The Swedish Royals at the Polar Music Prize: 2004-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice dress Victoria have, yellow and black. Queen Silvias dress were moderate, she have better dresses.

And for americans, a Skargaard attended this award cermony also, Skarsgaard the elder that is:)

Björk sits beside Daniel. I just love the music of Morricone...

Björk sits beside Daniel. I just love the music of Morricone...

I realise i actually have seen many of the movies he had music in.

Today the king, the Queen, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel attend the Polar Music Prize.
You can watch it live here from 17.30-18.30 swedish time
Följ polarpriset live på webben - Nyhetskanalen.se - Sveriges nyhetskanal på nätet - nyhetskanalen.se
Victoria with her hair down, she looked fantastic, it was shown at the news.
Photos of Victoria and Daniel (and others) here:
Aftonbladet

Nice of Aftonbladet to know their priorities. 69 pictures and 9 of them of Daniel and Victoria and Björk gets 3 and she gets a prize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Victorias metallic-look « Ebbas blogg
Björk receiving the award
Aftonbladet

You can watch the whole Award Gala here:
Polarpriset 2010 - se hela galan - tv4.se

Arriving to the banquette
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
The Polar Music Prize winners Italian composer and conductor Ennio Morricone and Icelandic singer Bjork Gudmundsdottir pose with Queen Silvia King CarlGustaf, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel during the Polar Music Prize banquette at Grand Hotel in Stockholm.
SVT
The Polar Music Prize winners Ennio Morricone with his wife Maria Travia (L) and Icelandic singer Bjork Gudmundsdottir pose with Marie Ledin (2nd L) daughter of the Polar Music Prize founder Stickan Andersson, Queen Silvia, King Carl Gustaf, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel.
ANP Beeldbank
Marie Ledin, daughter of the Polar Music Prize founder Stickan Andersson at the table with Prince Daniel.
ANP Beeldbank
Ennio Morricone with Queen Silvia
ANP Beeldbank
Björk with king Carl Gustaf
ANP Beeldbank

Kronprinsessan Victoria & glamourattacken! | Lottas kungliga modeblogg - Svensk Damtidning

Last edited by a moderator:
On Facebook people start to worry about Daniel's pale looks and wonder if he shows signs of kidney failure. I do agree he aged a lot the last couple of years.

I wondered the same thing. His face looks sickly.

On Facebook people start to worry about Daniel's pale looks and wonder if he shows signs of kidney failure. I do agree he aged a lot the last couple of years.

I don't think he looks that pale. Likely he does not take the sun ( it is recommended transplant patients should avoit it due to all the meds they must take) so he wears a hat and long sleeves -as we saw on their honeymoon pictures- . As a result by comparison to a nicely tanned Victoria he looks pale.

I do agree he has a severe, serious look about him and that makes him look older. I think this slicked back hairstyle is too severe looking, not to mention those glasses. Whoever recommended those?? Bad styling IMO

It shows that Daniel isn´t used to pose at the photos and then he looks quite severe. I think that he will get used to be more natural when time goes by. When you look at him at the videos or photos which are taken when he is not posing, he looks very different, smiling and natural. And you can see that the king is almost always severe too, so it is in the family ...
Daniel lost weight during his operation and maybe he has started to train differently because he isn´t a trainer or a gym owner anymore, perhaps he doesn´t want to look like one with big muscles. He had much more muscles before the operation.
Daniel´s glasses are designed by Victoria´s cousin, Oscar Magnuson.
Photos from the arrivals and the award ceremony at the Concert Hall
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
Photos at the banquette.
IBL Bildbyrå
It don´t think that Daniel looks especially pale while looking at these. He doesn´t look sick either.

I know why he cannot bath in the sun, but I don't think he looks fit.
As for styling, I really think he should get rid of all that gel in his hair. The style during the engagement was much better. This hair cut gives more accent to his eye bags.

Two unwatermarked pictures of Queen Silvia and Princess Victoria. Not really digging Victoria's metalic-ness, her hair looks lovely though.

An a small FYI, winner Ennio Morricone composed the score for the 1987 Costner/Connery/De Niro 'gangster' film The Untouchables.

Last edited:
I don't think he looks that pale or sickly, well he is pale comparing to Victoria, but then again I doubt he was sunbathing during the summer as he is clearly avoiding sun.

One thing I've noticed is that pictures don't do him justice right now. 90% of time he looks better on video then on photos. He is still not used to posing for cameras, but I'm sure it's something he'll master with time.

Oh, and I love Victoria's hair from this event.

If Daniel had kidneyproblems he wouldnt have been at the event since there would be to big risk of sickness. Also, we would notice that there was something wrong with him since Victoria wouldnt smile as much.

When Barbara Hendrix sang there were two people in the crowd holding hands, guess who:)

Princess Victoria is so beautiful, but Daniel.. not a prince charming.

Princess Victoria is so beautiful, but Daniel.. not a prince charming.

I find Daniel quite charming because of the deep love he and Victoria share. It is something very special, you can see it and feel it when you look at them. Victoria and Daniel are by far the most interesting young royal couple to me.
This is a great photo of the couple:
The Fashion Spot

I find Daniel quite charming because of the deep love he and Victoria share. It is something very special, you can see it and feel it when you look at them. Victoria and Daniel are by far the most interesting young royal couple to me.
This is a great photo of the couple:
The Fashion Spot

Beautiful picture. Princess Victoria's make-up is perfection. I wonder if she always wears false eyelashes in public or are they extensions?

Victoria's style was spot on!
Simply fantastic :)

Victoria looked fabulous at the event. I am glad we are not always seeing the younger royals looking like copies of the current queens. There are times for formal wear and diamonds and there are times for glam.

Beautiful picture. Princess Victoria's make-up is perfection. I wonder if she always wears false eyelashes in public or are they extensions?

I love this photo but can't help thinking how great Prince Daniel would look if his hair was more natural...

I love this photo but can't help thinking how great Prince Daniel would look if his hair was more natural...

This photo is gorgeous! I wasn't sure about Daniel to begin with but they look so happy, and Victoria is SO radiant in these pictures, I'm glad she stuck to her guns and married him. Now if they could just sort out that gel......

Great great !! She is beautifull, she "straalt" !! thanks for the pics.

Back
Top Bottom