The news that queen Silvia and princess Madeleine didn't attend at the Polar Music Prize due to Chuck Berry being condemned on trafficking, have spread all over the world.
Chuck Berry himself has taken note of it, but according to the agent does not want to comment on the Queen's decision.
- He respects the queen and the princess, but he can not change the past. According to him, he was innocent, says Patrick Rocher.
The agens says Chuck Berry didn't know that the girl was only 14 years without thought she was 21, and he'll still be disappointed at how he was treated in court.
- We have talked about this several times and it was about racism. There were many things that black man could not do. Much has changed, now black and white get married with each other and we live together. 50 years ago, blacks could not go to restaurants for whites. Everything was regulated and blacks were not accepted anywhere.
According to the agent Chuck Berry has not said much about the Queen's protest, but he's hard to believe that it would affect the world artist.
- If the queen does not show up at the awards ceremony, it's her problem. Chuck has been exploited and mistreated because he is black, but he got his revenge. He has proven that he is one, and not only he but all black, they are worth just as much as whites.
- That was a problem 50 years ago but it is better now and he is trying to forget what it was.
You mean he got his revenge, and does not need to prove anything anymore?
- Yes, I'm sure that he has respect for the Queen, and he had been honored to meet her, but she refusesd, it is her problem. I've been with him many, many times and we have met ambassadors, presidents and princesses. He has great respect for them. But this is their decision, and their country if they do not want to meet Chuck for what happened, we must respect that.
Berrys agents svar Det är Silvias problem Nyheter Expressen