The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2008, 03:52 AM

I saw her on TV. She seems not like a Princess more than a next-door-girl, very naturally. I think it is a good sign when she shakes hands with AIDS patient and talks with them.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Commoner

I am very proud of Princess Madeleine because of the work she is doing....she has grown a lot, and you can see God leading in her life.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks very good in this interview; she's always been one of my favorite royals. What is sad in a funny way, is that most of these royals speak English better than most native-born Americans I know. Funny how that is.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
What is sad in a funny way, is that most of these royals speak English better than most native-born Americans I know. Funny how that is.
I definitely know what you mean. Now I'm not saying my English is perfect, but at my high school it makes me mad at how poor my classmates' speak.

Anyways, Madeleine is lovely and seems like a nice girl.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Nobility

its great to see her growing into her own and doing good work.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 20.1.2009

Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine at the exhibition
"Trafficking" in Stockholm, January 20, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
Old 01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from the visit to the exhibition "Traffic" at the Ethnographic Museeum

ANP Beeldbank
The Queen looks lovely, princess Madeleine doesn´t look so good at all.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Following the opening of the exhibition about ‘trafficking’ in Stockholm last week, Queen Silvia has given a TV interview to Swedish SVT.
Trafficking is the modern form of slavery where young girls and boys are abducted by criminal organizations making money with this, and then sold to satisfy sexual needs of the clients.
The interview aired today, and Silvia spoke about her own World Childhood Foundation being involved in the fight against trafficking. Here are some key quotes I translated.

On her involvement:
It has not been easy, but I think it's important that someone is talking about it. Perhaps it does cause many people to raise their eyebrows. In that case, let me just say that it has not been easy for me either – not as a mother, nor as a woman, nor as Queen.”

On Princess Madeleine working with her:
She is still young, but she is not afraid to get involved. She stands with both feet firmly on the ground.”

About going to the Ukraine together and meeting a girl who had been sold and freed:
These kids have such incredibly tragic fates. It takes a whole lifetime before they are rehabilitated. Additionally, if they are liberated, they are frequently rejected by their families upon their return. The families regard it as a disgrace, so the girls are punished twice.
There have to be experts at hand. These vulnerable women need help with their rehabilitation, they have to be able to see doctors and psychologists.”

Link to article in Expressen with excerpts (in Swedish):
Silvia: Det går ut över familjen - Nyheter - Expressen.se

Old 02-11-2009, 05:12 AM
Serene Highness

Yesterday afternoon the princess attend with her mother the Meeting World Childhood Foundation in Stockholm!
Old 02-11-2009, 05:58 AM
Serene Highness

No pics from that event??

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 02-11-2009, 06:04 AM
Serene Highness

Unfortunately - the most of time by Childhood-Meetings we don't see pictures of this!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

Yesterday afternoon the queen receipt Polen and Ukraine president-wifes - Mrs Maria Kaczynska and Mrs Katerina Jusjtjenko - with visit "World Childhood Foundation" in Stockholm!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

Here Photo gallery - Official web-site of President of Ukraine pictures of the event in castle of Stockholm and Childhood offiice in Stockholm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Yesterday afternoon the queen receipt Polen and Ukraine president-wifes - Mrs Maria Kaczynska and Mrs Katerina Jusjtjenko - with visit "World Childhood Foundation" in Stockholm!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Here Photo gallery - Official web-site of President of Ukraine pictures of the event in castle of Stockholm and Childhood offiice in Stockholm.
Thank you very much for the link to the Ukrainian First Lady's site and the large gallery.
Once again, it's a pity to notice that most websites of other countries' Presidents do a much better job reporting about activities - including those of the wives - than the Swedish royal website does regarding the Royals' schedule of engagments.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Serene Highness

Boris, I agree with you. But this topic we discussed many times. I fear that the court don't change it in the next time. Royalcourt tell me, that they don't
documentary all official events!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Actually, the Queen herself said in the portrait written for 'Dagens Nyheter' (see post # 188) that she is thinking of listing official engagements more precisely on the royalcourt website.
Meanwhile, Swedish newspapers have been reporting about a 10-year-old girl who wrote a letter to the Queen for help because her father, a Swedish policeman, sexually abused her for years. The trial against the man is beginning shortly, with the letter being part of the hard evidence.

http://www.metro.se/2009/04/08/25675/silvia-i-tarar-over-brev-om-overgrepp/index.xml
Old 04-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Serene Highness

Boris, I hope the court listen official engagements more precisely on there website in the future, too!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Aristocracy

Really wonderful pics of the CP! She is a real beauty like her mum.

Today there is the 10-year-anniversary and there have been some activities in Göteborg for the royal family. This morning Queen Silva and Princess Madeleine were in a school outside Göteborg. Here is an article from Göteborgs-Posten:

Kungafamiljen i Kortedala - Göteborg - Göteborgs-Posten

The whole royal family except of Prince Carl Philip will be present at a concert in the opera this evening. Hope we will see nice pictures of this event. Unfortunately I did not find any pictures from the activities of Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine except of the one in the article of GP.Has someone seen any pics?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine arrive at the Goteborg Opera House for a gala performance when the World Childhood Foundation celebrated its first decade.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
And here is the programme of the evening:
Göteborgsoperan
Old 05-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Gentry

ruthieviews

I love to see the Royal Family in evening dress. Both Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria looked very pretty. Madeleine looked STUNNING. What a beautiful, elegant dress. It fit her perfectly and was probably the hit of the evening. We are used to seeing her in such a variety of gowns. This time she was right on target. This is a real "red carpet" dress. Bravo!