The Swedish Royals and Stockholm World Water Week: 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for the pictures!! she's beautiful and her dress is waouh!!!

very nice look on Victoria! Looks like she has done some work out during her holiday :)

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Oblique smile with the right side of the lip a little more upwards than the the left side...that´s a 100% copy of Daniel´s smile :rolleyes: ;)

Thank you for the pics, LadyFinn and iceflower :flowers:

OMG Lena, you're right. Well, you know what they say, when you've been together too long, you start acting like the other person. HAHA She looks great BTW. Her jewelry is really pretty.

Pic 15.8.2007

You are most welcome :flowers::flowers:

Another royal guest was there yesterday:

Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander poses outside the Stockholm City Conference Centre in Stockholm,
Sweden, Wednesday Aug 15, 2007, after giving a speech at the annual World Water Week.
The week-long international conference on water opened on Monday and brings together some 2, 500
experts from 140 countries. (AP Photo/ Fredrik Persson)

--> Willem-Alexander

Hmz, so what will the juniors get prizes for? :glare:

From the site:
[The prize]*is awarded to encourage the interest of young people in water and science issues. In 2007 the Stockholm Junior Water Prize celebrates its 10th anniversary as an international youth competition open to pre-university students between ages 15–20 who have completed a water-related project. The projects can be done individually or in a group, and may focus on a local, regional or global problem.

To read about the finalists' projects, as well as information about previous winner projects: http://www.worldwaterweek.org/prizesandawards/SJWP Finalistkatalog 2007 web.pdf :flowers:

Big picture of Victoria with the winners. H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden presented the 2007 Stockholm Junior Water Prize to (from left) Carlos Hernández Mejía, Dalia Graciela Díaz Gómez and Adriana Alcántara Ruiz of Mexico on August 14.
http://www.worldwaterweek.org/Pictures/sjwp_winners_2007_hires.jpg

Video highlights from the award ceremony: http://www.mailbigfile.com/eb40f9696c459f1911f3803d8d1326e3/listFiles.php

Big picture of The Prince of Orange and King Carl Gustav. 16 August 2007, Stockholm. H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and H.R.H. Prince Willem-Alexander of The Netherlands met in Stockholm and attended the seminar "Cities at Risk: A Warmer World and the Big Chill for Urban Planners," a Royal Colloquium held today at the Stockholm City Conference Centre as part of the annual World Water Week in Stockholm
: http://www.worldwaterweek.org/Downloads/kung_princeO.jpg

Pics 16.8.2007

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden at the Stockholm City Hall for the Water Prize ceremony on August 16, 2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

I'm loving to see all of these pics. Willem-Alexander being there is that because of his own personal interests for his country? I'm just curious why W-A is there.

off subject but Marengo, I love your avatar, it's very nice!

I'm loving to see all of these pics. Willem-Alexander being there is that because of his own personal interests for his country? I'm just curious why W-A is there.

off subject but Marengo, I love your avatar, it's very nice!

Willem-Alexander has been involved with water managment for a long time, you can read about that here. At the moment he is chairman of the UN Secretary-General’s Advisory Board on Water and Sanitation.

I like the avatar too actually, though I believe it is WA´s younger brother Friso who is hanging over the late Prince Claus in Porto Ercole, Italy.

Yes, I saw a video once of WA talking about this project. Good for him and Victoria!

Stockholm World Water Week; August 17-23, 2008

The programme for the world water week can be seen here: http://www.worldwaterweek.org/programme/index.asp

Crown Princess Victoria will award the Junior prize on the 19th and the Stockholm Water prize on the 21st.

The Prince of Orange will also be present at the World Water Week.

Crown Princess Victoria arriving to the Stockholm Junior Water Prize Award Ceremony
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Joyce Chai of Rancho Palos Verdes, CA, receives the Stockholm Junior Water Prize from Swedish Crown Princess Victoria. Chai, a student at Palos Verdes Peninsula High School in Rolling Hills Estates, CA receives the Stockholm Junior Water Prize (SJWP), the most prestigious youth award for water-related science, for her work on nanomaterials.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria looks very beautiful.

Victoria looked great tonight. Nice dress with the tan, good to see the hair well-kept and not in a ponytail, nice earrings - fantastic! She's got "killer legs", very big and athletic sized after all the workout :D Thanks for the pics LadyFinn! :flowers:

Thanks LadyFinn for the pictures, Victoria looks beautiful love her hair and lovely earrings nice dress .And Grand Duchess is right Victoria has amazing legs

She looked great!!!!!!!!!! She has Q Silvia's eyes and I agree she looks so much better without that pony tail.....

thanks for those pics!!!

she's really great!!! I like her dress!!

Crown Princess Victoria arrives to the City Hall, where she handed over the Stockholm Water Prize.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Crown princess Victoria handed out the 2008 Stockholm Water Prize to Professor John Anthony Allan of the University of London in Britain. Allan, who developed a way to calculate how much water is used in the production of anything from a cup of coffee to a hamburger.
Daylife
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I love the color of the dress not sure about the Layer style of the dress ,But she Looks Great , Thanks LadyFinn

Are those the same shoes ?

thanks for those pics!!

I love her blue dress!! it's fantastic on her!!!

Her hair is perfect too!!!

Thanks for posting the pics. Victoria looked fantastic! Great to see her in a new kind of dress wich looked really good, and the hair is great too. :wub:

Beautifull pics of Victoria, i like her hair very much, it is perfect!!!

Back
Top Bottom