The Swedish Royals and The World Childhood Foundation, Part 1 (May 2003-May 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen has brought tremendous attention and much needed funding for a segment of society that very few people paid any attention to. I have nothing but the outmost appreciation and respect for Queen Silvia for taking on an issue that was taboo to talk about in many social circles until she started her organization and brought the subject out in the open. The organization's work is now steadily spreading around the world. A remarkable achievement for the Queen.

I hope that some day in the future she may be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize - just as the current year's recipient is recognized for starting and advancing the the Micro Financing concept.

The opening of mother-children-house was private event!

And the charity-event for Childhood-Foundation was the evening before (16th Nov.).

ursulajohanna said:
Yesterday, after the conference "Violence against children abuse..." in Berlin the queen open mother-children-house "Jörg Sommerlath" in Berlin.
At the evening was a charity-Gala her Childhood-Foundation in Ritz-Carlton-Hotel Berlin!

30-11-2006 Queen Silvia of Sweden arrives at Stuttgart airport. She will be honoured with the Bambi this evening

PPE Pictures here.

Silvia looks very elegat in this red dress.
And on the red carpet she look like the next star not as a queen.

She is frequent guest in Germany during this year.

Last edited:
Queen Silvia just recieved the "Bambi" by minister VonderLeyen.
She got standing ovations and she looked very moved.
VonderLeyen and Silvia, both found good words to express the importance of World Chidhood Foundations!
wow, she found some moving words. Her ambition to help kids is great!

Last edited:
She ages so well and she dresses so nice. I know where her daughters get their style from.

The Swedish Royals and The World Childhood Foundation

The Queen and princess Madeleine has given a interview to swedish morning paper Göteborgs Posten. They talks about World Childhood foundation and Madeleine says she wants to focus on that now.
- I want to help to put focus on young women and children in need. My academic education in art is from now on a hobby.
- Its her own choice, Queen Silvia says. But as a parent I´m ofcourse happy about her choice.

http://www.gp.se/gp/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=113&a=315869
photo Ulf Sveningson

Last edited:
a very nice picture of mother and daugther.they are very concerned at the children who have it not so good !!

Oh I love Princess Madeleine's hair in that photograph! She looks beautiful!

I love Princess Madeleine's new hair color, its not as blonde and goes better with her. She looks beautiful.

Princess Madeleine will go to Estonia at 6th March 2007 by her study World Childhood Foundation. More information by this link:

Royal Sweden

My information on page 5 in this forum!

royalgertjan said:
Princess Madeleine is today in Estland I mean :)

Last edited:
RubyPrincess168 said:
Where's Extonia/Estland?

Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are three former Soviet republics bordering the Baltic Sea. For the Swedes these three countries are 'at the other side' of the East Sea.

In culture, geography and history the three Baltic states have a lot tot do with Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Poland and Germany.

:flowers:

Too add to what Henri has said, RubyPrincess, Estonia is the northernmost of the three countries mentioned.

Henri M. said:
Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are three former Soviet republics bordering the Baltic Sea. For the Swedes these three countries are 'at the other side' of the East Sea.

In culture, geography and history the three Baltic states have a lot tot do with Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Poland and Germany.

:flowers:

Okay, Estonia 've heard of! Extonia and Estland I hadn't. I guess it's a language thing........:blush:

06.03.2007 Estonia, Tartu

Princess Madeleine visited NPA Tartu Christian Adolescent Home and Tartu Child Support Center. Madeleine was taking this trip to Tartu on behalf of the World Childhood Foundation and therefore she did not want any cameras for the meetings. There are speculations on the theme that Princess Madeleine will probably take over WCF after the Queen Silvia one day and that is why she is visiting centres which are supported by WCF.

According to the newspaper Eesti Päevaleht Swedish Royal Family will pay an official visit to Estonia and Tartu this autumn.

SL Õhtuleht Online
Rootsi printsess käis Tartus lastefondi raha kasutamist uurimas - Eesti Päevaleht Online

There is a video of Princess Madeleine arriving/leaving NPA Tartu Christian Adolescent Home. Here is the link provided by TV3's Seitsmesed Uudised:

http://www.delfi.ee/news/paevauudised/eest...php?id=15280497

(Vaata videot=Watch the video, press on green arrow)

Okay, Estonia 've heard of! Extonia and Estland I hadn't. I guess it's a language thing........:blush:

I never heard of Extonia either but Estland is the Dutch name for Estonia just like Letland is for Latvia. So it is indeed a language thing

I love her clothes and boots, nice hair too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom