The Swedish Royals and The World Childhood Foundation, Part 1 (May 2003-May 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
royalgertjan said:
Princess Madeleine is with her parent in Kiev...
are there any pictures?
so far I havent seen any... but perhaps later tonight or tomorrow?

Do we have any schedule for the visit? Will there be a gala dinner or something like that?

A few pictures of the Queen in Ukraine, no sight of Madeleine yet. (I post these here because it's only of the Queen, any pics of both the Queen and Madeleine will go in the family news thread)

Swedish Queen Silvia (R) shakes hands with the wife of Ukraine's president Viktor Yushchenko, Kateryna Yushchenko, during the Queen's visit to Kiev September 7, 2006. REUTERS/Mykhailo Markiv/Pool

According to this website, this is what the Queen & Princess Madeleine are in Ukraine to do:

Picture from 5TV

- Awarding of the "Second Counter-Trafficing in Human Beings Awards Ceremony" from The International Migration Organization's programme, today (the Queen)

- Visit to the contruction site of the "Our Children" centre, the Mom Plus project, jointly launched by the IMO and the World Doctors (the Queen)

- Meeting with Ukrainian First Lady Kateryna Yushchenko to discuss matters of humanitarian cooperation, charitable organizations' activities in Ukraine, today (the Queen)

- Trip to Chernihiv to visit the regional centre "Parents and Child Together" and will be familiarized with a new project, meant for street workers, Friday (Princess Madeleine)

Last edited:
perhaps today any pictures of madeleine... i hope sow

Yes lets hope so! It was a long time since we saw her doing official duties together with her mom

Exactly why is the Queen in Kiev? Is she there as "Queen" or more as a representive for childhood?

i think madeleine will do these kind of trips with silvia more in the future

Princess Madeleine and Queen Silvia are in Kiev, Ukraine. Thursday 7/9 – Friday 8/9.

According to GrandDuchess any pics of both the Queen and Madeleine will go in the family news thread (King Carl Gustaf & Queen Silvia - Current Events Part 10).:flowers:

This is what the Princess Madeleine is in Ukraine to do:
Trip to Chernihiv to visit the regional centre "Parents and Child Together" and will be familiarized with a new project, meant for street workers, Friday 8/9

According to http://www.newscom.com:
KIEV, UKRAINE. SEPTEMBER 8. Younger daughter of Queen Silvia of Sweden Princess Madeleine attends the event of the International Organization for Migration.

There is a small (new) photo of Madeleine too. In order to see larger pics you have to login :(

Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine visit the future site of a children's home during the queen's visit to Kiev September 8, 2006.

from yahoo/reuters

Last edited:
Amely, thanks for posting the links of the beautiful pictures of the queen and princess Madeleine from yesterday in Kiev!

not that many photos of madleine they usally is all over her and forgetting her mom or other family members. she looks very small next to the boxer

Thanks for the pics Amely and FanLetizia!

Seems like the Queen was most "in the spotlight"... Hope we´ll get more photos of Madeleine

I don't know
All those photos be present without elucidation

Amely, thanks for the information.

But the pictures I search from yesterday - the queen wear a blue dress (one picture you see by thread current event king and queen, too!)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Princess Madeleine looks very relaxed and happy. :)

Yennie said:
Yes lets hope so! It was a long time since we saw her doing official duties together with her mom

Exactly why is the Queen in Kiev? Is she there as "Queen" or more as a representive for childhood?

Queen Silvia will visit the country as an honorary head of the World Childhood Foundation to take part in the events organized by the International Organization for Migration.

According to the visit's schedule, Queen Silvia is to meet with Ukrainian President Viktor Yuschenko's wife Kateryna Yuschenko to discuss the issues related to humanitarian cooperation between Ukraine and Sweden, as well as the activities of charity organizations headed by Kateryna Yuschenko and Queen Silvia.

Amely, thank you so much for posting beautiful photos of Silvia and Madeleine! I really loved pics where they were with boxer Vitaliy Klitschko. Have you found any more pics of Madeleine?

2 photos and first gallery - The queen of Sweden Ñèëüâèÿ and her daughter princess Madeleine visited a building platform of a children house "Our children" - first in Kiev of the centre of a family type. The queen Silvia during survey of the Centre accompany vice-premier the minister of Ukraine Dmitriy Tabachnik, minister on family, youth and sports Yuriy Pavlienko, other government officials, etc

Second gallery - Queen Silvia, first lady of Ukraine Katrin Yuschenko and princess Madeleine visited the International Centre of rehabilitation of the women, injureds of trade in the slaves (sorry but I know english a little bit)

Third gallery - The queen of Sweden Ñèëüâèÿ with the her younger daughter, princess Madeleine of the profit in Ukraine with visit of September 7. The queen has taken part in ceremony of delivery of the awards for the special merits in counteraction of trade in the people, which was held at theatre

Thanks, Amely

Thank you, Amely, for finding the links to the beautiful pictures of the Queen and Madeleine in Kiev. :flowers:
It is great to see mother and daughter doing something together. They both look great.

Thank you so much, Amely, for finding all of these wonderful pictures!! Good to see that Princess Madeleine took a "back role" and didn't draw all of the attention during this visit :flowers: The Queen's outfits are elegant as always!

Tartucat said:
Princess Madeleine and Queen Silvia are in Kiev, Ukraine. Thursday 7/9 – Friday 8/9.

According to GrandDuchess any pics of both the Queen and Madeleine will go in the family news thread (King Carl Gustaf & Queen Silvia - Current Events Part 10).:flowers:

This is what the Princess Madeleine is in Ukraine to do:
Trip to Chernihiv to visit the regional centre "Parents and Child Together" and will be familiarized with a new project, meant for street workers, Friday 8/9

According to http://www.newscom.com:
KIEV, UKRAINE. SEPTEMBER 8. Younger daughter of Queen Silvia of Sweden Princess Madeleine attends the event of the International Organization for Migration.

There is a small (new) photo of Madeleine too. In order to see larger pics you have to login :(

can anyone post same bigger pics of princess madeleine in kiev?

Thanks for all those nice pictures! I especially like the ones of Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine with Vitali Klitschko. They look indeed very small beside him...;) I hope Madeleine will continue doing more representative duties for the Royal House :flowers:

welcome amely and thanks for the photos
i enjoy seeing photos of this family

It's nice to see Madeleine doing official duties. It's cute how she's been doing the last couple ones with her parents.

Star84, thanks for the link to information about visit in Kiev.

In this information I read that the queen and princess will continue there trip at saturday in Chernihiv!

Does somewhere know more information about this visit in Chernihiv?

ursulajohanna said:
Star84, thanks for the link to information about visit in Kiev.

In this information I read that the queen and princess will continue there trip at saturday in Chernihiv!

Does somewhere know more information about this visit in Chernihiv?

There was no information regarding the Saturday's visit. Princess Madeleine was supposed to make a trip to Chernihiv on Friday. Perhaps this Saturday's visit is an unofficial trip. Without any media coverage. Amely, do you know anything about Saturday's visit? Thanks!

Accoring to http://www.nrcu.gov.ua/index.php?id=148&listid=33536:
Princess Madeleine will make a trip to Chernihiv on Friday, September 8, where she will visit the regional centre "Parents and Child Together" and will be familiarized with a new project, meant for street workers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom