The Swedish Royals and The World Childhood Foundation, Part 1 (May 2003-May 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
www.polfoto.dk

STOCKHOLM 030506 Queen Silvia and prince Carl Philip watched a soccer game between Djurgarden and Gothenburg in favour for children organizations. Djurgarden won the game 3-1.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 862
Video in german about Queen Silvia´s childhood foundation

ZDF-VIDEO

Interview with Queen Silvia in SVD. She talks (next to other things) about her teenage years, and the teenage years of her children.

Attachments

• Silvia.jpeg
    Silvia.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 2,375
Last edited by a moderator:
German President Johannes Rau presents 'golden heart' award to Queen Silvia of Sweden during the charity gala 'Ein Herz fuer Kinder' (a heart for children) in Berlin, 13 December 2003. At the gala Queen Silvia was awarded the 'golden heart', a honourary prize for her commitment to children in need. Her 'Childhood Foundation' finances projects and initiatives for street children, sexually abused boys and girls as well as for young mothers.

After the show:

two more
1#

2#

With president Rau:

Attachments

• silviap.jpeg
    silviap.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 487
  • silviap2.jpeg
    silviap2.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 2,230
  • sil1.jpeg
    sil1.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 2,283
  • sil2.jpeg
    sil2.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 2,194
  • sil.jpeg
    sil.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 2,238
Brava to Silvia on her award. It's a very good cause.

Imagine Scandinavia - Berlin, Tyskland. Queen Silvia of Sweden and Her Highness Inaara Begum Aga Khan at the party after the 25. Annual A HEART FOR CHILDREN benefit gala in Berlin, 13.12.2003.

Imagine Scandinavia - Berlin, Tyskland. Queen Silvia of Sweden at the party after the 25th Annual A Heart for Children benefit gala in Berlin, 13 December 2003.

Imagine Scandinavia - Berlin, Tyskland. Queen Silvia of Sweden at the party after the 25th Annual A Heart for Children benefit gala in Berlin, 13 December 2003.

Imagine Scandinavia - Berlin, Tyskland. Queen Silvia of Sweden arriving at the 25th Annual A Heart for Children benefit gala in Berlin, 13 December 2003.

Attachments

• sylv.jpg
    sylv.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 508
  • 15_Silvia_prize_9.jpg
    15_Silvia_prize_9.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 579
  • 15_Silvia_prize_8.jpg
    15_Silvia_prize_8.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 623
  • 15_Silvia_prize_7.jpg
    15_Silvia_prize_7.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 515
  • 15_Silvia_prize_6.jpg
    15_Silvia_prize_6.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 540
  • 15_Silvia_prize_5.jpg
    15_Silvia_prize_5.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 542
  • 15_Silvia_prize_10.jpg
    15_Silvia_prize_10.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 540
  • 15_Silvia_prize_2.jpg
    15_Silvia_prize_2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 558
  • 15_Silvia_prize_13.jpg
    15_Silvia_prize_13.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 481
The Queen and the crown princess at a meeting, which took place to celebrate the fifth "birthday" of Queen Silvia´s childhood foundation (www.childhood.org)
The pictures are from www.royalcourt.se

Attachments

• childhood2.jpg
    childhood2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 721
The Royal Court's website says that it's Prince Carl Philip who has designed the new World Childhood Calendar, and he was assisted by the advertising agency Storåker Mccann. The calendar will be sold and the money will go to WCF. Here's the picture from the Royal Court's website, I post it in Family News because the Queen is also in the picture.

Attachments

• WCFkalenderwebb041115.jpg
    WCFkalenderwebb041115.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 683
GrandDuchess said:
The Royal Court's website says that it's Prince Carl Philip who has designed the new World Childhood Calendar, and he was assisted by the advertising agency Storåker Mccann. The calendar will be sold and the money will go to WCF. Here's the picture from the Royal Court's website, I post it in Family News because the Queen is also in the picture.
I´ve now searched online (of course also at childhood.org) but I couldn´t find close-up-pics of the calendar...but I want to see CP´s work...maybe someone can help me?

H.M. The Queen
Receiving of a donation to the World Childhood Foundation and attendance at the awarding of the journalistic prize “With the Eyes of A Child” and the following debate on the topic “How do you raise the children’s perspective in the media?”
Junibacken

Attachments

• wcf1.jpg
    wcf1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 490
  • wcf2.jpg
    wcf2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 568
Many thanks Lena for the nice pictures. Where did you from the pics. By which agency?

Lena said:
H.M. The Queen
Receiving of a donation to the World Childhood Foundation and attendance at the awarding of the journalistic prize “With the Eyes of A Child” and the following debate on the topic “How do you raise the children’s perspective in the media?”
Junibacken

ursulajohanna said:
Many thanks Lena for the nice pictures. Where did you from the pics. By which agency?
Oh sorry. I have forgotten to mention (but of course I should). They are from Fotomarktplatz ("Bilder von heute")

I really like that photo of the Queen. the color blue looks refreshing on her. She also has a nice hairstyle on that event. Very real smile!

