The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Perhaps someone is trying to cool off their relationship by separating them. This has all happened rather quickly which is rather suspect. This is what it looks like or sounds like IMO. Interesting to see where the relationship will go from here.
Hmm, didnt they already try this plan a while back with another member of the family? Did it work? Nope, her boyfriend got a box with 30 letters instead

Old 10-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

I hope Carl Philip is not going to Afghanistan. Even if this is true and someone wants to separate him and Sofia, this is going too far.
I have some idea about CP dating Sofia. What if he does not treat this relationship seriously. What if from the day one he met Sofia he thought about her as a fun date only and that he never going to marry her. Probably Sofia knows it and rather is not expecting more than just fun. Knowing Sofia's past I assume she should not expect a lot from dating a royal.
Carl Philip's prior girlfriend, Emma, was a very appropriate royal girlfriend, and after very long relationship CP may just look for amusement.
Some men today still divide women in old fashioned way on those who are for fun only and those who are for marriage only. Maybe CP is one of those men.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
I hope Carl Philip is not going to Afghanistan.
If CP wants and is allowed to fight for his country then I see no reason why he should not go.

Quote:
Knowing Sofia's past I assume she should not expect a lot from dating a royal.
Ouch.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If CP wants and is allowed to fight for his country then I see no reason why he should not go.

Ouch.
Again, how is he fighting for his country ??????????? Sweden is not at war.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Serene Highness

I remember reading a while back that he was considering going into the military. I don't believe that his parents pressured him or told him that this is what he's going to do. Perhaps someone suggested this to him (going into the military)since he's getting so much criticism about not doing much of anything.

He's not going to be put directly in harm's way. No one would do that to him deliberatedly. It seems odd to me that the press would be telling everyone where he's going to be sent. They shouldn't be telling us this. We don't really need to know this. That's puts him at great risk.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonconsort View Post
No, you're right, Sweden is not at war (and it is 200 years since the last time - 1809 against Russia), but Sweden has "peace keepers"(= armed troops) in Afghanistan .... so in that sense, Sweden is in fact at war ... and I guess the Swedish soldiers can't tell they are "fighting for their country" :-) but they can tell they are fighting for peace.... (and thats wierd if you ask me...)
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 10-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonconsort View Post
Currently, Sweden has deployed military forces in Afghanistan with the International Security Assistance Force and in Kosovo as a part of the multi-national Kosovo Force as well as a naval force about to be deployed to the gulf of Aden as a part of recently established EU anti-piracy mission named Operation Atalanta .

So Sweden is participating in quite a few "fire fights" if you'd prefer to call it that, so IMO he would be fighting for his country and in the name of peace if he was sent to any of these places.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I hope Carl Philip is not going to Afghanistan.
Carl Philip did his military service in the Swedish navy. He is currently in the naval reserve, so if he goes on active duty it will be in the navy. (He's never trained in the army or air force) Since Afghanistan is a landlocked country I think the chances of Carl Philip seeing active duty there are very remote!
Old 10-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Several posts have been deleted as they had nothing to do with the topic of this thread - the Swedish Royals and the Military. The purpose of US and British soldiers in Afghanistan has nothing to do with this. Any further posts on this will be deleted at moderator discretion.

Tags
armed services, army, crown princess victoria