time...:wacko:

I´m of course not a fan of her ponytails. But I must say, here with the curls and the shiny hair, it doesn´t look too bad!
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/chatterbox8589/Victoria44.jpg

Last edited:
Lena said:
To me it seems Victoria is the bright center of this trip. If I let my mind wander...if her hubby won´t get some solo duties, he would be really involved in, he could have a very tough time...:wacko:
I agree completely, Im quite suprised with Victoria on this trip, She seem like a regular camera bug:wacko: In some pictures one could wonder is Carl Philip even there or if he is an adie de camp. I dont think it will be easy for her husband and I agree they would have to set him up with something serious to do by himself right away, its not like he can use clothes, diamonds and hair to get attention:neutral: It will be the complete opposite of what we have seen the last 7 year with the young pretty women arriving and giving some glam and attention to their (sometimes quite boring) husbands and the husbands gives some royal shine and status in return. Victoria already is the royal and the glam card (well when she makes an effort) all by herself. Cant wait to watch it:ROFLMAO:

hey all, tnx fo the pics, they are great :flowers: i think that they were both great, and i agree with you Lena, but ! Victoria is the Crown Princess and she has been doing this for some years now, so i think its normal that she is the bright center if this trip,
anyways, it was nice to see both of them on this trip :)

both looks great but why victoria musst wear this brown dress again. in this summer the third time (?). i want to see more pics.

I think this is a pretty cool picture from the China visit:

(Credit: AFP/Getty Images)

If you look closely past the watermark, you can see Carl Philip and Victoria. Whoever took that photo is a lucky person!

Shanghai 2006-08-29
Prince Carl Philip and Crown Princess Victoria on a three day visit to Shanghai to welcome the Swedish East India trade ship replica Gotheburg when it arrives in Shanghai harbour.

(Credits: Polfoto)

Last edited:
Wow, Victoria is sooo good at representing. She looks totally at ease.
Carl Philip looks very nice, too, even though a litte shy.

Back
Top Bottom