I just found a few more pics from Monday 6 December 2004, when the Queen attended the awarding of the journalist prize "With the Eyes of A Child" a also received a donation for the World Childhood Foundation at Junibacken in Stockholm. The Queen looked absolutely lovely this day; the colour suits her so well and the outfit is so stylish!

Attachments

• 132524613.jpg
    132524613.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 542
  • 14635213.jpg
    14635213.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 550
  • 34235232.jpg
    34235232.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 482
  • 352346114.jpg
    352346114.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 542
When you go on the left side under "Who we are" to "Video presentation", then you can watch a video, in which is explained (among others, also of the queen-in english) how the childhood foundation (The queen´s big charity project) works.

http://www.childhood-usa.org/

These two DVD were sold by the World Childhood Foundation and contains among many other things some footage with the royal family. Picture shows both front and back side
has anyone seen this dvd?

Attachments

• 10265015_1.jpg
    10265015_1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 412
Josefine said:
These two DVD were sold by the World Childhood Foundation and contains among many other things some footage with the royal family. Picture shows both front and back side
has anyone seen this dvd?

Yes I own it. It´s a double disc and on one disc it is a revue of the millenium year and on the other it is about the celebrations on new years eve. you get to see a summary of the "party" in the royal palace and you see the king say SKÅL and happy new year, it´s quite good I think.

are you able to do caps?

do you got the dvd on your computer?

where do one buy this dvd and is it something to have
I think they should sell the royal year on dvd from the very start....

The dvd is ok, but imo its not worth buying for the "royal" in it. Its just the party from new years eve. But its fun to watch the clips from every month. Somethings one remember and some - not :)

And I agree with you, Josefine! They should release the royal year shows. I have the programmes from 1994-2004 on tape, but I would love to see the ones from 1977-1993!

TO GO WITH AFP STORY "Sweden's Queen Silvia on crusade against child abuse" Queen Silvia of Sweden poses during an interview with AFP in Stockholm 08 June 2005. Sexual abuse and trafficking of children are overwhelming problems worldwide, says Sweden's Queen Silvia, whose World Childhood Foundation has been helping victims of sexual violence since 1999

Attachments

• AFPLIFESTYLE-SWEDEN-FRANCE-.jpg
    AFPLIFESTYLE-SWEDEN-FRANCE-.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 668
Other part of the interview (about her foundation and child abuse):

Child abuse is getting worse - Silvia

Sexual abuse and trafficking of children are overwhelming problems worldwide, says Sweden's Queen Silvia, whose World Childhood Foundation has been helping victims of sexual violence since 1999.

"Sexual abuse is a global problem, and it's increasing," Silvia told AFP in an interview before a Paris benefit concert for her foundation.

"It's a taboo subject. It's a delicate question. But if you don't talk about it, then the children will continue suffering," she said in her office in the royal palace in central Stockholm.

Silvia, who has long worked for charity, created the foundation after repeatedly meeting with abused children during her travels.

"There came a point when I asked myself: What can I do, personally, to help these children?" she says.

She started by becoming the patron in 1996, in Sweden, of the first World Congress Against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children, which she calls "a very important step", coming shortly after the Dutroux pedophile scandal that shook Belgium.

"One of the good things about being queen is that you have the possibility to help and perhaps even change things for the better," she says.

The second conference, in 2001, took place in Yokohama, giving "Japan a leading role".

The World Childhood Foundation, founded in 1999, is established in Sweden, Germany, Brazil and the US. It does not run programmes itself, but supports 76 projects in 15 countries.

"We are the facilitators and I'm the mother," smiles Silvia.

The funds come from the 14 co-founders including DaimlerChrysler and SAP, and including major Swedish partners like Volvo, ICA and Vattenfall, which can enter into partnerships with the foundation.

It also relies on events like the June 19 benefit concert in Paris with the Orchestre National de France which is conductor Kurt Masur's "gift to the foundation".

Among the projects supported by the foundation are an adolescent centre in Sao Paolo, a child support centre in Estonia, a child health centre in Cape Town and a support structure for 600 juvenile inmates in a Saint Petersburg prison.

In a "babushka brigade" project in Moscow, it has helped bring abused children, homeless mothers and lonely older women together in a day care centre where they help, and learn from, each other.

Young mothers who grew up in orphanages and suffered sexual abuse often find it difficult to give their own children the love they need. "They are quite tough, and often socially and emotionally handicapped," Silvia says. "We help them to be good mothers."

In a project in Brazil, a group of girls got help to open a shop selling candles, soap and small decorated handbags, including with the accounting.

"We don't just rescue the girls, we also help them shape their future, so they don't have to prostitute themselves," she says.

Being a queen of one of the world's richest countries is no obstacle when relating to some of the least-privileged citizens of poor countries, she says.

"The children don't see me that way. They see me as a person who wants to help," she says.

The foundation has a tiny structure, employing just four to five staff each in Stockholm, New York and Brazil, but has started making a difference, Silvia says.

"There are many lights at the end of the tunnel. Many governments have changed laws to protect their children, like Japan and Australia, " she says.

But there are ever new dangers lurking, such as the Internet.

