The Swedish Royals and The World Childhood Foundation, Part 1 (May 2003-May 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what is your point?

Could I waste my time any easier?
If I´d explain a monkey, what a financial manager is, it would get my point easier than you ever did in the past (that´s of course my fault. With patriotists abroad, one would have to try harder)

And what is your point?
Oh dear.:rolleyes:
Don't know if this question shows lack of comprehension or lack of humor?
Lena made an unfortunately valid point in a very funny way here...:lol:
...as the photo published by royalcourt shows four little rich girls (all friends of Madeleine 'coincidentally' working for 'Childhood Generation 2' ntw) who look as if they just came home from their latest city shopping tour and now pose in all their latest tacky boutique booties, rather than representig their involvement in a non-profit organisation working for the children at risk and underprivileged on an international level.
Royalcourt rarely reports any of the activities of Queen Silvia and Madeleine on behalf of WCF (both are working as well as traveling far more for Silvia's organization than one would know from checking the royal website), so it's a pity that this occasion was chosen to be presented in such a way: A quite silly picture giving neither the right image nor the right idea.

According to the swedish website svenskdam.se, the princess Madeleine will visit NY and San Francisco with the foundation next october. I've checked the official website but nothing yet about this trip!

So we have to wait for an official announcement!

On 23rd/24th September 2009 princess Madeleine visit for Childhood Foundation Moskva! I hope the queen travel with her daughter, but the court don't mentioned.

Where did you get this piece of information because I've checked the court website and I didn't read anything about this trip.

On the calendar, there's a trip for princess Madeleine in the USA but I don't understand the date! she's on a one month trip??? It looks weird to me

måndag 28/9–onsdag 28/10 Resa med World Childhood Foundation, New York och San Francisco, USA – Prinsessan Madeleine

Royalcourt ‘discovered’ this trip belatedly, but it seems that Princess Madeleine is indeed traveling the US for a whole month on behalf of the WCF.
Queen Silvia is going to join her later, for a Washington visit on October 22nd – 23rd and for several engagements in New York before, including a NY gala dinner celebrating the 10th anniversary of her World Childhood Foundation on October 21.
Here’s a link to the invitation to the gala:

http://www.childhood-usa.org/upl/files/13776.pdf

Thanks for those precious information! the royal court website is not very clear! they should have told more about this trip! anyway, hope we'll have pics!

New York's elite will surly be attending.

Wow, I am glad Princess Madeline will be here in the United States, but I am too surprised that she will be staying here so long. Hope to see some good photos posted in this thread soon.

Besides the Queen and Princess M, are any other royals coming to NY (Prince Carl Phillip?)

That's what I want to know - someone tell Prince Carl Philip he needs to come visit America!:whistling::D

Today Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine will attend an anniversary-dinner(gala) in New York because of the 10 years World Childhood Foundation. On the website of SVDit is said that Jonas Bergström will also attend.
Here is the link to this article: Jonas är i New York för att stötta Madeleine | Svensk Damtidning
I just tried to find out more about this and if this is really true. I did not read anything about this and Jenny Alexanderson, who I think is very "close" to the swedish royal family and always knows what happens, did not write about it up to now. Has anyone read more about that Jonas will join Madeleine at this occassion? I mean this would be his royal debut except of the Kings 60th birthday and their engagement.

Queen Silvia of Sweden (R) sits with her daughter, Princess Madeleine (L), during a conference, "Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Children - 10 years in the field", organized by the World Childhood Foundation with the United Nations Office for Partnerships at UN headquarters in New York. Queen Silva is the founder of the Foundation.

Picture Gallery

i love madeleine dress and coat she look elegant any one hav a full picture

Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine attend a symposium on the sexual abuse and exploitation of children at UN headquarters, Wednesday, Oct. 21
Daylife
Daylife
Queen Silvia shows the media a bracelet that can be bought to support the World Child Foundation
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Does anybody know what the white piece is over the queen's ear in the first photograph posted by LadyFinn? Is it for hearing r something?

:previous:

It's more than likely an audio of whoever was speaking translated into a language the Queen understands - English, Swedish. Madeleine had one too, her's is sitting on the table in front of her in most photos though.

Both looked lovely! I hope this is a test run of 2009 Noble gowns.......l

Three more pictures from ANP, Jonas was also with Madeleine and Silvia.

Thanks to all - both, Queen Silvia and princess Madeleine look beautifull in the colour of US.

The queen wear an old dress from 1999, she wear it by state visit from Slovenien in October.

Are there any pictures of either Princess Madeliene or Queen Silvia weariing the beaded World Childhood Foundation bracelet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom