The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
The queen told expressen today that she and Princess Madeleine did not attend the ceremony yesterday because of chuck Berrys alleged trafficking
Silvia: I could not accept it | News | Expressen
A decision which has been praised by the public
Silvia and Madden hailed online | News | Expressen

Bravo for the the Queen and Madeleine to stand for

Old 08-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Nobility

The Queen gave more comments regarding the matter to aftonbladet
www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article19433244.ab - Translator

Old 08-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I was wondering... Madeleine didn't attend because of this (I had seen Chris alone and I wondered why) but then I saw a pic of her with him... She was wearing a black top and aubergine skirt...

Did the queen and her attend only a part?
Old 08-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I was wondering... Madeleine didn't attend because of this (I had seen Chris alone and I wondered why) but then I saw a pic of her with him... She was wearing a black top and aubergine skirt...

Did the queen and her attend only a part?
The queen and Madeleine attended at the Polar Music Prize banquet, which is always after the Prize ceremony. The prize ceremony is at the Concert Hall and the banquet is at the Grand Hotel.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Group photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/polarm...n/photostream/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/polarm...n/photostream/
Old 08-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Courtier

Any other pics available? I don't have, and don't want, a flickr account.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Any other pics available? I don't have, and don't want, a flickr account.
I don't have a Flickr account, but I can still watch the photos
Gallery from the arrivals
https://www.flickr.com/photos/polarm...646482721258/¨
The prize ceremony
https://www.flickr.com/photos/polarm...7646885930132/
The banquet
https://www.flickr.com/photos/polarm...7646542432178/
Old 09-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Hello Magazine

Princess Madeleine sparkles as Swedish royal family attend Stockholm's prestigious music awards ceremony - hellomagazine.com

PPE

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?s...08-2014%20Hall
Old 09-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

The news that queen Silvia and princess Madeleine didn't attend at the Polar Music Prize due to Chuck Berry being condemned on trafficking, have spread all over the world.
Chuck Berry himself has taken note of it, but according to the agent does not want to comment on the Queen's decision.
- He respects the queen and the princess, but he can not change the past. According to him, he was innocent, says Patrick Rocher.
The agens says Chuck Berry didn't know that the girl was only 14 years without thought she was 21, and he'll still be disappointed at how he was treated in court.
- We have talked about this several times and it was about racism. There were many things that black man could not do. Much has changed, now black and white get married with each other and we live together. 50 years ago, blacks could not go to restaurants for whites. Everything was regulated and blacks were not accepted anywhere.
According to the agent Chuck Berry has not said much about the Queen's protest, but he's hard to believe that it would affect the world artist.
- If the queen does not show up at the awards ceremony, it's her problem. Chuck has been exploited and mistreated because he is black, but he got his revenge. He has proven that he is one, and not only he but all black, they are worth just as much as whites.
- That was a problem 50 years ago but it is better now and he is trying to forget what it was.
You mean he got his revenge, and does not need to prove anything anymore?
- Yes, I'm sure that he has respect for the Queen, and he had been honored to meet her, but she refusesd, it is her problem. I've been with him many, many times and we have met ambassadors, presidents and princesses. He has great respect for them. But this is their decision, and their country if they do not want to meet Chuck for what happened, we must respect that.
Berrys agents svar Det är Silvias problem Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Old 03-10-2015, 04:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf delivers the 2015 Polar Music Prizes to Emmylou Harris, 13-time Grammy winner and Evelyn Glennie, leading virtuoso percussionist at the gala ceremony on 9 June in Stockholm’s Concert Hall.
Polar Music Prize | The Laureates of the Polar Music Prize 2015 are

The ceremony has been arranged in the end of August on many years, but is now 9th June.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Nobility

The Royal Familys attendance at the Polar Music Prize has been listed in the calendar: The ceremony takes place on June 9th in the Stockholm Concert Hall in attendance by the King, Crown Princess and Prince Daniel.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 05-07-2015, 08:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The Royal Familys attendance at the Polar Music Prize has been listed in the calendar: The ceremony takes place on June 9th in the Stockholm Concert Hall in attendance by the King, Crown Princess and Prince Daniel.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Yes, I saw it this morning and was wondering why the Queen isn't listed to attend. There isn't any other event at the calendar for her yet.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Yes, I saw it this morning and was wondering why the Queen isn't listed to attend. There isn't any other event at the calendar for her yet.
It is indeed a bit strange. She might be listed later on.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Nobility

A (perhaps not so) wild guess: The Queen is still having problems with her shoulder. There are lots of big events in june: The national day celebrations on june 6'th, and CP&Sofias wedding on the 13'th. She might simly opt out on this one to save some strength for the other two, since they are big, all day/night events.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Courtier

I wonder if she re-injured the shoulder when she was holding Estelle on the King's birthday?
Old 05-07-2015, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
A (perhaps not so) wild guess: The Queen is still having problems with her shoulder. There are lots of big events in june: The national day celebrations on june 6'th, and CP&Sofias wedding on the 13'th. She might simly opt out on this one to save some strength for the other two, since they are big, all day/night events.
If that is the case, she can attend only at the prize ceremony like Daniel has done the last two years. In 2012 Victoria didn't attend at the dinner but went home to Estelle, and in 2013 I think that Daniel skipped the dinner for the same reason. Last year Daniel had a work event next day starting very early in the morning in south Sweden and he didn't attend at the dinner.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

TV4 shows live the Polar Music Prize ceremony on TV4 play on Tuesday 9th June at 16.15, link
Polar music prize 2015 - prisceremoni - TV4 Play
And the banquet
Polar music prize 2015 - banketten - TV4 Play
According to TV4, these can be seen in the whole world. Hopefully they will not change that just before the ceremony.

Artists at the ceremony and banquet _ Polar Music Prize

No changes to the court calendar, according to that the king, Victoria and Daniel will attend.

Here is a video where designer Efva Attling tells how she designed the new Prize which was delivered for the first time last year.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

The calendar was updated today and according to that also queen Silvia attends at the Polar Music Prize tomorrow with the king, Victoria and Daniel.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king, queen, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel attend at the Polar Music Prize ceremony. Also princess Christina and Tord Magnuson attend like in previous years.

Victoria and Daniel
https://instagram.com/p/3tiNCzDcaJ/?...olarmusicprize
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHEJFs-XEAEHEsl.jpg:large
https://instagram.com/p/3tiuFAE6hE/?...doragomezpaiva

The king and queen
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHEJFtUWoAEC1JE.jpg:large
https://instagram.com/p/3tim44k6g2/?...doragomezpaiva

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHEKewGWoAARPvH.jpg:large

Gallery
APA-Picturedesk
Old 06-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Courtier