The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
Where's Extonia/Estland?
Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are three former Soviet republics bordering the Baltic Sea. For the Swedes these three countries are 'at the other side' of the East Sea.

In culture, geography and history the three Baltic states have a lot tot do with Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Poland and Germany.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Courtier

Too add to what Henri has said, RubyPrincess, Estonia is the northernmost of the three countries mentioned.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Aristocracy

are there any photo's of today?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Commoner

DELFI - Rootsi printsess külastas Tartut

It wasn´t official visit.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are three former Soviet republics bordering the Baltic Sea. For the Swedes these three countries are 'at the other side' of the East Sea.

In culture, geography and history the three Baltic states have a lot tot do with Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Poland and Germany.

Okay, Estonia 've heard of! Extonia and Estland I hadn't. I guess it's a language thing........
Old 03-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Commoner

Postimees: Tartut külastas Rootsi printsess

I find one little picture in newspaper article.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Aristocracy

06.03.2007 Estonia, Tartu

Princess Madeleine visited NPA Tartu Christian Adolescent Home and Tartu Child Support Center. Madeleine was taking this trip to Tartu on behalf of the World Childhood Foundation and therefore she did not want any cameras for the meetings. There are speculations on the theme that Princess Madeleine will probably take over WCF after the Queen Silvia one day and that is why she is visiting centres which are supported by WCF.

According to the newspaper Eesti Päevaleht Swedish Royal Family will pay an official visit to Estonia and Tartu this autumn.

SL Õhtuleht Online
Rootsi printsess käis Tartus lastefondi raha kasutamist uurimas - Eesti Päevaleht Online

There is a video of Princess Madeleine arriving/leaving NPA Tartu Christian Adolescent Home. Here is the link provided by TV3's Seitsmesed Uudised:

http://www.delfi.ee/news/paevauudised/eest...php?id=15280497

(Vaata videot=Watch the video, press on green arrow)
Old 03-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Gentry

Okay, Estonia 've heard of! Extonia and Estland I hadn't. I guess it's a language thing........

I never heard of Extonia either but Estland is the Dutch name for Estonia just like Letland is for Latvia. So it is indeed a language thing
Let this never happen again!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Images

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 03-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Courtier

I love her clothes and boots, nice hair too.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 16.3.2007

Sweden's Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine attend a seminar entitled "Children and young people show the way", organised by the World Childhood Foundation, the Children's Ombudsman, BRIS (Children's Rights in Society) and Save the Children Sweden at the Royal Palace of Stockholm Friday 16, 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Old 03-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the links with beautiful pictures of the queen and Princess Madeleine. Nice to see the queen after her holiday in Brasil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Sweden's Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine attend a seminar entitled "Children and young people show the way", organised by the World Childhood Foundation, the Children's Ombudsman, BRIS (Children's Rights in Society) and Save the Children Sweden at the Royal Palace of Stockholm Friday 16, 2007
Old 03-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Courtier

I didn't know the queen had been to Brazil! Princess Madeleine looked very serious, business like.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness

Ick. Not loving Madeleine's look at all. A little too serious and dare I say it...Librarian-ish. Can't believe I said that about Madeleine! Never thought that would happen. And her make-up is awful as well, in pic 4 from above she looks scary. Of course this is only my opinion!
Old 03-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Ick. Not loving Madeleine's look at all. A little too serious and dare I say it...Librarian-ish. Can't believe I said that about Madeleine! Never thought that would happen. And her make-up is awful as well, in pic 4 from above she looks scary. Of course this is only my opinion!
Well, she might look not so great, because the picture is with devil red eyes

If she would always run around like this, I´d be bored as well. But the strategy of her (or the court or whoever) seems to be dull meets sexy. If one is running around like Paris Hilton at bday parties, one has to make up for it with a prudish suit. And this strategy does work so well, that I guess Madeleine will never ever change it
Old 03-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Courtier

I admit that I'm not keen on Princess Madeleine's outfit but she does look serious and business like.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine seems to be damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. When she dresses more adult and mature and appropriate for the event, she's dowdy and librarian-ish. If she dresses in a sexy dress or wears a short dress that may not be that revealing, she's a Paris Hilton Barbie doll. She can't do right, it would seem.

I found nothing wrong with her choice of attire for this event. It seemed to be a serious function, and what she wore suited that. I thought she looked really good, and not anywhere near a librarian. I've never seen a librarian look like her and I'm sure more boys would be interested in reading if they did!
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
If she would always run around like this, I´d be bored as well. But the strategy of her (or the court or whoever) seems to be dull meets sexy. If one is running around like Paris Hilton at bday parties, one has to make up for it with a prudish suit. And this strategy does work so well, that I guess Madeleine will never ever change it
I completely agree Lena. To me and I'll probably get slammed for it but Madeleine seems to be the type that needs attention. So she wore a short flirty dress to a b-day party to get that attention but this type of look from the other day is more of "Yes, I know I'm a princess and I can be taken seriously" look.I don't beleive she wanted to stand out at this event and therefore we see a more serious look.

And to other posters yes I used the word librarian-ish but gee don't take it so literal it's not that I was saying that I've seen a librarian in this exact suit but I just meant it as a way to describe a more serious rather prudish(like Lena said) approach to dressing. People constantly throw the word Librarian around to describe Victoria's style but with this outfit I felt it looked very odd and old-fashioned on Madeleine. I think this is Madeleine, she will always be one to watch to see if she goes over the line.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Courtier

I always wonder why did she tan her skin that deep, a bit too much, she was much better without it...
Old 06-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 3.6.2007

Sweden's Queen Silvia at the celebration of the Childhood Day held at Grona Lund in Stockholm.
She receives a cheque from the head of Grona Lund Ulf Larsson 3 June 2007:

Silvia 1
Silvia 2
Silvia 3