"The Internet is a wonderful thing, but it can also be a tool for the abuse of children. When your child is in front of the computer your child is in danger of being contacted by a paedophile," she says.

German-born Silvia, who became queen of Sweden when she married King Carl Gustaf in 1976, says the respectful attitude with which Swedes treat their children had reinforced her commitment.

"You treat children as a little human beings, with their own rights," she says.

(AFP)

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=1622

Interview: Sweden's Queen Silvia on crusade against child abuse Saturday, 18 June 2005
queen%20silvia%20pose.jpg

Sexual abuse and trafficking of children are overwhelming problems worldwide, says Sweden's Queen Silvia, whose World Childhood Foundation has been helping victims of sexual violence since 1999.

"Sexual abuse is a global problem, and it's increasing," Silvia told AFP in an interview before a Paris benefit concert for her foundation.

"It's a taboo subject. It's a delicate question. But if you don't talk about it, then the children will continue suffering," she said in her office in the royal palace in central Stockholm.

Silvia, who has long worked for charity, created the foundation after repeatedly meeting with abused children during her travels.

"There came a point when I asked myself: What can I do, personally, to help these children?" she says.

She started by becoming the patron in 1996, in Sweden, of the first World Congress Against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children, which she calls "a very important step", coming shortly after the Dutroux pedophile scandal that shook Belgium.

"One of the good things about being queen is that you have the possibility to help and perhaps even change things for the better," she says.

The second conference, in 2001, took place in Yokohama, giving "Japan a leading role".

The World Childhood Foundation, founded in 1999, is established in Sweden, Germany, Brazil and the US. It does not run programmes itself, but supports 76 projects in 15 countries.

"We are the facilitators and I'm the mother," smiles Silvia.

The funds come from the 14 co-founders including DaimlerChrysler and SAP, and including major Swedish partners like Volvo, ICA and Vattenfall, which can enter into partnerships with the foundation.

It also relies on events like the June 19 benefit concert in Paris with the Orchestre National de France which is conductor Kurt Masur's "gift to the foundation".

Among the projects supported by the foundation are an adolescent centre in Sao Paolo, a child support centre in Estonia, a child health centre in Cape Town and a support structure for 600 juvenile inmates in a Saint Petersburg prison.

In a "babushka brigade" project in Moscow, it has helped bring abused children, homeless mothers and lonely older women together in a day care centre where they help, and learn from, each other.

Young mothers who grew up in orphanages and suffered sexual abuse often find it difficult to give their own children the love they need. "They are quite tough, and often socially and emotionally handicapped," Silvia says. "We help them to be good mothers."

In a project in Brazil, a group of girls got help to open a shop selling candles, soap and small decorated handbags, including with the accounting.

"We don't just rescue the girls, we also help them shape their future, so they don't have to prostitute themselves," she says.

Being a queen of one of the world's richest countries is no obstacle when relating to some of the least-privileged citizens of poor countries, she says.

"The children don't see me that way. They see me as a person who wants to help," she says.

The foundation has a tiny structure, employing just four to five staff each in Stockholm, New York and Brazil, but has started making a difference, Silvia says.

"There are many lights at the end of the tunnel. Many governments have changed laws to protect their children, like Japan and Australia, " she says.

But there are ever new dangers lurking, such as the Internet.

"The Internet is a wonderful thing, but it can also be a tool for the abuse of children. When your child is in front of the computer your child is in danger of being contacted by a paedophile," she says.

German-born Silvia, who became queen of Sweden when she married King Carl Gustaf in 1976, says the respectful attitude with which Swedes treat their children had reinforced her commitment.

"You treat children as a little human beings, with their own rights," she says.

June 16 2005 Agence-France Presse

Not only a classy and elegant lady but also one who is committed to helping children. A very lovely person, both inside and outside.:)

Photos of The King and The Queen attended benefit concert against child abuse at Theatre of champs Elysees,in Paris yesterday:

Attachments

• sipaphotos221510.jpg
    sipaphotos221510.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 425
  • sipaphotos221511.jpg
    sipaphotos221511.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 540
  • sipaphotos221512.jpg
    sipaphotos221512.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 378
  • sipaphotos221513.jpg
    sipaphotos221513.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 493
  • sipaphotos221514.jpg
    sipaphotos221514.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 357
  • sipaphotos221515.jpg
    sipaphotos221515.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 463
  • sipaphotos221509.jpg
    sipaphotos221509.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 517
Thanks for posting the nice pics from Paris. The queen look lovely in her old dress.

Thank your for posting those pics, HMQueenElizabethII. Nice to see, that the king was with the queen. As much as I know it was not listed in the schedule, that he would be with her. Maybe they will go directly to St. Maxime for holiday (?)

ursulajohanna said:
Thanks for posting the nice pics from Paris. The queen look lovely in her old dress.
Your welcome,ursulajohanna.Was it really her old dress?I did not know that,i think she looks very lovely in that dress,i had thought that it was a new dress.

More clearier photo from ANP Photo:

Attachments

• 2781196.jpg
    2781196.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 451
  • 2781194.jpg
    2781194.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 438
Nice to see the couple together on their anniversary, and in Paris the city of romance so nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom