The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-30-2006, 02:58 AM
Courtier

they are both lovely , thanx for posting the pictures .

Old 08-30-2006, 06:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip of Sweden on a three day visit to Shanghai to welcome the Swedish East India trade ship replica Gotheburg when it arrives in Shanghai harbour.
from Polfoto

Old 08-30-2006, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

TV4 has a great picture-special online, here are a few of them, but to see all pictures - go here. All by Toni Sica/Stella Pictures via TV4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
What a beautiful dress. Is this a first official visit for Carl Philip with his sister?
Yes it is, so it must be terribly exciting for him - doing such a big and far away trip as his first major overseas tour together with only his older sister. Victoria has done so many official overseas tour by now that she knows the drill, so I guess Carl Philip has good support in her.

Now I only hope to see Princess Madeleine doing this kind of thing in the future.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Commoner

Nice pics!

http://so.openv.tv/playPage.jsp?stor...85.915_228.565

Here is a video about this. The first 4 minutes is about this, while the rest is something else.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Nobility

More photos on Prince Carl Philip and Crown Princess Victoria???
Old 08-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

several pictures from 30th August (by Toni Sica/Stella via uppa)

Shanghai 2006-08-30
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip of Sweden on a three day visit to Shanghai to welcome the Swedish East India trade ship replica Gotheburg when it arrives in Shanghai harbour.
1 - Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip at the launching of the children's musical theatre PIPPI LONGSTOCKING in Shanghai.
2 - Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip watching the noble art of building sand castles.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Excerpts from Wednesday's schedule

* Visit to the exhibition "The Love's Herbarium" about Swedish botanist Carl von Linné at the Xuhui Art Museum. The photographer Edvard Koinberg introduced the 38 pictures and texts about and of Linné. The exhibition is a cooperation with the Swedish Institute and will be shown around the world until 2007, the 300th anniversary of Linné's birth and the year of the big Linné jubilee.

* The Crown Princess opened the Swedish-Chinese Trade Day at the Shanghai Convention Center.

* Meeting with Pippi Longstocking (Pippi Långstrum in Swedish, a character created by the late Swedish children's author Astrid Lindgren).

* The launch of the Chinese version of the book "Jacob seglar till Kina" ("Jacob sails to China"), a book about the ship's travel in 1743-1745. Author and illustrator Anita Bergendahl-Steiner spoke about her work and signed the first books.

* Reception for Swedes living in Shangai, hosted by the Swedish Consul General.

* Dinner hosted by the Swedish Ambassador at the Panorama Hotel.

http://www.royalcourt.se/kungafamilj...680002767.html
Old 08-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Royal Highness

(Credit: Bruno Press)

Not to ruffle any feathers here, but does anybody else think that Victoria needs a haircut? I think if she went shoulder-length or a little longer, it would make her look younger and she wouldn't always have to put it in a ponytail. She's beautiful but sometimes it seems like Victoria is purposely trying to cover it up!
Old 08-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl

(Credit: Bruno Press)

Not to ruffle any feathers here, but does anybody else think that Victoria needs a haircut? I think if she went shoulder-length or a little longer, it would make her look younger and she wouldn't always have to put it in a ponytail. She's beautiful but sometimes it seems like Victoria is purposely trying to cover it up!
I like the idea of a shoulder-length cut with layers! Maybe even some sideswept bangs?? The fact that they actually took a full length photo of her ponytail says something, that she needs a change. Her hair is beautiful and she could really do a lot with it.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:17 AM
Serene Highness

Ehm, soCal, Janos, do you have so long hair as Victoria?
I have, and (in my opinion) I can say two things
1. I have long hair as she and now I know, that if I will cut it down, I will be very unhappy, because they are part of me, and they grew with me so long.
2. I'm wearing two or three hairstyles, because make something with long hair is very hard. And when I need go somewhere, I make ponytail because it's simple and it holds hair together.
So if you have so long hair, I just wanna see your hairstyles for every day.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:48 AM
Gentry

