The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-27-2014, 05:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

The queen's speech at ”5th Birthday and Beyond” (english)
H.M. Drottningens*tal vid ”5th Birthday and Beyond” i*den amerikanska kongressen, onsdagen den 25 juni 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus

Drottningen*vid World Childhood Foundations evenmang i*Washington DC - Sveriges Kungahus

Old 06-28-2014, 01:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine updated last night her Facebook with thanks for everyone who was at the Thank You festival, with this photo from Childhood USA.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...25345013_n.jpg

I read that The Merriweather Post Pavilion was almost sold out, there were 19000 people. So a lot of money to Childhood's Thank You -project.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen will attend at World Childhood Foundation's 15th anniversary celebration in Mainau on 23th August. She will be received by countess Bettina Bernadotte, the ceo of Mainau GmbH.
15 Jahre World Childhood Foundation - Childhood
Old 08-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The Queen will attend at World Childhood Foundation's 15th anniversary celebration in Mainau on 23th August. She will be received by countess Bettina Bernadotte, the ceo of Mainau GmbH.
15 Jahre World Childhood Foundation - Childhood
The queen will give a welcome speech at the closing session of the 5th Lindau Meeting on Economic Sciences on Saturday at 11.00 o'clock at the Castle Meadow. After that is the Award Ceremony for World Childhood Foundation's Global Childhood Challenge “Your Big Ideas will Help Small People”

Queen Silvia will participate, among others, an economic debate and celebrate the 15th anniversary of her World Childhood Foundation, which advocates for better living conditions of vulnerable, needy and exploited children. Among the young participants of the economic conference, the Foundation has awarded a competition.
Between the events, guests have the opportunity to catch eyes on Silvia of Sweden: 15 clock in the castle courtyard as well as at 19 clock at a concert on the terrace of the Palmhause, a spokeswoman for the Mainau said.
Blumeninsel Mainau Königin Silvia zu Besuch am Bodensee - Baden-Württemberg - Stuttgarter Zeitung
Old 08-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Countess Sandra Bernadotte (38), takes care of the reception today, which queen Silvia attends.
Countess Sandra is excited and takes lovingly care of the preparations for queen Silvia's visit: "My joy in it is huge," she said to Blick. Today the Queen celebrates on the island of flowers the 15th anniversary of the children's charity "World Childhood Foundation" and spends private time with her relatives.
Sandra's husband Björn (39) is related to Silvia's children, the contact among them all is very tight. Therefore, the Countess takes care of the final preparations herself. "In the seating arrangement, it is important that the Queen has direct eye contact with her lady in waiting. A security officer must be able to sit behind her", she explains.
There will be a lunch in the Palm House with 100 guests and in the evening a three course gala dinner. Sandra has fond memories of the last visit of the Queen on May 8, 2009: "It was the day after our wedding. I made the curtsy in front of her. The queen took me in the arm and said I should call her Silvia, I belong now to the family. That really touched me", says the social worker and says: "Silvia is my role model. She combines warmth with discipline. This combination impresses me very much".
Gräfin Bernadotte empfängt Schweden-Königin auf Insel Mainau «Silvia ist mein Vorbild» Royals Blick
Old 08-23-2014, 06:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia attended at the 5th Lindau meeting on Economic Scienes and celebrated the 15th anniversary of the World Childhood Foundation. The Queen delivered the Global Childhood Award to Bin Wan. The queen held a speech at the beginning of the closing session.
15th Anniversary Of World Childhood Foundation - Pictures - Zimbio

The queen with Bettina Bernadotte's husband Philipp Haug and countess Sandra Bernadotte.
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/1...VfkzTQZk7x.jpg
Philipp Haug, countess Bettina Bernadotte, the queen, count Björn Bernadotte and his wife countess Sandra Bernadotte.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/1...tnHMQXMOKx.jpg

Leute Königin Silvia besucht Blumeninsel Mainau svz.de
Royaler Gast am Bodensee Königin Silvia besucht Blumeninsel Mainau - Baden-Württemberg - Stuttgarter Zeitung

Gallery
APA-Picturedesk

Leute Royale Visite Königin Silvia auf der Blumeninsel - AMICA

Silvia von Schweden Königlicher Familienbesuch! BUNTE.de
Old 08-24-2014, 07:50 AM
Gentry

Queen Silvia attending the 15th anniversary of the World Childhood Foundation at the island Mainau in Germany, on August 23rd.

DEU: 15th Anniversary Of World Childhood Foundation Pictures & News Photos | Getty Images
Old 08-24-2014, 11:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

From the court website
During the evening the anniversary celebrations continued. Among other things, The Queen presented the prize to the German film director Christoph Röhl, who was awarded by Childhood for his work in the fight against child abuse.
Drottningen vid Childhood Tysklands 15-årsjubileum - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

The queen's speech (in english)
H.M. Drottningens tal vid “Lindau Young Researchers Nobel Laureate meeting”, Slottet Mainau den 23 augusti 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus

A gallery with over 200 photos by photographer Robin Utrecht
http://robinutrecht.photoshelter.com...000UnarzBPf6Qg
Old 08-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Queen Silvia attending the 15th anniversary of the World Childhood Foundation at the island Mainau in Germany, on August 23rd.

DEU: 15th Anniversary Of World Childhood Foundation Pictures & News Photos | Getty Images
Lovely blue color. I like what i can see of the dress.

Must have been chilly since she used the shawl.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:02 PM
Aristocracy

I think Queen Silvia looked lovely, but the dress I really liked was the black and white one on the blonde standing next to her!
Old 08-24-2014, 10:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
I think Queen Silvia looked lovely, but the dress I really liked was the black and white one on the blonde standing next to her!
I agree. Stunning dress.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video of queen Silvia in Mainau
Video Königin von Schweden zu Gast ARD Mediathek Landesschau Baden-Württemberg
Old 08-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Still some photos of queen Silvia in Mainau on 23rd August.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

An article about the queen visit on Die Aktuelle
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...31308013_n.jpg

Photo from World Childhood Foundation Facebook: the Queen presented a prize to the German film director Christoph Röhl, who was awarded by Childhood for his work in the fight against child abuse.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...98119532_o.jpg
Old 09-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court has updated the calendar, there is a lot of World Childhood Foundation meetings for queen Silvia and Madeleine this and next week. And two dinners. Next Monday 8th September the queen, Victoria, Daniel and Madeleine attend at a dinner in aid of the World Childhood Foundation.
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 09-02-2014, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen and Madeleine visited Children's Rights Agency with World Childhood Foundation.
Silvia och Madeleine tillsammans igen på uppdrag i Stockholm | Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Drottningen och Prinsessan Madeleine besökte Ersta Barnrättsbyrå - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 09-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Nobility

The Queen, Crown princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Princess Madeleine, and Chris Oneill are attending gala in honour of World childhood foundation this evening in Stockholm
Kunglig glans vid Childhood-middag på Berns | Svensk Damtidning
Old 09-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Galleries
APA-Picturedesk

IBL Bildbyrå
Old 09-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful pictures

Kungligheterna firar 15 år med Childhood | Nyheter | Expressen