The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-26-2015, 04:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Court Security stopped this morning Victoria to be with at the Palace. The Crown Princess and the king should not stay in the same room because of the security situation in Sweden:
- That's right, confirms Margaret Thorgren.
Outside the Royal Palace was uniformed police positioned at several places with automatic weapons - something that has not even been the case in neither the royal weddings or baptisms.
This morning the court's security took the decision that Crown Princess Victoria can not attend the conference. They dare not let the king and the country's future head of state, Crown Princess Victoria, stay in the same premises.
- It is with the elevated security situation in Sweden to do, Thorgren said.
When parts of the royal family came into the Hall of State this morning at 9:00 Crown Princess Victoria was not even on the Royal Palace.
- No, the Crown Princess is not here. We will not go into where the crown princess is, says Thorgren.
The king was the opening speech and mentioned naturally nothing of what had taken place shortly before when the security department took the decision to remove Victoria from the program.
- Wish you all a good and inspiring day, the King declared.
Victoria stoppas från Global Child Forum _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

The Crown Princess has had to cancel her participation. The reason is that the security has been increased due to the prevailing situation in Sweden.
- The Security Organization has made the judgment, Margareta Thorgren said.
The king and the crown princess should not, under the circumstances, therefore, be at the same room. The crown princess is feeling good.
- This is about security, nothing else, says Margareta Thorgren.
Victoria ställer in på grund av säkerhetsskäl _ Svensk Damtidning

Photos
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...23556100_o.jpg
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2f&oe=56DCAD2C
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUuZB6sUsAAFjNu.jpg:large
APA-Picturedesk

Sofia visade upp sin bebismage _ Svensk Damtidning

Old 11-26-2015, 05:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Margareta Thorgren says to Aftonbladet:
- Due to the threat that has been in Sweden for the last weeks, it is a judgment that the court's safety has made.
Is there a threat to the rest of the royal family?
- I do not want to answer to that.
Although she did not go to the conference now, is there continued heightened security around Victoria?
- That I will not comment.
Thorgren would not say if there are specific threats that have come in or whether the assessment is based solely on the elevated threat level in Sweden.
Victoria stoppas från Global Child Forum _ Krim _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Old 11-26-2015, 05:14 AM
Courtier

Armed police in Sweden is always a sign of a very serious situation.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 11-26-2015, 05:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

And why the king has hired Margareta Thorgren? She is a total mess.

The court's safety allegedly stopped Crown Princess Victoria from participating in the Global Child Forum at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on Thursday. According to reports in several media, it had to do about security - something denied by the court.
- It is not true, the crown princess has other commitments, says Margareta Thorgren to SVT News.
According to Expressen the general threat was considered to be too high, and the court does not want the king and the crown princess staying in the same room at the same time.
- Because of the security situation in Sweden, it is a judgment that the court's security organization is doing, Margareta Thorgren said.
Even to Aftonbladet Thorgren said that the threat is behind the decision.
But when SVT News talks to the court's press officer, she takes back the data.
- The Crown Princess has other commitments. We have an active royal family and several other members of royal family to participate. This was planned earlier, says Thorgren to SVT News.
Victoria påstods stoppas från möte – förnekas av hovet - Nyheter _ SVT.se
Old 11-26-2015, 05:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

hahahahaha, SRF PR strikes again!!
Old 11-26-2015, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Margareta Thorgren Expressen got wrong information from the court, which led to that the magazine went out with that the threat situation in the country meant that Victoria canceled her participation at the conference.
The reason would have been that the king and the heir to the throne should not be staying in the same place.
According to the court, this is wrong.
- That Victoria isn't attending is because she has other commitments, not because of the security, says Margareta Thorgren.
Hovet_ inte på grund av hotbild som Victoria inte deltar - DN.SE

Maybe there is a real threat, and Thorgren doesn't know what to do.

Expressen has now updated their original article:
The Crown Princess has other commitments now and the rest, I have no comment, Thorgren says.
How will it be with other program events when the Crown Princess will attend?
- As always at all events the royal family does we always have a safety mindset. It has been so in the past and so even now.
- The reason that the crown princess is not with is that she has other commitments today and the rest about the safety and the assessments made, it's nothing we commented in the media.
But the decision was made because of the security situation?
- When it comes to security, there is nothing we comment but when it comes to that the crown princess is not with, it is because she has other commitments.
When you spoke with us earlier, it was about the increased security?
- Of course the increased security means that we have a security organization that is fully committed to different things but it's nothing that we comment in the media.
- It was planned that way, but there are several in the royal family who's in this seminar and the royal family has very many commitments and in this case made it a reprioritisation of the princess' part.

Gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Även Madeleine på plats i Stockholm _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 11-26-2015, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent

It was on the official agenda that Victoria will participate in the dinner and now has other commitments. This Margareta Thorgren made them a bit mess i think.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:08 AM
Courtier

I've said it before and I'll say it again - That the SRF has a notoriously bad PR department can't be only their fault. We've seen over and over again ever since Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg left the job how there's misinformation and chaos. It has to have something to do with the Royal family itself - Chris & Madeleine seems to be the tip of the iceberg but there's apparently a lot more going on behind the Palace gates to cause this mess.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 11-26-2015, 08:41 AM
Majesty

I read the words from Margareta Thorgren, but I don't understand them...

Is she saying there are security issues, but Victoria suddenly has other engagements that have popped up and is therefore unable to attend, but it sure has nothing to do with security?

I need an aspirin!
Old 11-26-2015, 09:02 AM
Serene Highness

I never thought I would see the day, but I did. What an incredible mess this is.

Is Margareta Thorgren trying to blame someone else from the court? She is the head of that department so I thought that everything that is communicated goes through her.
I'm also not sure I buy this security thing, although I don't say that it can't be possible. I just think this is weird overall.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Security Service never comments on security issues. It seems that Thorgren said too much and then she had to find another explanation. Of course the security around the royal family has been tightened after the security level was raised. The press has reported that there are polices at the Haga Palace checking everyone who goes in, normally there is only a guard. This week when Daniel was at schools with Prince Daniel Fellowship, he had more bodyguards than before, the bodyguards were very visible at events and there were polices too.
And if Victoria has another commitments, which were planned earlier, the court could have taken her name away from the calendar already some days ago.

Thorgren has now said to Aftonbladet that Victoria's other commitment is not private, but they don't put everything to the calendar. She said also that it is not some secret mission, but she still can't comment on it.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:19 AM
Gentry

Why oh why does SRF have a bad PR department?
Old 11-26-2015, 10:53 AM
Nobility

no pictures from yesterday
Old 11-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Nobility

This Thorgren woman is a joke when it comes to PR, especially in allaying concerns about the safety of the SRF. The conflicting statements have you wondering what is the threat assessment? If the danger is so great that soldiers with assault weapons need to surround the palace and the future queen cannot be in the same room with the reigning monarch, I say it's bad. It also raises questions if there has been an ongoing situation about the Berdnadottes' safety. Last month there was a gun found at an event area where Carl Philip was to attend. A couple of weeks ago security was increased at Haga Palace and for the Crown Princess family (I believe @Lady Finn posted about these events.) I asked previously if the rest of the family has increased security from the Court or Sapo, or are they on their own?
Old 11-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The Security Service never comments on security issues. It seems that Thorgren said too much and then she had to find another explanation. Of course the security around the royal family has been tightened after the security level was raised. The press has reported that there are polices at the Haga Palace checking everyone who goes in, normally there is only a guard. This week when Daniel was at schools with Prince Daniel Fellowship, he had more bodyguards than before, the bodyguards were very visible at events and there were polices too.
And if Victoria has another commitments, which were planned earlier, the court could have taken her name away from the calendar already some days ago.

Thorgren has now said to Aftonbladet that Victoria's other commitment is not private, but they don't put everything to the calendar. She said also that it is not some secret mission, but she still can't comment on it.
And vice versa. They also put things on the calendar that aren't published when they are over. Then why the mentioning on the calendar? That doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
no pictures from yesterday
See post #81 by LadyFinn, there are pictures there.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:23 PM
Nobility

Nice job of PR!
Old 11-26-2015, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

What a disaster! Why, oh why can't the swedish royal family have a decent pr? Really, I feel that it was all for security reasons but someone must have let it slip to the press! And the pr department had to hastily find and excuse and say Victoria had a commitment... of course the securith matter shouldn't have come up..
Old 11-27-2015, 02:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

So far there aren't any photos of Wednesday's dinner. But the court and the Forum haven't published any photos of the dinners on the previous years either.

Queen Silvia on her closing remarks at the Forum
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...66&oe=56F9D8A5

Queen Silvia with Afra Abasti and Maryam BinTheneya
https://twitter.com/DFWAC/status/670084721150398464

Tord Magnuson attended also at the Forum
http://s04.imageupper.com/1/5/C1448570573226733_1.jpg
Old 11-27-2015, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Is it true that Victoria sent a recorded speech in a video? This makes me more certain that there were security reasons behind it all...
Old 11-27-2015, 08:03 AM
Nobility

I think in this situation it made perfect sense for the court to state that Victoria's absence was security related. Given what happened in Paris and elsewhere, and Sweden being put on high alert, it was an obvious move to not have monarch and heir in the same place, and stating that was the reason would have been confirming the obvious and not revealing any sensitive information.

I wonder what's going to happen with the Nobels. I assume if the King and Crown Princess are present, the attendees and people working are going to be subjected to much stronger security measures.