*raises hand* I had. Up until a few weeks ago. Then I was visiting my parents and my mom who is a former hairstylist cut it. Now my hair is a bit longer than shoulder length. While I loved and love just making a ponytail I can say that I equally often had my hair loose or swept up (in different ways). It is just a thing of 1-2 minutes, no more. And I'm a tomboy! I don't give much of a damn how I look on campus or when going to the city. My clothes, my hair- do and my non- existing make- up just need to be practical.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
Ehm, soCal, Janos, do you have so long hair as Victoria?
I have, and (in my opinion) I can say two things
1. I have long hair as she and now I know, that if I will cut it down, I will be very unhappy, because they are part of me, and they grew with me so long.
2. I'm wearing two or three hairstyles, because make something with long hair is very hard. And when I need go somewhere, I make ponytail because it's simple and it holds hair together.
So if you have so long hair, I just wanna see your hairstyles for every day.
Yes, I do have long hair and I do sport a ponytail at times. Even brushing her hair and just leaving it down would be a nice change of pace. I know a person's hair is different for each person but we've seen Victoria in lovely, casual, every-day styles that doesn't include a ponytail. I don't except her to have some extravagant styles everyday just some change of pace now and then.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

As much as this personal hair-styles' discussion is interesting, can we please stay on topic?

Thanks,

Danielle
Swedish Royal Forums Moderator

Old 08-31-2006, 08:39 AM
Courtier

I think the visit went well! In all of the pictures, Victoria and Carl Phillip look very happy and they really seem close. All of her outfits very gorgeous as always.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:38 PM
Gentry

Quite agree....must be very comfortable shoes!
Old 08-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Nobility

Let's hope they do more state visits like that. I think that's cute. Pretend it was Westling instead of Carl P...

Old 08-31-2006, 10:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Victoria from Sweden stands next to Prince Carl Philip and Shanghai library curator Wu Jianzhong, at the opening of a Swedish design exhibition in Shanghai, 31 August 2006. The royal pair are on the final day of a three day visit to the city to greet the arrival of the Swedish tall ship, the Gotheborg which is on an around the world journey.

photos by Mark RALSTON/profimedia

Old 09-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Royal Highness

Victoria's worn two of her Australia outfits in China . It's a good thing because her style was fabulous in Australia. Shame that the visit is coming to a close so soon.

I wish we had more pictures of Carl Philip. *sigh*
Old 09-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks to all, who have posted pictures!!!

I think, it´s good, that Carl Philip gets more involved into trips abroad. But honestly I think with 27, he would be MORE than old enough to do such a thing alone. It´s not, that myself wouldn´t profit from the very long lasting "nest protection", many young ppl enjoy these days, but sorry guys, he is 27 and his plans seem to be a traineeship here and one there and a few duties in Sweden. Well, maybe that was now a new beginning and he will soon also do trips abroad alone. Or he would get a real job. One you really have to get into and not just an internship, where you are guest and where your duties and responsibilities are limited.
But in fact it´s surely better, both siblings are "working", than one enjoying a lazy time
To me it seems Victoria is the bright center of this trip. If I let my mind wander...if her hubby wouldn´t get some solo duties, he would be really involved in, he could have a very tough time...

I´m of course not a fan of her ponytails. But I must say, here with the curls and the shiny hair, it doesn´t look too bad!
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Victoria44.jpg
Old 09-01-2006, 05:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
To me it seems Victoria is the bright center of this trip. If I let my mind wander...if her hubby won´t get some solo duties, he would be really involved in, he could have a very tough time...
I agree completely, Im quite suprised with Victoria on this trip, She seem like a regular camera bug In some pictures one could wonder is Carl Philip even there or if he is an adie de camp. I dont think it will be easy for her husband and I agree they would have to set him up with something serious to do by himself right away, its not like he can use clothes, diamonds and hair to get attention It will be the complete opposite of what we have seen the last 7 year with the young pretty women arriving and giving some glam and attention to their (sometimes quite boring) husbands and the husbands gives some royal shine and status in return. Victoria already is the royal and the glam card (well when she makes an effort) all by herself. Cant wait to watch it

Tags
carl philip, china, crown princess victoria, official visit, prince carl philip